Is Nisa dead in this series?

Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!
Chouchers
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Is Nisa dead in this series?

Postby Chouchers » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:58 pm

She last show up in MK2 and has not been in any games after that. I want to know what fate of character this is going to be same for Gust. Red was at first only in game then finally show up in re;birth 2.

LoweeIsLove
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Re: Is Nisa dead in this series?

Postby LoweeIsLove » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:07 pm

Chouchers wrote:She last show up in MK2 and has not been in any games after that. I want to know what fate of character this is going to be same for Gust. Red was at first only in game then finally show up in re;birth 2.

Seeing how we have IFI to do the Neptunia games and Compile Heart and NIS America having a falling out, it would be safe to assume so.
I don't know about Gust, but I hope she comes back some day.
Games I'm currently playing: Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force [PS4], Megadimension Neptunia VII [PS4], Pokemon Moon [3DS]
Backlog: Superdimension Neptune [PSV], Tales of Xillia [PS3], and many more...
Source

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:17 pm

If I remember correctly, it was a falling out between Idea Factory and NIS. A bunch of employees left NIS and started working for Idea Factory. None of the American branches were really involved. Just the main companies over in Japan.

Gust on the other hand...I think the story behind her absence was that Tecmo Koei bought out Gust, the company, and then said that they didn't want to be associated with the "Neptunia" series or something like that.

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:55 pm

For Gust, they weren't that brutal. They simply ruled out any kind of future collaboration.

ivanchu77
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby ivanchu77 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:51 am

At least she keeps getting appareances in NIS titles, recently she got confirmed as a DLC character in disgaea 5 so by now she can be considered a mainstay in that franchise, 3 games in a row so far...and she even appears in non-disgaea titles like god paradox.... but is kinda sad to see the current situation we have there, considering NIS and IF were on very friendly terms not long ago.

The one that seems to be definetly dead is Gust, but i dunno... Koei seems to let their characters appear in tons of other franchises as crossover characters (senran kagura, dynasty warriors....) and Neptunia is much more popular than back then nowadays so i won´t rule out a future appareance of Gust just yet.

And besides, if RED of all people managed to make a comeback then everyone can

Ultimate_Nova_X
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Ultimate_Nova_X » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:40 pm

What was the fiasco involved with N1 and IF? There has to be a reason.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:08 pm

Ultimate_Nova_X wrote:What was the fiasco involved with N1 and IF? There has to be a reason.

I think it's that Disgaea 4's director quit N1 and works at CH now.

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:36 pm

Ultimate_Nova_X wrote:What was the fiasco involved with N1 and IF? There has to be a reason.

What is known: A large part of the old Disgaea team left NIS and created a new company (Preapp) that is currently working with CH on Makai Shin Trillion. The staff includes a former Disgaea director.
NIS and CH seem to be on bad terms.

What has happened, based on 2ch rumors that started way before the announcement of Trillion (around six months before): NIS has been mismanaging their employees for a long time, creating sub-divisions of the company and putting them in to pay them less, then re-integrating them in the main company but with a reduced job position (again, to pay them less). Lots of internal strife, projects canned because of it... That lead to a mass exodus towards a new company that is now working with CH. NIS didn't really like it, so the relationship between the two companies kind of broke, and that is the (supposed, as there are no confirmations) IFI took over so fast for Neptune's localizations and CH's games in general.

Ultimate_Nova_X
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Ultimate_Nova_X » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:07 am

xizro345 wrote:

What is known: A large part of the old Disgaea team left NIS and created a new company (Preapp) that is currently working with CH on Makai Shin Trillion. The staff includes a former Disgaea director.

What has happened, based on 2ch rumors that started way before the announcement of Trillion (around six months before): NIS has been mismanaging their employees for a long time, creating sub-divisions of the company and putting them in to pay them less, then re-integrating them in the main company but with a reduced job position (again, to pay them less). Lots of internal strife, projects canned because of it... That lead to a mass exodus towards a new company that is now working with CH. NIS didn't really like it, so the relationship between the two companies kind of broke, and that is the (supposed, as there are no confirmations) IFI took over so fast for Neptune's localizations and CH's games in general.

Ouch.

But if the 2ch rumours were true, it would seem like a pretty tempting fate that N1 would do something like that. Putting their workers in a worse position is only going to come back and bite them.

The truth is probably way more complicated than that.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:40 am

Ultimate_Nova_X wrote:
xizro345 wrote:

Ouch.

But if the 2ch rumours were true, it would seem like a pretty tempting fate that N1 would do something like that. Putting their workers in a worse position is only going to come back and bite them.

The truth is probably way more complicated than that.

I wouldn't say it'd be too hard to believe in them restructuring after how badly they've been doing left and right outside the mainline Disgaea games.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Series”