Post-Game Details....

Official discussion forum for Disgaea 4
outlawcurtis
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Post-Game Details....

Postby outlawcurtis » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:21 pm

Ok, so i just finished the story (great, btw) and just passed the new bill in my Senate for the first post-game mission. Then, just to try something, i went and spoke to the new "Time Travel" person in my base. She gives you the option to stay in the present of go to the "Past". So obviously, going to the past allows you to replay the story again with all your current levels and skills. I tried this, but when i did, the new post-game mission was gone from my senate.

So my question is: Is there an order that works best for all the post-story content? Do you do a NG+ and THEN do all the post-game missions? Or, do you do the post-game missions first and THEN do another playthrough of the story? Does it matter which you do first? thanks

P.S. Also, when i talked to the Time Traler person and went back to do a nother story playthrough, i noticed another character popped on the screen as a new toon i could make. I dont know how to do the spoiler thing, so i wont say which one it was. But it was one of the last main enemies you face in the story. Is there a way to get this to become available without starting a NG+?

Benanator
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Re: Post-Game Details....

Postby Benanator » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:27 pm

outlawcurtis wrote:Is there a way to get this to become available without starting a NG+?

Nope, that is specifically the requirement for that character unlock. That is the reason I plan to go through a New Game+ As soon as I finish the story, and then do all the post game stuff. Its just whatever you prefer really. Other than that character class your not missing anything by doing the post game on your first go through. Not that I am aware of anyway.

MoogleDee
Vassal
Vassal

Postby MoogleDee » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:29 pm

Personally, I'm unlocking all the endings THEN moving to post-game. It's kinda tedious, but it gives me a chance to listen to both English and Japanese voice overs.... a few times.

There's no "right" way to go about it, but going into the NG+ will reset some of the bills you passed. I forget which ones off the top of my head, but I know you'll need to redo the Mt. Ordeals bill.

Chocobo115
Majin
Majin

Postby Chocobo115 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:39 pm

Since there might be some time before I can get my hands on adell + Rozalin. my plan is to replay the game to get all endings and then keep on with end-game after I've bought thoose two characters.

outlawcurtis
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby outlawcurtis » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:32 am

Cool, great info everyone, thanks. A couple of things from your responses:

1. I havent received the "Mt Ordeals" bill in my senate yet? When will this show up?

2. Someone mentioned something about multiple endings? How many endings are there and how do you trigger them? If you play the story again (NG+) wont the story end the same way it did the first time? lol

After reading your comments, it looks like im gonna do the story again, and then get into the post-game stuff. Seems to make the most sense to go ahead and get all the characters and stuff from the story before going forward. Thanks

Rusty_Mech
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Rusty_Mech » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:38 am

outlawcurtis wrote:Cool, great info everyone, thanks. A couple of things from your responses:

1. I havent received the "Mt Ordeals" bill in my senate yet? When will this show up?

I believe the bill shows up once you have 7000 mana on one of your characters.

Exodus
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Exodus » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:27 am

outlawcurtis wrote:Cool, great info everyone, thanks. A couple of things from your responses:

2. Someone mentioned something about multiple endings? How many endings are there and how do you trigger them? If you play the story again (NG+) wont the story end the same way it did the first time? lol

After reading your comments, it looks like im gonna do the story again, and then get into the post-game stuff. Seems to make the most sense to go ahead and get all the characters and stuff from the story before going forward. Thanks

The ending you get literally depends on what you do throughout the storyline gameplay wise, for example, in Disgaea 2 if you team killed Rozalin a set number of times, you would get the bad ending when you finished the game.

I believe Disgaea 4 works the same way, but I don't know the specifics. :lol:

Hythian
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Hythian » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:34 am

Exodus wrote:I believe Disgaea 4 works the same way, but I don't know the specifics. :lol:

D4 seems to use the Tree evil symbol instead for the other alternate epilogues. Place the Tree on your Cam-Pain map and then get near it or jump on it and activate it and it'll bring up a chart where you can set the relations between characters within the symbol. Apparently that is used to setup the alternate epilogues.

Spoiler:
Otherwise you always get the default Artina epilogue.

Spoiler:
There is also an additional battle if you fight the final stage of the story with Val over level 500 which actually seems to get referenced in the Postlude cut-scenes cpnfusingly enough even if you weren't over 500 but I am not sure if that counts as a seperate ending or not.

The other endings are the normal 'you lost a boss fight, funny scene happens, game over' ones.

Spoiler:
There is also one other 'ending' bit you get after the Postlude fight with Asagi which I believe counts towards having all of the endings.

Meepit
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Meepit » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:36 am

Basically said the same thing as the poster above me. So, edited.

However, here is a useful link for all that info.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/995078-disg ... faqs/62953
PSN: MeepitVader

Return to “Disgaea 4 (PS3, PS Vita)”