how do the dungeons work? healing?

Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!

how do the dungeons work? healing?

Postby affinity7799 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:29 pm

Oh ya I was wondering about that. I heard you can save anywhere or something, but what about healing? I know it's automatic, but what if like your party are in really low HP, and the next battle might result in getting wiped out? Is there no way to heal outside of battle or something? Are dungeons like a test of endurance, trying to reach the exit before you run out of HP?

guess then the proper way to level grind is to enter dungeon, wander around the entrance for random battles, then if HP gets too low, leave the dungeon, then reenter with HP fully restored?

Oh ya and how does K.O. work? If someone runs out of HP how do you bring them back?
User avatar
affinity7799
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
 
Posts: 4449
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:22 pm

Re: how do the dungeons work? healing?

Postby Lyner Barfless » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:43 pm

affinity7799 wrote:Oh ya I was wondering about that. I heard you can save anywhere or something, but what about healing? I know it's automatic, but what if like your party are in really low HP, and the next battle might result in getting wiped out? Is there no way to heal outside of battle or something? Are dungeons like a test of endurance, trying to reach the exit before you run out of HP?

guess then the proper way to level grind is to enter dungeon, wander around the entrance for random battles, then if HP gets too low, leave the dungeon, then reenter with HP fully restored?

Oh ya and how does K.O. work? If someone runs out of HP how do you bring them back?


Yep, save anywhere. Dungeons really are a test of endurance and rationing your item skill points wisely.

If you're really low on HP, crank the points into the skills that activate upon your character defending instead of after taking damage. No way to heal outside of battle besides exiting the dungeon.

When you're KO'ed, you revive with 1hp after the battle, then utilize the strategy I mentioned early and redistribute those item skill points.

People may complain about it, but I think it's neat and keeps you tweaking what you want to activate and what you don't need in each situation.

Hope that helps!
日本だけため Vert: "Oh, my... To think that someone posted a falsehood on an Internet message board!" 日本だけため
Image
User avatar
Lyner Barfless
Demon Lord
Demon Lord
 
Posts: 761
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:06 pm
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: how do the dungeons work? healing?

Postby Rednal » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:00 pm

That... actually sounds kind of interesting. I tend to prefer games that ask you to think a little about what you're going to do with your skills. I'm looking forward to trying this out.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29
Image
Spoiler:
Image
Image
User avatar
Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
 
Posts: 15655
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:09 am
Location: Cuddling with Coco

Re: how do the dungeons work? healing?

Postby vampko » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:10 pm

Rednal wrote:That... actually sounds kind of interesting. I tend to prefer games that ask you to think a little about what you're going to do with your skills. I'm looking forward to trying this out.

Yeah, at first it was really intimidating, but worked out really well in the end, and brought about a very unique experience.
Image
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
User avatar
vampko
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
 
Posts: 40656
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:31 am
Location: ⑨...

Re: how do the dungeons work? healing?

Postby MizuMikomi » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:57 pm

Lyner Barfless wrote:
affinity7799 wrote:Oh ya I was wondering about that. I heard you can save anywhere or something, but what about healing? I know it's automatic, but what if like your party are in really low HP, and the next battle might result in getting wiped out? Is there no way to heal outside of battle or something? Are dungeons like a test of endurance, trying to reach the exit before you run out of HP?

guess then the proper way to level grind is to enter dungeon, wander around the entrance for random battles, then if HP gets too low, leave the dungeon, then reenter with HP fully restored?

Oh ya and how does K.O. work? If someone runs out of HP how do you bring them back?


Yep, save anywhere. Dungeons really are a test of endurance and rationing your item skill points wisely.

If you're really low on HP, crank the points into the skills that activate upon your character defending instead of after taking damage. No way to heal outside of battle besides exiting the dungeon.

When you're KO'ed, you revive with 1hp after the battle, then utilize the strategy I mentioned early and redistribute those item skill points.

People may complain about it, but I think it's neat and keeps you tweaking what you want to activate and what you don't need in each situation.

Hope that helps!


Challenging, customizable, and fun... I like it!
Why do you try and make me want the game; more so that I do already, with each post? :lol:
Eyeshield wrote:Pore, he is MIZUMikomi. Mizu is water. Water is formless, constantly changing shape, adapting to the surroundings... To succeed in life, one must be formless, like water... :ugeek:
User avatar
MizuMikomi
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
 
Posts: 11736
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:39 pm
Location: Somewhere

Re: how do the dungeons work? healing?

Postby Lyner Barfless » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:49 pm

MizuMikomi wrote:Challenging, customizable, and fun... I like it!
Why do you try and make me want the game; more so that I do already, with each post? :lol:


Hehehe, well my degree is actually in marketing/business administration, so I might have some subconscious ability to really hammer those positive attributes home. Though my true love is writing creatively, so it all works out in the end =)

Or maybe, just maybe, I love all NISA's games so much I get as excited as all of you talking about them!
日本だけため Vert: "Oh, my... To think that someone posted a falsehood on an Internet message board!" 日本だけため
Image
User avatar
Lyner Barfless
Demon Lord
Demon Lord
 
Posts: 761
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:06 pm
Location: Irvine, CA


Re: how do the dungeons work? healing?

Postby leinaud » Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:33 am

Lyner Barfless wrote:Or maybe, just maybe, I love all NISA's games so much I get as excited as all of you talking about them!


Now that, I find hard to believe... :roll:
Image

Awaking in 2014...
Image
User avatar
leinaud
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
 
Posts: 2297
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:18 am
Location: Aviano, Italy

Re: how do the dungeons work? healing?

Postby affinity7799 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:30 am

leinaud wrote:
Lyner Barfless wrote:Or maybe, just maybe, I love all NISA's games so much I get as excited as all of you talking about them!


Now that, I find hard to believe... :roll:


it's totally possible! ^-^
User avatar
affinity7799
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
 
Posts: 4449
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:22 pm

Re: how do the dungeons work? healing?

Postby LAMV » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:59 am

I'm not all for that not being able to heal outside battle thing. But I guess I'll see how it works when the game comes out.
LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
 
Posts: 4791
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:28 am

Re: how do the dungeons work? healing?

Postby lordryo » Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:05 am

The games not difficult, I never had an issue with healing. Only once I actually died in battle and had to reconfigure my skills.
Image
Image
Image
Image
"For all of your Neptunia needs, there's an Aph for that"
Harvestasha!
User avatar
lordryo
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
 
Posts: 10419
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:34 am
Location: With Kokonoe ♥


Return to Hyperdimension Neptunia Series

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alantor2013, Bing [Bot], Florentine and 17 guests