Am I the only one who thought he trailer looked pretty awful

Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!
axlryder
Peon
Peon
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:25 pm

Am I the only one who thought he trailer looked pretty awful

Postby axlryder » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:30 pm

I wasn't expecting much out of this game, but it looks so dripping with cliche ridden dialogue and mediocrity that I don't think I'm going to buy it. It just seems to completely lack any of the charm that drew me to Gust and NIS in the first place. All that seems to have been replaced by annoying characters and blatant fan service. Oh well, what do you all think?

User avatar
vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 42005
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:31 am
Location: 暮し幸せ

Re: Am I the only one who thought he trailer looked pretty awful

Postby vampko » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:40 pm

You made an account just to complain about the trailer?
Hopefully you'll post in more places than just here...

Back on topic...
JK :lol:
Spoiler:
wonder if anyone will remember that thread xD


Anyways, I liked the trailer. And the game is really fun. If you don't get the humor, that's fine. I can't wait for this personally.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
Image
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Accel
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:57 pm

Re: Am I the only one who thought he trailer looked pretty awful

Postby Accel » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:28 pm

I personally liked the trailer :D. Hopefully more stuff will be announced soon too.
Image
Prinny Dood!
"Melons, oranges, cherries, they're all great in their own way. Why don't they realize that?" - Lazarus

axlryder
Peon
Peon
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: Am I the only one who thought he trailer looked pretty awful

Postby axlryder » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:37 pm

vampko wrote:You made an account just to complain about the trailer?
Hopefully you'll post in more places than just here...

Back on topic...
JK :lol:
Spoiler:
wonder if anyone will remember that thread xD


Anyways, I liked the trailer. And the game is really fun. If you don't get the humor, that's fine. I can't wait for this personally.


and doesn't that lend credence to exactly how disappointed I was?

seriously though, I had just registered for the forums and this happened to be my first post. Also, I "get" the humor just fine, but unless this game is designed to be played ironically I just don't really get why others would think it's funny (at least from what I saw in the trailer). I'm honestly a little worried that the reviews are going to reflect my opinions fairly well, since I want to see NIS succeed and all.

Wing_17
Peon
Peon
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:33 pm

Re: Am I the only one who thought he trailer looked pretty awful

Postby Wing_17 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:02 pm

axlryder wrote:I wasn't expecting much out of this game, but it looks so dripping with cliche ridden dialogue and mediocrity that I don't think I'm going to buy it. It just seems to completely lack any of the charm that drew me to Gust and NIS in the first place. All that seems to have been replaced by annoying characters and blatant fan service. Oh well, what do you all think?


If you complain about that , so you hate all NISA's Game. :lol:

User avatar
SilverCitizen
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis
Posts: 1547
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:46 pm
Location: Club 444

Re: Am I the only one who thought he trailer looked pretty awful

Postby SilverCitizen » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:18 pm

The trailer was all right. The voices...didn't wow me. Crossing my fingers they sound better in game.
Though White Heart's line was pretty awesome. :mrgreen:

User avatar
Alicia-tan
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:10 am

Re: Am I the only one who thought he trailer looked pretty awful

Postby Alicia-tan » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:04 am

As expected,the English voice-casting doesn't get me hyped up.Definitely gonna buy the game though,but I'll just switch to the Japanese voice over :/



Also,damn I want the Limited Edition artbook!March can't come soon enough...

User avatar
shymel94
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 6153
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:37 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Am I the only one who thought he trailer looked pretty awful

Postby shymel94 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:18 am

I believe this is the same as the first Japanese trailer. For the lack of charm, this is a Compile Heart game, NIS and Gust only have a character for their company in the game. CH's games usually are filled with fan service most of the time.
3DS FC: 2148-8629-2994
PSN ID: sheena1278
Wii U FC: shy_mel

User avatar
vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 42005
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:31 am
Location: 暮し幸せ

Re: Am I the only one who thought he trailer looked pretty awful

Postby vampko » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:35 am

axlryder wrote:
vampko wrote:You made an account just to complain about the trailer?
Hopefully you'll post in more places than just here...

Back on topic...
JK :lol:
Spoiler:
wonder if anyone will remember that thread xD


Anyways, I liked the trailer. And the game is really fun. If you don't get the humor, that's fine. I can't wait for this personally.


and doesn't that lend credence to exactly how disappointed I was?

seriously though, I had just registered for the forums and this happened to be my first post. Also, I "get" the humor just fine, but unless this game is designed to be played ironically I just don't really get why others would think it's funny (at least from what I saw in the trailer). I'm honestly a little worried that the reviews are going to reflect my opinions fairly well, since I want to see NIS succeed and all.

The trailer is misleading. This is a game about character interaction, the klinds of things they showed off, aren't nearly like you're thinking. Trust me, I own the Japanese game. There are some scenes like that, but they are VERY few and far between. This is more about the gameplay and listening to the convo's between the characters.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
Image
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Posts: 32064
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:41 pm

Re: Am I the only one who thought he trailer looked pretty awful

Postby Shizuka » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:40 am

The trailer is basicaly a copy of the JP trailer so, no complaints for me.

User avatar
lordryo
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 10454
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:34 am
Location: With Kokonoe ♥

Re: Am I the only one who thought he trailer looked pretty awful

Postby lordryo » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:26 am

What, there's a trailer?! What, my computer is messed up!? What, I have to use my phone...

So the trailer wasn't bad, kinda odd actually. It was playing up stuff like they were main features in the game but were stuff you wouldn't think about. As for the voices, NISA usually impresses me so I'm not worried, didn't hear much other than one line per character, but White Heart was spot on!

I don't see what problem the OP had with it, it didn't lead onto anything nor was it trying to be overly funny. Someone who knows nothing about the game would be totally lost after viewing the trailer.

The LE looks pretty neat, but why does it come in a box like the Japanese LE? Does the artbook fit inside as well? Either way that's the version I'll be getting. I still wonder what the premium is unless this is it.
Image
Image
Image
Image
"For all of your Neptunia needs, there's an Aph for that"
Harvestasha!

User avatar
affinity7799
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 5295
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:22 pm

Re: Am I the only one who thought he trailer looked pretty awful

Postby affinity7799 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:33 am

http://nisamerica.com/games/neptunia/

The voices are wonderful!!!!! So kawaiii! x3 Aaaah love the music! xD So amazing!

THE LIMITED EDITION! 0.0;;;;;; NYA! x3 I will buy that! Yayyyy!!!! xD

well done NISA ^-^

The English voice acting is flawless! The voice talent should be happy! They will fill lots of homes with fun moments and smiles! ^-^ Even though its a teaser, I can tell the English voiceovers are phenomenol!!!!!
This is truly wonderful!!!!!!!!!! ^.^

User avatar
vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 42005
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:31 am
Location: 暮し幸せ

Re: Am I the only one who thought he trailer looked pretty awful

Postby vampko » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:34 am

lordryo wrote:What, there's a trailer?! What, my computer is messed up!? What, I have to use my phone...

So the trailer wasn't bad, kinda odd actually. It was playing up stuff like they were main features in the game but were stuff you wouldn't think about. As for the voices, NISA usually impresses me so I'm not worried, didn't hear much other than one line per character, but White Heart was spot on!

I don't see what problem the OP had with it, it didn't lead onto anything nor was it trying to be overly funny. Someone who knows nothing about the game would be totally lost after viewing the trailer.

The LE looks pretty neat, but why does it come in a box like the Japanese LE? Does the artbook fit inside as well? Either way that's the version I'll be getting. I still wonder what the premium is unless this is it.

Yeah, people who haven't played the game will be pretty lost xD

And it's already been confirmed by NISA that that isn't the NISA LE, as in there's still something else that we'll get for getting it from the NISA store. It was either Ryan or Lyner that said this. I just can't remember which.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
Image
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
lordryo
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 10454
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:34 am
Location: With Kokonoe ♥

Re: Am I the only one who thought he trailer looked pretty awful

Postby lordryo » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:48 am

^Oh, cool then.

I also like how this game is getting a lot of attention here all of the sudden. People creating accounts just to discuss the game and people who didn't post in the earlier Neptune threads joining in. I hope this game and its sales go good for NISA.

You guys have my support!
Image
Image
Image
Image
"For all of your Neptunia needs, there's an Aph for that"
Harvestasha!

User avatar
Lyner Barfless
Demon Lord
Demon Lord
Posts: 761
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:06 pm
Location: Irvine, CA
Contact:

Re: Am I the only one who thought he trailer looked pretty awful

Postby Lyner Barfless » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:38 am

affinity7799 wrote:http://nisamerica.com/games/neptunia/

The voices are wonderful!!!!! So kawaiii! x3 Aaaah love the music! xD So amazing!

THE LIMITED EDITION! 0.0;;;;;; NYA! x3 I will buy that! Yayyyy!!!! xD

well done NISA ^-^

The English voice acting is flawless! The voice talent should be happy! They will fill lots of homes with fun moments and smiles! ^-^ Even though its a teaser, I can tell the English voiceovers are phenomenol!!!!!
This is truly wonderful!!!!!!!!!! ^.^


Thanks! I think for people who listen to english voices, they will be very happy. Those who like the japanese voices, there are a lot of big names, but there's also a lot of high-pitched annoyances. Wear earplugs.
日本だけため Vert: "Oh, my... To think that someone posted a falsehood on an Internet message board!" 日本だけため
Image


Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Series”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests