Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1,2,3 coming to Steam

Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!
xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1,2,3 coming to Steam

Postby xizro345 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:29 am

Aushria wrote:No one is trying to change your opinion, Xizro.

But I guess I can express my distaste? If there are debates on characters of the franchise, I don't see anything wrong on expressing a different opinion, no matter how in the minority I may be.

For me it's not a good sign, Steam is becoming the only thing worthy for PC gamers, even for these kind of games. There's a high chance of lock-in in the future.
Also Steam has regional lock, and that is potentially problematic for me even if I wanted to get them.

FiveOVER
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby FiveOVER » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:30 am

Seventh wrote:... Except for the fact that two of the three games here haven't even been released for the Vita here yet

Surely most who are interested in the remakes would've bought it by now, probably. Then there's also hyperdevotion and U. I think the vita have that audience covered. And as much as I hope otherwise, Japan will still be indifferent towards PC. It doesn't personally affect me since CH won't be skipping out on a vita remake in the future. (if there is one)

xizro345 wrote:
For me it's not a good sign, Steam is becoming the only thing worthy for PC gamers, even for these kind of games. There's a high chance of lock-in in the future.
Also Steam has regional lock, and that is potentially problematic for me even if I wanted to get them.

Is GoG the only alternative to steam right now?
PSN: FIVE_Overs

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:41 am

FiveOVER wrote:
Seventh wrote:... Except for the fact that two of the three games here haven't even been released for the Vita here yet

Surely most who are interested in the remakes would've bought it by now, probably. Then there's also hyperdevotion and U. I think the vita have that audience covered. And as much as I hope otherwise, Japan will still be indifferent towards PC. It doesn't personally affect me since CH won't be skipping out on a vita remake in the future. (if there is one)

Er, but... How can they buy them if the games aren't even out yet? :lol: I'm not following you here. Oh, unless the "it" you're referring to is the Vita, not the games? Since that doesn't necessarily mean already existing Vita/PC owners won't migrate to PC instead if it's coming and the PC is their preference.

FiveOVER
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby FiveOVER » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:43 am

Yeah, I mean the vita itself. It doesn't really matter where people buy the game though, since CH/IF gets the money in the end.
PSN: FIVE_Overs

FANSean
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby FANSean » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:16 am

Well I already have a Vita, so I'll be getting those on that for the sake of portability. I doubt Neptunia's going to have enough of a modding community for it to matter (Especially with Sturgeon's Law in effect)

That said, if VII can get put on Steam concurrent with the PS4 release (At least in the localization, probably not enough time to do that for the japanese release), that'd be nice because I don't really want to buy a PS4 at this moment. I mean, fortunately, I probably have until the end of 2015 if it comes to that but better if I can stall it longer.

einar
Majin
Majin

Postby einar » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:35 am

I doubt you'll see any "mods" unless you count in reverse engineering / replacing assets (still modding, but something of a hack IMO).

For those who think that *nix platforms aren't worth: there are Steam clients for them (although I'm staying well away from those) as well.

NoireRulz
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby NoireRulz » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:36 pm

I remember IFI wanting to bring RB1 to PC......kinda surprised it actually happened.

I do feel sorry for PC only users......they won't get to experience how awesome the original game is.
Youtube / Twitter / Album of my Noire & Black Heart Shrines[UPDATED]

"Stand in my way, and I'll make sure you fall" - Black Heart

"Noire is the dragon that flies below the sun"

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:34 pm

Yay! If this has Steam Achievements, I may just buy them all over again and go for the uberstack. :p
Thanks to TwilightStar for the sig! :D
Trophy card
Spoiler:

Ultimate_Nova_X
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Ultimate_Nova_X » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:37 am

PC release.

Heheh

Hwehwehweh

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Gradon
Majin
Majin

Postby Gradon » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:13 pm

PR release

LOS ANGELES, CA, December 24 – All aboard the Steam train! Idea Factory International is excited to announce that three titles – Hyperdimension Neptunia™ Re;Birth1 (PlayStation®Vita handheld system), Hyperdimension Neptunia™ Re;Birth2: Sisters Generation (PlayStation®Vita handheld system), and Fairy Fencer F (PlayStation®3 entertainment system) – will be available for download on Steam exclusively for the PC.

Please stay tuned for details for each title’s release date and system requirements!

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 Story
In the world of Gamindustri, four goddesses known as CPUs battled for supremacy in the War of the Guardians. One of the CPUs - Neptune - was defeated by the others and banished from the heavens. In her fall from grace, her memories were lost but a mysterious book reveals itself to Neptune with knowledge of all of Gaminudstri's history. Joined by Compa, IF, and the sentient book known as Histoire, Neptune embarks on an extraordinary journey across four different nations on a quest to save the entire
world!

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2: Sisters Generation Story
20XX - Gamindustri faces a dire crisis! Ever since the advent of ASIC - the Arfoire Syndicate of International Crime - morality has all but vanished. As much as 80 percent of all students are rumored to worship a being known as Arfoire, and the authorities have chosen to turn a blind eye to the threat. Basically, Gamindustri is pretty messed up, you guys. Ahem. Thus did Gamindustri fall into complete and utter disarray. Will the goddesses be able to reclaim their world from ASIC's grasp, or will they be forced to wander the Gamindustri Graveyard, forever lost?

Fairy Fencer F Story
Long ago, a dreadful war was fought between the Goddess and the Vile God. Equally matched, they created a vast number of special weapons imbued with their godly energy, each containing the life force of a fairy. With the passing of time, the weapons left behind by the Goddess and the Vile God are now known as "Furies,“ and the warriors who wield them "Fencers". Due to their immense power, rumor has it that anyone who collects the Furies will have their wish granted. As luck would have it, a young man named Fang acquires one of the Furies, accidentally becoming a Fencer. He soon rescues Tiara, a fellow Fencer, and this fateful encounter draws him into the ancient battle between the Goddess and Vile God.

My1xT
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby My1xT » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:01 pm

xizro345 wrote:It would be good news...If it wasn't on Steam.
Unless they will a) use a DRM free service like GoG; b) support an OS that is not Windows I will never consider or support their PC ports.

Well be happy that it is just steam. Steam is the only drm service that I accept, no need for Internet while playing, no need for a disc check no "install on x computers" threshold etc, the only obstacles are that you can't sell games and thatyou can't run a game on 2 machines online with the same account (but that is the same you would get with dosc checking) and that ppl with bad Internet cant really use steam.
I never intend to rant, insult anyone or anything like that. I just want to express my oppinion, and if I appeared so, sorry in advance.
Also if I am capsing, I either accidentially hit caps or I am too lazy for using bold bbcode (especially on phone)

Arcliff
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Arcliff » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:14 pm

Am I the only one who doesn't like this one bit?

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:17 pm

Arcliff wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't like this one bit?

xizro has made their view on it pretty clear, I think.

Considering this is mainly for the Western fanbase, I'm not too bothered. If it's the Vita you're thinking of, that'll still be getting stuff for their home turf and they'll keep localizing it in turn.

Aushria
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Aushria » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:50 pm

Seventh wrote:
Arcliff wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't like this one bit?

xizro has made their view on it pretty clear, I think.

Considering this is mainly for the Western fanbase, I'm not too bothered. If it's the Vita you're thinking of, that'll still be getting stuff for their home turf and they'll keep localizing it in turn.

Japan is getting these as well, Seventh.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:26 pm

I didn't say they weren't. :lol: I would've said only instead of mainly if I was.

Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Series”