Will English version have big readable font for all text?

Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!

Re: Will English version have big readable font for all text?

Postby LAMV » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:18 am

Shizuka wrote:The screen will be cut if you output 16:9 sign on a 4:3 SDTV.

No, I always have it on the default 4:3 setting, I just temporarily changed it to 16:9 to see how it looks.

Anywho. We have an HDTV in the living room, it's widescreen and flatscreen and a fairly good size (37"). When it's finally not occupied I'm going to check out how the game looks and see what I'm missing out on. I'd insert a laughing emoticon but I don't really like to use them.
LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shymel94 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:29 am

LAMV wrote:

No, I always have it on the default 4:3 setting, I just temporarily changed it to 16:9 to see how it looks.
Any who. We have an HDTV in the living room, it's widescreen and flatscreen and a fairly good size (37"). When it's finally not occupied I'm going to check out how the game looks and see what I'm missing out on. I'd insert a laughing emoticon but I don't really like to use them.

Click on the Smilies to the right of the message or you can insert the code manually. :)
3DS FC: 2148-8629-2994
PSN ID: sheena1278
Wii U FC: shy_mel
shymel94
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:31 am

shymel94 wrote:
LAMV wrote:

Any who. We have an HDTV in the living room, it's widescreen and flatscreen and a fairly good size (37"). When it's finally not occupied I'm going to check out how the game looks and see what I'm missing out on. I'd insert a laughing emoticon but I don't really like to use them.

Click on the Smilies to the right of the message or you can insert the code manually. :)

No, I know *how* to use them, it's just... Well let's just say a certain imageboard spoiled me, hehe.
LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby lordryo » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:41 am

LAMV wrote:...hehe.

Oh look, he laughed.
"For all of your Neptunia needs, there's an Aph for that"
Harvestasha!
lordryo
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:30 pm

lordryo wrote:
LAMV wrote:...hehe.

Oh look, he laughed.

Is it that surprising? I hope I haven't come across as Mr. Angry since I've been here.
LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby leinaud » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:42 pm

LAMV wrote:Is it that surprising? I hope I haven't come across as Mr. Angry since I've been here.

it's not that, you just seemed more negative than positive in my opinion...

Awaking in 2014...
leinaud
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby lordryo » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:27 am

LAMV wrote:Is it that surprising? I hope I haven't come across as Mr. Angry since I've been here.

Surprising? No. It's just that you posted saying you don't like using the emoticons but then you type out "haha"
Thought it was funny is all.
Harvestasha!
lordryo
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:49 am

lordryo wrote:

Surprising? No. It's just that you posted saying you don't like using the emoticons but then you type out "haha"
Thought it was funny is all.

For some reason emoticons like ">_<" and "^_^" kind of... get to me now. I avoid typing them unless I'm being really sarcastic about something.

By the way, I tested out Atelier Rorona on the HDTV in the living room. Well, okay, so I still used the same component cables instead of the HDMI cables that came with the PS3 (I was too lazy to take the HDMI cables out of the wrappings, plus I'm familiar with hooking up the tri-colored component cables), so it's not REALLY in HD. Made the picture quality of the game kinda fnky (I guess normal component cables + HD TV is a bad idea?). But hey, the screen isn't cut off at the edges of the screen. So the cut off thing really is because it's a standard TV viewing a widescreen supported game.

Anywho. It's not a big deal. I'll still play it on my TV. The only way it may possibly annoy me is if it completely cuts off something from the edge of the screen; this almost happened with any leftmost enemy during an Atelier Rorona battle.

Anyway, back to the main topic. I really hope Neptune's text has big enough text that I don't have to squint. The teeny tiny font in Atelier Rorona's menu was ridiculous. The living room TV made it a little bigger and readable, but I wonder if it's because of the size of that TV (my TV is around 24", the living TV is widescreen and 37").
LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby lordryo » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:04 am

Hmm, it really might have to do with a standard TV viewing in widescreen. When I got my 360 I used the HDMI cable it came with on my PS3 and used component cables for the Xbox and it looked fine to me. :?:
Harvestasha!
lordryo
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Previous

Return to Hyperdimension Neptunia Series