Neptunia Re;Birth 3 (PSV/PC)|(6/30 US 7/3 EU PSV / Fall PC)

Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!
FANSean
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Re: Neptunia Re;Birth 3 (PSV/PC)|(6/30 US 7/3 EU PSV / Fall PC)

Postby FANSean » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:27 am

You get them in Chapter 4, which I'm pretty sure is a bug on their part since you also get DLC-character scenes with them as kids when they're still supposed to be infants in the plot.

KoopaTroopinski
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby KoopaTroopinski » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:08 am

shadowmaksim wrote:
KoopaTroopinski wrote:
shadowmaksim wrote:...locking EXE drives behind them I found to be a terrible decision, even if they aren't too hard to get.

Reminds me of games like Ratchet & Clank Future where you had to use a weapon/action numerous times to unlock a more powerful version of it. I personally don't mind so long as it doesn't take forever to do so.

You need have a character use an SP skill 100 times to get the plan. Then you need to get the material, which is always a single "Large Pincer", along with having at least 16 MB to spend. And that's just for a single character.

Like I said, it's not too bad but it's certainly rather annoying. Especially if you got the DLC characters and want to use them as well. The soonest you can unlock them is I think Chapter 3...maybe? That's around when you can even get the "Large Pincer" material I think. So even if you get the plan early, you can't really do anything with it.

Then I guess I'll save the DLC characters for after the first playthrough, since by then, the main group should've already had their EXE Drives unlocked.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:26 am

I get the feeling a lot of the changes were meant to balance things out?

They've said challenges and stuff were meant to be rewards for using characters you like more rather than mandatory stuff, or at least in the past anyway. So locking them behind challenges might be less "grind for these!" and more "use other skills!" - since SP regens in battle, running out wouldn't be as bad, right?

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:00 pm

SP doesn't regen here. However, you do get 3 SP for every hit, so it can fill up pretty easily anyway. The easiest way to grind those out for challenges is to just go into a starting dungeon and have the characters spam buff skills on each other (or themselves) since those cost the least SP per use.
Thanks to TwilightStar for the sig! :D
Trophy card
Spoiler:

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:04 pm

That's what I mean - it just fills back up normally as you fight. :lol:

My1xT
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby My1xT » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:10 pm

But do you guys know where we can get the other 5th combo plans, in tge challenges you only get 1 (like rush for nepgear)
I never intend to rant, insult anyone or anything like that. I just want to express my oppinion, and if I appeared so, sorry in advance.
Also if I am capsing, I either accidentially hit caps or I am too lazy for using bold bbcode (especially on phone)

Superbowl54
Majin
Majin

Postby Superbowl54 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:55 pm

Any chance anyone here has found the Powerlevel Island plan? It's all I need to get on the true end path and I can't find info about it anywhere.

On chapter 9 right before that last boss before
Spoiler:
you go back to Neptune's dimension

My1xT
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby My1xT » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:00 pm

did you check stella and all the perople in the map? might be you missed one earlier and well...
I never intend to rant, insult anyone or anything like that. I just want to express my oppinion, and if I appeared so, sorry in advance.
Also if I am capsing, I either accidentially hit caps or I am too lazy for using bold bbcode (especially on phone)

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:12 pm

Seventh wrote:That's what I mean - it just fills back up normally as you fight. :lol:

I saw "SP regen" and figured you meant something like the HP/SP Regen chips that give you HP/SP each turn regardless of anything. :P
Thanks to TwilightStar for the sig! :D
Trophy card
Spoiler:

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:16 pm

Superbowl54 wrote:Any chance anyone here has found the Powerlevel Island plan? It's all I need to get on the true end path and I can't find info about it anywhere.

On chapter 9 right before that last boss before
Spoiler:
you go back to Neptune's dimension

If I remember correctly, you should get it from a field event somewhere on the Planeptune map I think. I got the True End yesterday but I wasn't really paying much close attention to where the event was exactly. Just make sure to check all of the maps for any field events.

Karto
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Karto » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:55 am

Maybe someone here can help me as I've had no luck elsewhere.
I've been having a problem with Stella's Dungeon, whenever I reach floor 8860 she just gives up even though her health will be full & the floor is a scout discovery. Is there something I'm missing?
Spoiler:

YotsuMaboroshi
Vassal
Vassal

Postby YotsuMaboroshi » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:16 am

You're saying she 'gives up', but what message are you getting? AFAIK, the only times Stella stops are when she dies, or when she reaches her goal. The only thing I can think of for her stopping when she's at full health on a scout discovery is that you have the goal set to that floor.

Mind, I'm not that far in Stella's dungeon yet, but that's how it worked in Rebirth 2, and how it's worked so far for me in Rebirth 3. Only other thing I can think of is if you started a NG+ at that point, which in Rebirth 2 reset Stella without completing her current goal (or giving you items), but IDK if the same applies to Rebirth 3.

Ultimate_Nova_X
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Ultimate_Nova_X » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:17 am

vampko wrote:
My1xT wrote:Well his nane as a citizen is Nick Doerr, and he is a devil for localization stuff, since he adds Memes and a lot of stuff, for example lastastion gets called OCD, while its said that it's rather clean and angled in the japanese version, does he even know what OCD is? I dont have OCD but i know that linking things cleanly IS NOT OCD. That disrespectful and disgusting. I have autism (asperger in detail) and I get disgusted when I hear that "vaccines cause autism" stuff

It's actually really common to have an OCD about cleaning. You're very wrong in saying that it's not linked. In fact saying it's "clean and angled" kinda implies that there might be an OCD at work.

I'd have to read/listen to the actual line to compare of course. But from what you're saying, it makes perfect sense.

I also like to add that in western society, there's a much lower bar of what's qualified as "OCD" than Eastern society. Partly linked to why Asians in general do better in schools.

Based on what has been said here, it seems Nick Doerr has forgotten he was localizing a Japanese game...again. :roll:

Not trying to restart the debate here, but just wanting to give insight to societal differences.

KoopaTroopinski
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby KoopaTroopinski » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:19 pm

Ultimate_Nova_X wrote:
vampko wrote:
My1xT wrote:Well his nane as a citizen is Nick Doerr, and he is a devil for localization stuff, since he adds Memes and a lot of stuff, for example lastastion gets called OCD, while its said that it's rather clean and angled in the japanese version, does he even know what OCD is? I dont have OCD but i know that linking things cleanly IS NOT OCD. That disrespectful and disgusting. I have autism (asperger in detail) and I get disgusted when I hear that "vaccines cause autism" stuff

It's actually really common to have an OCD about cleaning. You're very wrong in saying that it's not linked. In fact saying it's "clean and angled" kinda implies that there might be an OCD at work.

I'd have to read/listen to the actual line to compare of course. But from what you're saying, it makes perfect sense.

I also like to add that in western society, there's a much lower bar of what's qualified as "OCD" than Eastern society. Partly linked to why Asians in general do better in schools.

Yes, because it's not like there is a huge percentage of Asians that are average or just plain stupid. They are clearly superior to other races academically. Parental upbringing and general learning environment has nothing to do with how well someone does in school, only race. :roll:

Ultimate_Nova_X wrote:Based on what has been said here, it seems Nick Doerr has forgotten he was localizing a Japanese game...again. :roll:

Not trying to restart the debate here...

If that was the case, you wouldn't have said the highlighted sentence. You're either bullshitting me or you don't have a sense of tact.

Ultimate_Nova_X
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Ultimate_Nova_X » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:27 pm

protip1: stop making a mountain out of a pile of sand. It's not worth your time.

protip2: stop making it sound like others are speaking of mountains when they're speaking sand. You're not worth their time.

If these metaphors happen to be too tough, well...tough luck.
Last edited by Ultimate_Nova_X on Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Series”