DLC included in English version?

Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!

DLC included in English version?

Postby AmyF » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:49 am

Does anyone think that the DLC that has come out for this game in Japan (like new playable charachters, new outfits etc.) will be included on the disc in the English version? And if not do you think we'll be able to get it off the PSN?

Thank you for reading and replying! xxx
Last edited by AmyF on Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Get Idolm@ster 2 PS3 localized!
AmyF
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Re: DLC included in English version?

Postby Ar Tonelico » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:15 am

AmyF wrote:Does anyone think that the DLC that has come out for this game in Japan (like new playable charachters, new outfits etc.) will be included on the disc in the Englosh version? And if not do you think we'll be able to get it off the PSN?

Thank you for reading and replying! xxx

1st question - most likely not.
2nd question - I don't see why not so definite yes.
Ar Tonelico
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby vampko » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:35 am

Lyner already made it clear DLC will not be included in the disc. Though, from his musings, it can be inferred we are definitely getting NISA and GUST, and there is a high probability we will get Red and 5PB. Just that those last two will NOT be dubbed. Though, NISA and GUST might be.
My AniList (no need to reg to view) PSN Trophy account
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
vampko
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby affinity7799 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:09 am

wait! wait...wait wait wait....wait....

wait....

I'm confused! xD

1. Aren't NISA and GUST already in the main story? Why wouldn't they be dubbed? And they aren't playable party members unless you buy them as DLC? That's okay by me but just confirming if they count as DLC or something?

2. I know these two are DLC, but if 5pb and Red aren't dubbed, then even if we are playing in English mode, they will talk Japanese? (that would be amusing.)
affinity7799
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Alicia-tan » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:21 am

I hope we don't miss any DLC,like new costumes and stuff.I'll probably get each and every one of them,unless they provide stuff you can already find in the game.
Alicia-tan
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby lordryo » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:03 am

affinity7799 wrote:wait! wait...wait wait wait....wait....

wait....

I'm confused! xD

1. Aren't NISA and GUST already in the main story? Why wouldn't they be dubbed? And they aren't playable party members unless you buy them as DLC? That's okay by me but just confirming if they count as DLC or something?

2. I know these two are DLC, but if 5pb and Red aren't dubbed, then even if we are playing in English mode, they will talk Japanese? (that would be amusing.)

Gust and Nisa are in the game, voiced and all, but to use them in battle you need dlc. Will they be available on disc for Neptunia? Probably not, it's a chance for NISA (the company) to make money. If I could foresee the future I'd probably say they'll be available as pre-order bonuses.

As for Red and 5pb...well we don't know for sure how they'll be handled in Neptunia.
"For all of your Neptunia needs, there's an Aph for that"
Harvestasha!
lordryo
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby affinity7799 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:19 am

lordryo wrote:
affinity7799 wrote:wait! wait...wait wait wait....wait....

wait....

I'm confused! xD

Gust and Nisa are in the game, voiced and all, but to use them in battle you need dlc. Will they be available on disc for Neptunia? Probably not, it's a chance for NISA (the company) to make money. If I could foresee the future I'd probably say they'll be available as pre-order bonuses.

As for Red and 5pb...well we don't know for sure how they'll be handled in Neptunia.

Well Red and 5pb are likely 100% DLC only. I'm sure NISA and GUST playables are DLC only too.
As for dubbing Red and 5pb, not sure about that, but ya, I'm sure all 4 will be DLC available over here! ^.^
More playables first are more valuable than costumes! With those DLC, we would have about 9 party members to choose from! ^.^
affinity7799
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:33 am

Well, maybe they will patch in a dub for 5PB and Red later on? I'm about 98% sure they won't be dubbed on release. Since Lyner said something about there being certain characters/DLC they didn't know about when they were doing the voicework, so don't be disappointed. If we give enough of a demand, and buy enough copies, then they might be able to patch it in later, though I really doubt that one.
vampko
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby affinity7799 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:53 am

oh ok! Well I don't think the DLC is up the same month as the game release, so I think they could bring back the English voice cast for more recordings if they wanted while preparing the 5pb and Red DLC! We'll see but even if they are Japanese only voices, what counts is that they are available in this region too!

Besides, I'm sure at least their dialogue text will be translated! ^-^
affinity7799
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby lordryo » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:30 am

They were able to call back the actors for D3, so why couldn't they for Neptunia?
"For all of your Neptunia needs, there's an Aph for that"
Harvestasha!
lordryo
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby affinity7799 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:32 am

oh yes we must help sales to convince also! Ahhh, if I made more money I would buy more copies! xD
I will at least pre-order it in multiple stores, that could help the demand a little.
affinity7799
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:39 am

lordryo wrote:They were able to call back the actors for D3, so why couldn't they for Neptunia?

I hope so. But it will most likely be something they do after the game's been out for a while.
vampko
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby affinity7799 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:44 am

vampko wrote:
lordryo wrote:They were able to call back the actors for D3, so why couldn't they for Neptunia?

I hope so. But it will most likely be something they do after the game's been out for a while.

Maybe that explains why that DLC might not be ready until May or June?
affinity7799
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Return to Hyperdimension Neptunia Series