Your opinion on Witchs Tale

Official A Witch's Tale Discussion Forum
maximum7412
New Vassal
New Vassal

Your opinion on Witchs Tale

Postby maximum7412 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:14 pm

ive only played a little of this game but from that i give this game an 8 but what do you guy say about it

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Your opinion on Witchs Tale

Postby vampko » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:55 pm

7. The game is pretty fun, but it can get frustrating with how long the battles are. I have no problem with the stylus system. They just needed to lower the HP of the enemies to make it so battles didn't take forever. They're not usually too hard, but they just take waaay too long...
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:18 pm

I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

duchessroyalty
Peon
Peon

Postby duchessroyalty » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:56 pm

I loved witch's tale!!!!! when i mean love i mean it!! i want to know if NIS America is going to make a second one!! that would be awesome if they were :D

Alura--x--Uneii
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Alura--x--Uneii » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:58 pm

I liked it but the stylus annoyed me......

kuroineko
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby kuroineko » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:47 pm

This was the worst RPG I've ever 100% completed and seen the true ending thereof.

Well, I cheated during NG+ with an AR code of my own design to reduce the random encounter rate by about a factor of 7 (which was nowhere near enough, but any more and the game would freeze every time I took a step). The whole process would have been much, much better if it kicked you back to before the final area and allowed you to go check out the Path of Resurrection to unlock the true ending without the meticulous slog through the entire game once over.

The combat is slow, terrible, and really easy. Except when fighting cards, which is slow, terrible, and really really annoying (still easy once it decides not to run away before you can act). Your array of magic spells really doesn't make a difference since you can Expa Rune right from the start and already hit the low, low damage cap of 9999 for most fights and bosses. The only time I ever used a different spell was to see the lovely art, or to fight one of the few physically immune enemies (the elemental spell you chose still did not matter since they all did thousands of damage). Sometimes, especially in NG+, I would stick to only regular attacks since magic takes way too long to cast and the enemies drop just as fast to magic as they did right when you started the game the first time. Running wasn't worth it as a time saver because when you fail (is there even a level check?) the enemy's turn goes by soooooo slowly.

The characters are charming, the art style is really nice, and I love the theme. The story is really basic, fairly silly, but it's enough to tie it all together. The true ending was almost worth the time I spent on this title. Almost. If this were made by anyone other than Hitmaker, it probably would have been an amazing game. Oh well.

And now nobody will ever read this.

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:42 am

I read it!
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

kuroineko
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby kuroineko » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:19 pm

Daverost wrote:I read it!
Image kuroineko likes this.

Alura--x--Uneii
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Alura--x--Uneii » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:57 pm

This has potential to become a yuri harem anime. :lol: or it would..

ShindoW
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby ShindoW » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:20 am

I loved this game. I got the to third place or so when my cart VANISHED. I was so mad and haven't had the $$ to replace it since. I don't remember the game being slow. I guess I just didn't notice. :) I got the soundtrack from YahooJapan not too long ago because I remembered loving the music, too. ^^

Unvivid
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Unvivid » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:20 am

well, i havent played it, but based on all the things ive just read here within the 10 minutes it took(yes i bothered to read the uber long comment posted by kuroineko) I'd enjoy the story, but the battle system will make it hard for me to actually be motivated to keep playing because of the long Battles(because of crazy amounts of HP enemies tend to have) I myself think its a game worth trying right now, but ill just edit this later on if my opinion changes once ive played the game.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Spoiler:

servant
Majin
Majin

Postby servant » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:03 pm

Well I bought a used copy to try it out and I can't say much about it.
The gameplay is slow and I would have preferred it remain a action rpg, since stylus only games are annoying enough to deal with but are manageable if fast paced.
The music was enjoyable as was the art style. The story wasn't amazing but it was memorable.
As for the characters, well they didn't really have any development. I'll probably play through it and sell it back when I'm done.
PSN: TAZiO_SLP4HRS
3DS: 4639 9084 6875
PM me if you add me.
For the senators to decide:
Another Disgaea: http://nisamerica.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7503
Anybody like AR cards?
http://nisamerica.com/prams/wish.php?wid=727&error=comok

Unvivid
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Unvivid » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:46 am

hmm... i like it so far, but i wish they would give us hints on how to do things on this, i mean i basically took 3-4 days just trying to figure out how to get the gate to open.... it mislead me because it kept saying "weakling the gate does not acceppt you" and all that crap so i thought i had to grind or do all the things you CAN do there... i just figured out that you needed a key from the trade shop of babygada or whatever that old witch's name wasa few days ago....
ImageImage
ImageImage
Spoiler:

servant
Majin
Majin

Postby servant » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:44 pm

lol :lol: wow well I'll admit I've had that kind of thing happen to me in many games but not this one so far, if all else fails I turn to a guide, you see I don't have as much time as I used to so I don't want to spend 3 days on figuring out where the next dungeon is or why someone doesn't want to initiate a cutscene with me.
Oh and her name was Babayaga if I remember (only reason I remember the name is cuz that was where my favorite arc in Soul Eater took place)
lol you thought you had to grind to open the gate :lol: good one
PSN: TAZiO_SLP4HRS
3DS: 4639 9084 6875
PM me if you add me.
For the senators to decide:
Another Disgaea: http://nisamerica.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7503
Anybody like AR cards?
http://nisamerica.com/prams/wish.php?wid=727&error=comok

Unvivid
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Unvivid » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:52 am

wait, im confused... what are you talking about?
ImageImage
ImageImage
Spoiler:

Return to “A Witch's Tale”