READ THIS FIRST - The Mostly Spoiler Free D4 Tip Sheet / FAQ

Official discussion forum for Disgaea 4
Prinnish
Geo Master
Geo Master

Re: READ THIS FIRST - The Mostly Spoiler Free D4 Tip Sheet / FAQ

Postby Prinnish » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:39 pm

The benefits for Chara World are seven fold:

-Aptitude Boosting: The real reason why you need Chara World. You get a max of +8 on random stats at level 80 PLUS defeating any Aptitude Spheres, Heart Constructs, and the Gatekeeper on the last floor. Aptitudes cap at 300%, meaning you get three times the stats that are listed on the equipped item. For example, a character with an Aptitude of 100% in ATK that has a sword with a strength of 100 will get 100 ATK added onto the character's base stats, or the stats before the item is equipped. BUT! A character with 300% Aptitude in ATK will get 300 added onto the base stats with the same item. This small boost gets outright godly in conjunction with high rank items and LV 300 items. Hence, why it's more important to boost aptitudes than to dupe for Innocents.

-Special Evilities: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/995078-disgaea-4-a-promise-unforgotten/faqs/62994 This is the Chara World Evility List composed by Unknown_PC that (probably) contains all the unique Evilities and the characters that can learn them. Only certain characters can learn certain Evilities; for example, only the Android class can learn the Violence and Vortex Evilities (in the NA version without Prier DLC anyway). You get a random Evility from the list upon breaking the Evility Sphere (which, like Aptitude Spheres and Heart Cons., only appear naturally with a very low appearance rate. You have to break the floor using special skills and Geo Chains, they'll appear with random chance upon breaking the ground).

-Evil Symbol Area Growth: Clear all the Geo Blocks from the tenth floor WITHOUT defeating clearing the stage and a Mystery Gate will appear. The most common room is where you can expand the area of the Evil Symbol your character is in. The Area, no matter the Evil Symbol, can be boosted to contain a maximum of six characters, not unlike clubs in D3. The initial area of the Symbol can't be changed, but the additional areas gained through Chara World can be moved around.

-Ultimate Weapon Skills: THIS is the other area that may possibly come from the Mystery Gate on the tenth floor, and is the only way to earn the last two weapon skills for Swords, Spears, Axes, Fists, Guns, and Bows. You only need to "buy" the Skill with Mana once through the actual store; they're transferrable through Chara World itself all the same as regular weapon skills.

-Mana Gain: Each Geo Block destroyed counts toward the host character's mana. Great if you're desperate for Mana, but it's much easier to grind for the mana outside on grinding maps than have to worry about running short on Mana.

-Item Duping: Largely outdated by Shop Duping, but it's still possible if you dislike the idea of exploiting a glitch. Puppy Paw Stick > Chara World > Hold out for Heart Cons. > Beat them to death with a paw on a stick.

-Listed Boosts: Things like "Crit UP" or "Skill Inherit" that are always present in the Mystery Gate of the ninth floor. Self explanatory. *Skills and Evilities cost 10X the amount they normally would. I.E. Blade Rush costs 100 Mana through Chara Worlding.

If there's anything I got wrong, let me know. That mini-Guide's there for anybody who needs it, but was offered primarily in response to Faolchu's post.

Edited for Myskaros' sake. :P
Last edited by Prinnish on Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

myskaros
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby myskaros » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:25 pm

Prinnish wrote:-Special Evilities: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/995078-disgaea-4-a-promise-unforgotten/faqs/62994 This is the Chara World Evility List composed by Unknown_PC that contains all the unique Evilities and the characters that can learn them. Only certain characters can learn certain Evilities; for example, only the Android class can learn the Violence and Vortex Evilities (in the NA version without Prier DLC anyway). You get a random Evility from the list upon breaking the Evility Sphere (which, like Aptitude Spheres and Heart Cons., only appear naturally with a very low appearance rate. You have to break the floor using special skills and Geo Chains, they'll appear with random chance upon breaking the ground).

Thought I'd clarify that Unknown_PC has her/himself stated that list is not necessarily complete, but everything there is confirmed information. It's possible you will find an Evility/character combination not listed there.

kingruler9999
Majin
Majin

Postby kingruler9999 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:57 am

I figured I'd ask this here too, how often do friend pirates appear in the item world, and does internet connection have something to do with it, before one floor it said connection to server timed out, and I'm wondering if I would have found a friend pirate if it hadn't said that?
Disgaea Kunoichi Fanatic

Prinnish
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Prinnish » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:34 pm

kingruler9999 wrote:I figured I'd ask this here too, how often do friend pirates appear in the item world, and does internet connection have something to do with it, before one floor it said connection to server timed out, and I'm wondering if I would have found a friend pirate if it hadn't said that?

Friend pirates will only show up when you use a Signal Transmitter (obtainable in the pirate fights).

myskaros
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby myskaros » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:35 pm

You have to have network settings on to have friends' pirates show up in the Item World. It's random, there's no way to induce them into showing up.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:09 am

A great place I found to level Vulcanus was 10-4. The whole 'reverse damage' on the Succubus is great help. It's also a great place for Emizel, because the ghost uses SP as HP, and so even though it has no elemental weaknesses, it still ends up being an easy kill. The only problem is taking care of the other two enemies. I just use Fuka with Magichanged Desco for the behemoth, and my thief magichanged with my sabrekitty for the demon. It works out really well and ended up being a great spot where I could level 6 characters at once. I am actually still using it. I also spammed the heck out of 1-5 for gun-weilders (like Vulcanus) with a magichanged Sabrekitty using Flying Fish when I was at lower levels, and then using Hairball Incident when I was higher level. I tried using the spots listed on here, but they just didn't work for me. So I figured I'd impart some of what I had been using. Of course, Always make sure to raise monster rank until you're at the point where you can just kill them with one hit. If you keep Monster rank too low or too high, you're wasting time. Experiment with it, and you should get it down. And always remember to keep on raising it as you get stronger, and to zero it out once you go to do story stuff/Post-game stuff. I died quite a few times in D3 because I didn't pay enough attention to that :lol:
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

lordryo
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby lordryo » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:09 am

Can anyone tell me if you get to keep your records when starting up a new cycle? Things like item collection progress, skills viewed, character creation, ect.?
"For all of your Neptunia needs, there's an Aph for that"
Harvestasha!

myskaros
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby myskaros » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:55 am

lordryo wrote:Can anyone tell me if you get to keep your records when starting up a new cycle? Things like item collection progress, skills viewed, character creation, ect.?

Yes, all of that information carries over. Otherwise, there'd be no point in having an "Endings Seen" page :)

DarkMatt
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby DarkMatt » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:35 pm

LOVELY TIPS FROM FRIENDS:

So let's say you're done with the game, and you've maxed out the shop rank. The items that cost millions of hell aren't all that appealing but you want better equipment for everyone that doesn't have a powered up item. So how do you solve this dilemma?

Well, if you have 25 million hell and you're lucky enough to find a Scalper on the lower levels (51-100) of an item, buy X8-1: Rising Tragedy. After leaving Item World, go through it.

All you need is a character with 6 movement and the ability to reach over a panel and destroy a geo block in one turn.

You get full bonus gauge, on a map that has the potential to give the best items you can get outside of Item World and Land of Carnage. While not exactly reliable, you still get the hell and experience bonuses from the bonus list. The hell gives a couple million, the experience is fantastic for characters at Level 1.

Really, I'd say this is the best map to get munitions from. For experience, you'd still want to hit up Ordeal 4 once you've gotten the proper skills to take it down efficiently. But this map is amazing for supply runs because it takes zero effort to beat. (Well, learning the path to take takes a bit of effort.)

the8anarchist
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby the8anarchist » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:52 pm

can someone explain how the stealing formula works in 4, its quite obviously not using D1's half the targets level = 100% success my thief is level 2800 and cant steal the prinny suit off of Pringer X(very first fight the one before Zetta) and pringer X is level 3000, so whats up?
"Life?! What do you mean life!?! I ain't got a life!"

myskaros
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby myskaros » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:26 pm

the8anarchist wrote:can someone explain how the stealing formula works in 4, its quite obviously not using D1's half the targets level = 100% success my thief is level 2800 and cant steal the prinny suit off of Pringer X(very first fight the one before Zetta) and pringer X is level 3000, so whats up?

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=6896#p286234

Tikok
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Tikok » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:23 pm

Can someone please explain this to me ?

Look at this picture :
http://imgur.com/YAbDk

That's a legendary phoenix bow with no innocents on it, it boosts some of Valvatorez's stats, and lowers some.

Then look at this one
http://i.imgur.com/OkvGE.jpg

But for some reasons, it gives stats a lot higher than it's suposed to give when I'm equiped with those lvl300 Makai Wars. How come its stats are affected by the makai wars ? I tried with all of my other weapons, it's the only weapon affected.

I am sorry for the bad pictures (and the french, but the game doesn't have an option to set it in english).

myskaros
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby myskaros » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:54 pm

Rarity matching gives an additional 10% bonus to item stats for each item with a matching rarity value equipped.

Example:

If you have a weapon that gives 1000 ATK, armor that gives 1000 DEF, an orb that gives 1000 INT, and shoes that give 1000 SPD, if they all have a rarity of 0, each item would gain +10% x 3 effectiveness when equipped on the same character, resulting in 1300 for each stat.

Tikok
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Tikok » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:35 pm

oooh~! So that is why...! thank you very much~ !

WolfSorcerer
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby WolfSorcerer » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:02 pm

Um I have two questions. 1: What is being said during Goddess Artemis and Delta of Death? 2: What is max rank for shops?
Wolf The Autistic Shaman Sen

Return to “Disgaea 4 (PS3, PS Vita)”