Little question about Hyperdevotion Noire

Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!
Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Little question about Hyperdevotion Noire

Postby Seventh » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:40 am

@Thiaguinho
I dunno if I would say that. It's pretty clearly pushed from early on - it does lessen after a couple of chapters, dunno if it comes back later, but they were definitely gunning for it beyond the usual subtext that's there between the girls. And there's Sim Noire too.

Thiaguinho-sama
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Thiaguinho-sama » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:20 am

shadowmaksim wrote:
Thiaguinho-sama wrote:I don't think it should be taken completely romanticaly, not even the extra scene, if it was to be seen romanticaly it would probably have been like PP where you even have a bath with the girls,...

Actually, it doesn't exactly happen that way in "PP".

The Producer walks in on them by accident and, by your choice, either immediately leaves or stays and gets beaten up.

It was never done romantically there.

Really? all the places I read talk about it being a romantic scene, damn the internet lied to me!

Seventh wrote:@Thiaguinho
I dunno if I would say that. It's pretty clearly pushed from early on - it does lessen after a couple of chapters, dunno if it comes back later, but they were definitely gunning for it beyond the usual subtext that's there between the girls. And there's Sim Noire too.

But is it mainly with Noire or with all the girls? at least from what I read in the endings only the extra scene from Sim Noire have subtext, and it's optional, which chapter are you two?

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:23 am

I'm about halfway through the game and it was being laid on pretty thick in the first quarter. I mean, you can argue it's subtext, but whereas conversations about the subtext between the girls usually go "it's subtext or it's not there," conversations about this are probably more going to be like "it's there or it's subtext," I think.

Thiaguinho-sama
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Thiaguinho-sama » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:31 am

Seventh wrote:I'm about halfway through the game and it was being laid on pretty thick in the first quarter. I mean, you can argue it's subtext, but whereas conversations about the subtext between the girls usually go "it's subtext or it's not there," conversations about this are probably more going to be like "it's there or it's subtext," I think.

I see, well it's expected for being a SI, I wonder if the ending really with no subtext like I read, didi you play PP? does it have more subtext or it's more romance them subtext like I read?

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:35 am

I actually skipped PP. I would have considered giving it a second chance after some of the things I've seen about this, while others would make we want to never go near it, but with its localization being a factor that pretty much rules it out indefinitely. Or at least until it's like under ten bucks.

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:38 am

Thiaguinho-sama wrote:
shadowmaksim wrote:
Thiaguinho-sama wrote:I don't think it should be taken completely romanticaly, not even the extra scene, if it was to be seen romanticaly it would probably have been like PP where you even have a bath with the girls,...

Actually, it doesn't exactly happen that way in "PP".

The Producer walks in on them by accident and, by your choice, either immediately leaves or stays and gets beaten up.

It was never done romantically there.

Really? all the places I read talk about it being a romantic scene, damn the internet lied to me!

Here's an example for Neptune where you leave immediately (apologies about the video quality) and where you stay. It more or less follow the same suit with Noire, Blanc and Vert... though just not as jokey.

But yeah, people can interpret these kind of things quite differently from one another. Even in "Hyperdivotion", I haven't felt the like the subtext of romance was particularly strong, I'm in the last chapter, but there are others who think it is very much apparent. Interpretations are all over the place.

Thiaguinho-sama
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Thiaguinho-sama » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:21 pm

Seventh wrote:I actually skipped PP. I would have considered giving it a second chance after some of the things I've seen about this, while others would make we want to never go near it, but with its localization being a factor that pretty much rules it out indefinitely. Or at least until it's like under ten bucks.

I also thought a lot if I should skip it or not, but in the end I will not be able to resist and will play it anyway, is the localization bad like Hyperdevotion Noire?

shadowmaksim wrote:Here's an example for Neptune where you leave immediately (apologies about the video quality) and where you stay. It more or less follow the same suit with Noire, Blanc and Vert... though just not as jokey.

But yeah, people can interpret these kind of things quite differently from one another. Even in "Hyperdivotion", I haven't felt the like the subtext of romance was particularly strong, I'm in the last chapter, but there are others who think it is very much apparent. Interpretations are all over the place.

Did you finish PP? does anything happens in the ending or nothing like the rest of the games and just stay in subtext? and since you're on the last chapter could you give some info about the endings and extra scene when you finish? I don't mind spoilers.

It's quite possible that there is not as much subtext as people think, japanese loves to say things in ambiguous ways, so maybe the localization that make it seen to have more subtext them it should.

LoweeIsLove
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby LoweeIsLove » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:36 pm

Thiaguinho-sama wrote:
Since Sim Noire is optional then perhaps that would make it an optional end or perhaps the Sim Noire bit in the end non-canon in that dimension? Because I seriously can't see them pursuit a relationship, I ship SI with Saori for irony and merely just that.

I also can't see romance between the Secretary and the girls, not even Saori, althought it obviously it have more romantic subtext because it's a SI.

I don't think it should be taken completely romanticaly, not even the extra scene, if it was to be seen romanticaly it would probably have been like PP where you even have a bath with the girls, so I believe it's probably like the main games, the difference is that it's a male SI and a little more romantic subtext, put a female SI or Neptune/Nepgear and it would probably all be the same, Neptune as Noire secretary would be really amusing...

Aparently they also made some drama cds with SI, in a thread for PP has the name for two of them, If A Goddess Was Your Wife and Your Goddess Sleeping With You, I wonder how much the japanese fans liked them and PP, somehow I don't think they liked it much, because if they liked, Hyperdevotion Noire would be more like PP where it's aparently full romance, but it only stay in subtext, and the other spin offs being made don't seen to have any kind of SI, not even the one made by the creators of PP, so I think there will be no more SI.

You said you was on chapter nine, how many chapters left? and you're playing Sim Noire?

Chapter nine seems to be the final chapter, and yes I attempted it because I like to go for platinum trophies.
Games I'm currently playing: Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force [PS4], Megadimension Neptunia VII [PS4], Pokemon Moon [3DS]
Backlog: Superdimension Neptune [PSV], Tales of Xillia [PS3], and many more...
Source

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:58 pm

Thiaguinho-sama wrote:Did you finish PP? does anything happens in the ending or nothing like the rest of the games and just stay in subtext?

Yes, I did.

The normal endings have some subtext. What happens could be out of love or just out of friendship. It can go either way really but there isn't anything that concrete. The true endings on the other hand are a bit more concrete.

Normal Endings:
Spoiler:
The producer needs to leave due to some dimensional problems but needs the help of all the CPUs to sent them back. In the normal ending, the CPU of the route you're in refuses to help since they want the producer to not leave them. This causes the attempt to send the producer back to their dimension to ultimately fail since all four CPUs are needed. The producer just kind of remains and spends more time with the CPU of the route.

True Endings:
Spoiler:
The CPU of the route decides to actually help and the producer is returned to their dimension. The specifics are different from character to character.
Neptune: Upon the producer's return to their dimension, Neptune suddenly pops out and it's revealed she transported with the producer to be with them.
Blanc: the producer finds a letter from Blanc in a harm they received before leaving saying how she liked them and look forward to the day they get to meet again.
Vert: the producer starts playing an MMO and meets Vert again online.
Noire:the producer gets kissed by Noire and, when returned to their dimension, picks up the very game you're playing and choices Noire's route.

and since you're on the last chapter could you give some info about the endings and extra scene when you finish? I don't mind spoilers.

Not happening for a while unfortunately. I lent my PSVita to a friend and I'm not getting it back for a while. Even then, I'm holding off on actually finishing the story until I get all the other trophies (Lilly ranks, levels, etc).

Thiaguinho-sama
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Thiaguinho-sama » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:06 am

shadowmaksim wrote:
Thiaguinho-sama wrote:Did you finish PP? does anything happens in the ending or nothing like the rest of the games and just stay in subtext?

Yes, I did.

The normal endings have some subtext. What happens could be out of love or just out of friendship. It can go either way really but there isn't anything that concrete. The true endings on the other hand are a bit more concrete.

Normal Endings:
Spoiler:
The producer needs to leave due to some dimensional problems but needs the help of all the CPUs to sent them back. In the normal ending, the CPU of the route you're in refuses to help since they want the producer to not leave them. This causes the attempt to send the producer back to their dimension to ultimately fail since all four CPUs are needed. The producer just kind of remains and spends more time with the CPU of the route.

True Endings:
Spoiler:
The CPU of the route decides to actually help and the producer is returned to their dimension. The specifics are different from character to character.
Neptune: Upon the producer's return to their dimension, Neptune suddenly pops out and it's revealed she transported with the producer to be with them.
Blanc: the producer finds a letter from Blanc in a harm they received before leaving saying how she liked them and look forward to the day they get to meet again.
Vert: the producer starts playing an MMO and meets Vert again online.
Noire:the producer gets kissed by Noire and, when returned to their dimension, picks up the very game you're playing and choices Noire's route.

Thanks for the spoilers, even if I don't like much what happens in PP I will play it anyway, I just want to know what I'm getting myself into.

and since you're on the last chapter could you give some info about the endings and extra scene when you finish? I don't mind spoilers.

Not happening for a while unfortunately. I lent my PSVita to a friend and I'm not getting it back for a while. Even then, I'm holding off on actually finishing the story until I get all the other trophies (Lilly ranks, levels, etc).

It's alright, I don't really mind the wait, and I will not play it soon anyway, I like to get as many opinions as possible, when I read few opinions they tend to be wrong or biased, like with the bath scene, so when you're able to finish it, if possible I also want your opinion about the endings and the extra scene.

Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Series”