uh oh! game preview!

Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!

uh oh! game preview!

Postby perrandy » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:13 am

perrandy
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
 
Posts: 2659
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:11 pm

Re: uh oh! game preview!

Postby lordryo » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:21 am

He didn't really say much, though now that I think about it; there was a lot text in the game. The event scenes were pretty long but it didn't bother me, in fact I liked it.
Image
Image
Image
Image
"For all of your Neptunia needs, there's an Aph for that"
Harvestasha!
User avatar
lordryo
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
 
Posts: 10419
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:34 am
Location: With Kokonoe ♥

Re: uh oh! game preview!

Postby Lyner Barfless » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:21 pm

I dunno why they didn't wait for an english build. If they waited three months, what's one more? Still a decent little look into the original Japanese script and whatnot, I suppose.
日本だけため Vert: "Oh, my... To think that someone posted a falsehood on an Internet message board!" 日本だけため
Image
User avatar
Lyner Barfless
Demon Lord
Demon Lord
 
Posts: 761
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:06 pm
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: uh oh! game preview!

Postby Aryoch » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:19 pm

Maybe they want to be ahead of other preview/review sites and have something "exclusive" and new info for Neptunia...
Image
User avatar
Aryoch
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
 
Posts: 2701
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:03 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: uh oh! game preview!

Postby frostvoid » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:16 pm

He's basically saying it is a decent game but it won't get a mass audience like FFXIII or Demon's Souls because in it's core, it's simply not for everyone. The way the author described the game is the same way GameInformer would describe a game with a rating of 6/10. But whatever rating it gets, that Premium Edition is coming home to me! ;)
User avatar
frostvoid
Geo Master
Geo Master
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:34 am
Location: The Netherworld

Re: uh oh! game preview!

Postby leinaud » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:37 am

frostvoid wrote:But whatever rating it gets, that Premium Edition is coming home to me! ;)


heck yeah, day one pre-order LE :lol:
Image

Awaking in 2014...
Image
User avatar
leinaud
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
 
Posts: 2297
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:18 am
Location: Aviano, Italy

Re: uh oh! game preview!

Postby vampko » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:21 am

I'm thinking that person needs an HDTV, HD games were meant to be played on HDTVs, NOT standard TVs...That'd be like reviewing Avatar after watching it on a standard 15 inch. It's not fair to the product at all.
Image
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
User avatar
vampko
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
 
Posts: 40350
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:31 am
Location: ⑨...

Re: uh oh! game preview!

Postby Alicia-tan » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:48 am

Agreed with vampko.Seriously,without HDTV games like this lose half their brilliance.Happened to me when I first saw some videos from TriUni,didn't seem so awesome in terms of graphics.Then I got it on my 32" Sony,and suddenly it was a whole new world ^_^
User avatar
Alicia-tan
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:10 am

Re: uh oh! game preview!

Postby shinhawk » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:05 pm

The opposite is also true, haha. I tried playing NIS PS2 games on an HDTV and it looked so gross. When I finally got control over the CRT tv in my apartment, I put the PS2 back on that and it looks so much better. haha
Image
A proud mark for Black Heart and Purple Heart.
User avatar
shinhawk
Majin
Majin
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:13 pm

Re: uh oh! game preview!

Postby vampko » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:49 pm

shinhawk wrote:The opposite is also true, haha. I tried playing NIS PS2 games on an HDTV and it looked so gross. When I finally got control over the CRT tv in my apartment, I put the PS2 back on that and it looks so much better. haha

Did you use component cables? And set the settings on your PS2 appropriately?
Image
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
User avatar
vampko
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
 
Posts: 40350
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:31 am
Location: ⑨...

Re: uh oh! game preview!

Postby shinhawk » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:48 pm

vampko wrote:
shinhawk wrote:The opposite is also true, haha. I tried playing NIS PS2 games on an HDTV and it looked so gross. When I finally got control over the CRT tv in my apartment, I put the PS2 back on that and it looks so much better. haha

Did you use component cables? And set the settings on your PS2 appropriately?

Yup and it still looked bad. Even the Wii with component cables looked bad. When I used the component cables on my flat crt tv everything looked much better. ^^;
Image
A proud mark for Black Heart and Purple Heart.
User avatar
shinhawk
Majin
Majin
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:13 pm

Re: uh oh! game preview!

Postby vampko » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:23 pm

shinhawk wrote:
vampko wrote:
shinhawk wrote:The opposite is also true, haha. I tried playing NIS PS2 games on an HDTV and it looked so gross. When I finally got control over the CRT tv in my apartment, I put the PS2 back on that and it looks so much better. haha

Did you use component cables? And set the settings on your PS2 appropriately?

Yup and it still looked bad. Even the Wii with component cables looked bad. When I used the component cables on my flat crt tv everything looked much better. ^^;

Yeah, sometimes nothing will work. PS2 games weren't meant for HDTVs.
Image
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
User avatar
vampko
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
 
Posts: 40350
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:31 am
Location: ⑨...

Re: uh oh! game preview!

Postby frostvoid » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:51 am

That's why I love the idea of PS2 HD collections for PS3 since we can enjoy them in true HD while earning more trophies. I don't play PS3 games for trophies but it's a great reason for me to replay PS3 games I've already finished. IMO
User avatar
frostvoid
Geo Master
Geo Master
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:34 am
Location: The Netherworld

Re: uh oh! game preview!

Postby lordryo » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:17 am

I play PS2 games via HDMI cables and they look fine to me.
Image
Image
Image
Image
"For all of your Neptunia needs, there's an Aph for that"
Harvestasha!
User avatar
lordryo
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
 
Posts: 10419
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:34 am
Location: With Kokonoe ♥

Re: uh oh! game preview!

Postby leinaud » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:12 am

lordryo wrote:I play PS2 games via HDMI cables and they look fine to me.


agreed, but I am also playing them on my PS3 so I don't know if that helps or not. (I just sit far enough away, it looks pretty good no matter what, lol)
Image

Awaking in 2014...
Image
User avatar
leinaud
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
 
Posts: 2297
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:18 am
Location: Aviano, Italy

Next

Return to Hyperdimension Neptunia Series

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ayakashi, einar, KoopaTroopinski, My1xT, xizro345 and 4 guests