Little question about Hyperdevotion Noire

Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!
Thiaguinho-sama
Vassal
Vassal
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:40 am

Little question about Hyperdevotion Noire

Postby Thiaguinho-sama » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:24 pm

I know that there is a giant thread about Hyperdevotion Noire, but I don't think I would be able to find there what I want to know.

Anyway, what I want to know is if there is romance between the Secretary and Noire, is it like the romance of the Producer with the girls on Producing Perfection? the only information I found is that there is only hints between them in the minigame SimNoire, but does it have romance in the main story like PP, just hints or nothing?

I wans't able to find more information so I woulb be grateful if someone could tell me something more solid.

User avatar
LoweeIsLove
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility
Posts: 462
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:31 pm
Location: Lowee & Leanbox

Re: Little question about Hyperdevotion Noire

Postby LoweeIsLove » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:09 pm

Thiaguinho-sama wrote:I know that there is a giant thread about Hyperdevotion Noire, but I don't think I would be able to find there what I want to know.

Anyway, what I want to know is if there is romance between the Secretary and Noire, is it like the romance of the Producer with the girls on Producing Perfection? the only information I found is that there is only hints between them in the minigame SimNoire, but does it have romance in the main story like PP, just hints or nothing?

I wans't able to find more information so I woulb be grateful if someone could tell me something more solid.


I'm currently on chapter nine, but yes there are hints of romantic feelings between Noire and the Secretary however I see their relationship as platonic to the point of close friends, as the IFI's translation makes it seems like it. Especially in Chapter 8 where Noire says to *SpoilerSpoiler* that the only person that can push him around is her.

In my opinion I just don't like human romantic relationships (Excluding Makers seeing how in Gamarket they age the same as the CPUs apparently) with the CPUs unless its with other CPUs or Makers. (For example, Plutia x Blanc (Both CPUs) or IF x Vert ( A Maker and a CPU) )
Image
Games I'm currently playing: Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force [PS4], Megadimension Neptunia VII [PS4], Pokemon Moon [3DS]
Backlog: Superdimension Neptune [PSV], Tales of Xillia [PS3], and many more...
Source

Thiaguinho-sama
Vassal
Vassal
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:40 am

Re: Little question about Hyperdevotion Noire

Postby Thiaguinho-sama » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:55 pm

I see, I was curious if it was the same crap romance from Producing Perfection, but nowhere I found good information, so it's basically like the main games and remakes? lots of subtext between the girls (in this case Noire x Secretary) that could easily be seen as romantic, they could easily have some attraction for each other but nothing really happens and they're just really close friends?

Not that I won't play Producing Perfection and Hyperdevotion Noire, even if it have bullshit self insert in them, I would not be able to resist this serie.

User avatar
Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 29268
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:49 pm
Location: Zawame City

Re: Little question about Hyperdevotion Noire

Postby Seventh » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:17 pm

Thiaguinho-sama wrote:I see, I was curious if it was the same crap romance from Producing Perfection, but nowhere I found good information, so it's basically like the main games and remakes? lots of subtext between the girls (in this case Noire x Secretary) that could easily be seen as romantic, they could easily have some attraction for each other but nothing really happens and they're just really close friends?

I wouldn't say it's subtext like that, they pretty openly push for it in this one.
Image

Thiaguinho-sama
Vassal
Vassal
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:40 am

Re: Little question about Hyperdevotion Noire

Postby Thiaguinho-sama » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:34 pm

Seventh wrote:I wouldn't say it's subtext like that, they pretty openly push for it in this one.


Hum, I was kind of expecting that answer since it is a self insert, but does it stay in heavy subtext for Noire x Secretary or in the ending they become a couple like they did with the Producer in PP?

User avatar
Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 29268
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:49 pm
Location: Zawame City

Re: Little question about Hyperdevotion Noire

Postby Seventh » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:43 pm

I haven't beaten it yet so I can't say for sure, but it is my understanding that things happen to some extent between the two.
Image

User avatar
kosmos
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron
Posts: 707
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:31 am

Re: Little question about Hyperdevotion Noire

Postby kosmos » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:47 pm

I feel that people come into this game expecting to find themselves waking up next to Noire in the morning. :lol:

I havent finished it but to me there are some lines so corny and mushy that they hurt me physically when I experienced them though that might just be my opinion. :lol:

Spoiler:
They hold hands in a scene(not sure if final one) but I dont know what they say...
Image
Spoiler:
Image
Image

User avatar
Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 29268
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:49 pm
Location: Zawame City

Re: Little question about Hyperdevotion Noire

Postby Seventh » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:03 pm

kosmos wrote:I havent finished it but to me there are some lines so corny and mushy that they hurt me physically when I experienced them though that might just be my opinion. :lol:
In the game's defense (and those sure are words I never thought I would utter about this one :?), this is probably one of the series' worst localizations to date, though it's... weirdly selective about just who got fucked over by it most, but some of the really corny lines that I've noticed are all on IFI. Like when
Spoiler:
Noire is all LET'S BE ULTIMATE FRIENDS FOREVER BIFFLES after the part with Estelle and Ein Al, that whole conversation in Japanese wasn't even about them being better friends like that. :(
Image

Thiaguinho-sama
Vassal
Vassal
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:40 am

Re: Little question about Hyperdevotion Noire

Postby Thiaguinho-sama » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:05 pm

If possible I would like your opinions when you finish it, only recently I was able to buy Mk2 and Victory, in my country this game is rare and I couldn't buy it on ebay because of the value of the dollar, so because of that I didn't even buy a Vita yet since Neptunia is one of the few games I want to play on it, so I will probably take some time to play these spin offs, possible not play them this year...
So the more spoilers any off you can give me about what happen between Noire x Secretary the better.

Thiaguinho-sama
Vassal
Vassal
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:40 am

Re: Little question about Hyperdevotion Noire

Postby Thiaguinho-sama » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:08 pm

Seventh wrote:
kosmos wrote:I havent finished it but to me there are some lines so corny and mushy that they hurt me physically when I experienced them though that might just be my opinion. :lol:
In the game's defense (and those sure are words I never thought I would utter about this one :?), this is probably one of the series' worst localizations to date, though it's... weirdly selective about just who got fucked over by it most, but some of the really corny lines that I've noticed are all on IFI. Like when
Spoiler:
Noire is all LET'S BE ULTIMATE FRIENDS FOREVER BIFFLES after the part with Estelle and Ein Al, that whole conversation in Japanese wasn't even about them being better friends like that. :(


Damn, you made me think of some other games relesead by NIS America that had bad localizations, like Phantom Brave...

User avatar
LoweeIsLove
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility
Posts: 462
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:31 pm
Location: Lowee & Leanbox

Re: Little question about Hyperdevotion Noire

Postby LoweeIsLove » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:13 am

Thiaguinho-sama wrote:
Seventh wrote:
kosmos wrote:I havent finished it but to me there are some lines so corny and mushy that they hurt me physically when I experienced them though that might just be my opinion. :lol:
In the game's defense (and those sure are words I never thought I would utter about this one :?), this is probably one of the series' worst localizations to date, though it's... weirdly selective about just who got fucked over by it most, but some of the really corny lines that I've noticed are all on IFI. Like when
Spoiler:
Noire is all LET'S BE ULTIMATE FRIENDS FOREVER BIFFLES after the part with Estelle and Ein Al, that whole conversation in Japanese wasn't even about them being better friends like that. :(


Damn, you made me think of some other games relesead by NIS America that had bad localizations, like Phantom Brave...


True, like this makes it seem like Noire is desperate to have friends. Also I believe the Sim Noire ending is optional(?) that can appear in both endings after the credits.
Image
Games I'm currently playing: Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force [PS4], Megadimension Neptunia VII [PS4], Pokemon Moon [3DS]
Backlog: Superdimension Neptune [PSV], Tales of Xillia [PS3], and many more...
Source

Thiaguinho-sama
Vassal
Vassal
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:40 am

Re: Little question about Hyperdevotion Noire

Postby Thiaguinho-sama » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:10 am

LoweeIsLove wrote:
Thiaguinho-sama wrote:
Seventh wrote:
kosmos wrote:I havent finished it but to me there are some lines so corny and mushy that they hurt me physically when I experienced them though that might just be my opinion. :lol:
In the game's defense (and those sure are words I never thought I would utter about this one :?), this is probably one of the series' worst localizations to date, though it's... weirdly selective about just who got fucked over by it most, but some of the really corny lines that I've noticed are all on IFI. Like when
Spoiler:
Noire is all LET'S BE ULTIMATE FRIENDS FOREVER BIFFLES after the part with Estelle and Ein Al, that whole conversation in Japanese wasn't even about them being better friends like that. :(


Damn, you made me think of some other games relesead by NIS America that had bad localizations, like Phantom Brave...


True, like this makes it seem like Noire is desperate to have friends. Also I believe the Sim Noire ending is optional(?) that can appear in both endings after the credits.


I remember that in the first game they also comment something about Noire being lonely and wanting friends, but they never explore that and in later games she is friend with the rest, about SimNoire ending, what I found is that if you complete it there is a extra scene in the credits but if you don't want you don't even need to play it.
Spoiler:
where Noire and the Secretary promise to always be together in their own way, but the scene is pretty ambiguous, so you can interpret as being romantic or non romantic.

For the normal ending you just need to finish the game and for the true ending you need 70% Lilly with everyone, extra scene appears for both endings if you complete SimNoire but I wonder if it make any importance as it's only a minigame, in NG+ SimNoire will always be complete so you always see that scene when you finish the game again.

I already expected to have a little more romantic subtext with the Secretary them with the girls, but from what I read the only part that can really be taken as romantic is that extra ending, that is one of the reasons I want to know more about them in the main game, from what I read in the normal and true ending there is no subtext and he only act as her secretary, so I don't think you need to take the subtext in the main game seriously as like with the girls nothing happens in the end, but as I didn't play the game I can't say for sure if it's like that, so I would be grateful to know your opinions about the ending and the extra scene.

User avatar
LoweeIsLove
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility
Posts: 462
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:31 pm
Location: Lowee & Leanbox

Re: Little question about Hyperdevotion Noire

Postby LoweeIsLove » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:15 pm

Thiaguinho-sama wrote:
I remember that in the first game they also comment something about Noire being lonely and wanting friends, but they never explore that and in later games she is friend with the rest, about SimNoire ending, what I found is that if you complete it there is a extra scene in the credits but if you don't want you don't even need to play it.
Spoiler:
where Noire and the Secretary promise to always be together in their own way, but the scene is pretty ambiguous, so you can interpret as being romantic or non romantic.

For the normal ending you just need to finish the game and for the true ending you need 70% Lilly with everyone, extra scene appears for both endings if you complete SimNoire but I wonder if it make any importance as it's only a minigame, in NG+ SimNoire will always be complete so you always see that scene when you finish the game again.

I already expected to have a little more romantic subtext with the Secretary them with the girls, but from what I read the only part that can really be taken as romantic is that extra ending, that is one of the reasons I want to know more about them in the main game, from what I read in the normal and true ending there is no subtext and he only act as her secretary, so I don't think you need to take the subtext in the main game seriously as like with the girls nothing happens in the end, but as I didn't play the game I can't say for sure if it's like that, so I would be grateful to know your opinions about the ending and the extra scene.


Since Sim Noire is optional then perhaps that would make it an optional end or perhaps the Sim Noire bit in the end non-canon in that dimension? Because I seriously can't see them pursuit a relationship, I ship SI with Saori for irony and merely just that.
Image
Games I'm currently playing: Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force [PS4], Megadimension Neptunia VII [PS4], Pokemon Moon [3DS]
Backlog: Superdimension Neptune [PSV], Tales of Xillia [PS3], and many more...
Source

Thiaguinho-sama
Vassal
Vassal
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:40 am

Re: Little question about Hyperdevotion Noire

Postby Thiaguinho-sama » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:24 am

Since Sim Noire is optional then perhaps that would make it an optional end or perhaps the Sim Noire bit in the end non-canon in that dimension? Because I seriously can't see them pursuit a relationship, I ship SI with Saori for irony and merely just that.


I also can't see romance between the Secretary and the girls, not even Saori, althought it obviously it have more romantic subtext because it's a SI.

I don't think it should be taken completely romanticaly, not even the extra scene, if it was to be seen romanticaly it would probably have been like PP where you even have a bath with the girls, so I believe it's probably like the main games, the difference is that it's a male SI and a little more romantic subtext, put a female SI or Neptune/Nepgear and it would probably all be the same, Neptune as Noire secretary would be really amusing...

Aparently they also made some drama cds with SI, in a thread for PP has the name for two of them, If A Goddess Was Your Wife and Your Goddess Sleeping With You, I wonder how much the japanese fans liked them and PP, somehow I don't think they liked it much, because if they liked, Hyperdevotion Noire would be more like PP where it's aparently full romance, but it only stay in subtext, and the other spin offs being made don't seen to have any kind of SI, not even the one made by the creators of PP, so I think there will be no more SI.

You said you was on chapter nine, how many chapters left? and you're playing Sim Noire?

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 4344
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:11 am

Re: Little question about Hyperdevotion Noire

Postby shadowmaksim » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:39 am

Thiaguinho-sama wrote:I don't think it should be taken completely romanticaly, not even the extra scene, if it was to be seen romanticaly it would probably have been like PP where you even have a bath with the girls,...


Actually, it doesn't exactly happen that way in "PP".

The Producer walks in on them by accident and, by your choice, either immediately leaves or stays and gets beaten up.

It was never done romantically there.


Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Series”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests