Anyone Using Prinnys?

Official discussion forum for Disgaea 4
Laharl2nd
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Re: Anyone Using Prinnys?

Postby Laharl2nd » Wed May 23, 2012 8:53 pm

i dont believe they do because you are playing as guy who thinks hes a human in the human world, being infested with a curse. the first time you see a prinny is the tutorial, i mean you can make them before the main game starts really but they don't just hand them to you like other ones. you do get a warrior healer and mage i think like always.

Rhuen
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Rhuen » Wed May 23, 2012 11:19 pm

Yes, 1, 3, and 4 you start with Prinnies (which makes sense in story)

in number 2 not so much.

The Prinnies though are the main reason why the conditions for the endings no longer include no friendly kills. Kind of took away some of the fun of having your own Prinnies in Disgaea 1 *especially certain stages*
Good? Evil? I am what I am; a force of nature.
Overlord? Diety? I wasn't aware I was in charge, I am just the creator.

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Thu May 24, 2012 4:26 am

Rhuen wrote:Yes, 1, 3, and 4 you start with Prinnies (which makes sense in story)

in number 2 not so much.

The Prinnies though are the main reason why the conditions for the endings no longer include no friendly kills. Kind of took away some of the fun of having your own Prinnies in Disgaea 1 *especially certain stages*

Only 4 doesn't use ally kills for any of its endings, and throwing Prinnies doesn't count towards it anyway, so it's immaterial.
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

Laharl2nd
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Laharl2nd » Thu May 24, 2012 7:18 am

i remember so much debate on that with throwing prinnies lol. yeah they don't count towards your ending as they don't count as an ally death.

Fallen Angel Loretta
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Fallen Angel Loretta » Thu May 24, 2012 7:35 am

Laharl2nd wrote:i dont believe they do because you are playing as guy who thinks hes a human in the human world, being infested with a curse. the first time you see a prinny is the tutorial, i mean you can make them before the main game starts really but they don't just hand them to you like other ones. you do get a warrior healer and mage i think like always.

:idea: That makes sense.
Spoiler:
Hetalia Haters Gonna Hate

icekirbydude
Vassal
Vassal

Postby icekirbydude » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:10 pm

I used to use Prinnys to benefit Fuka's ability prinny annihilation, which boosted her stats by 20% for each little guy I killed, I feel awful XD

Grinding all day everyday >.<

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:34 pm

Just got my Black Prinny. I named him Doom. He actually a really strong character

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:36 am

Just got my Black Prinny. I named him Doom. He actually a really strong character

Why so racist?
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

RonXSilva
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby RonXSilva » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:52 am

All the Prinnies I make are my name and the names of my friends spelled backwards

SchwaWarrior
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby SchwaWarrior » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:01 am

Hello, newcomer to the NISA forums here! I decided this thread would be a great spot for my first post.

I'm post-game, and aside from Kurtis I use one Prinny in my party, a Prinny God tier affectionately named "Commando Valhalla"! True to his name, he was a warlord in the NORSE VIKINGS of old, but due to his horrible ego, he could not ascend to join the ranks of Odin for the great battle of Ragnarok to come until he paid off that sin in a penguin suit in the Netherworld, so he joins battle with Valzy and company in the Item World every day so that such a burden may one day be fully paid out. "For Asgard, dood!"

Or at least that's his story. He IS a Prinny, you know, maybe his word ought not be taken at face value... :?

Anyway I think he's a pretty cool guy. Eh vaporizes things with Fusilade and Volcano, gets thrown around as an instant nuke-it-the-eff-from-orbit on occasion, and doesn't afraid of anything (except Etna of course). My party likes to throw each-other around a lot in the Item World, so Commando Valhalla only sees some real action in floors that are close-quarters, tight spaces.

Oh, I haven't thought to pass Heavy Stance or Evade Danger to him yet; I have somewhere around 30 or more characters I'm in the gradual process of setting up with the Evilities I want (most of them being the DLC ones since I have every single DLC character there is @[email protected] it's awesome but at the same time a lot of work), and it's true if I want to put it in my Item World Pirate PvP Party I should go with those two, but I'm also wondering if I should be more creative than that... For instance, Darkness Pact would tack an extra 30% on to all stats for example, so that and Heavy Stance's +20% and Etna's +30% would make him vulnerable to other players' bombs, but in return his stats become terrifying; perhaps using that and putting him at the back of the ship, with really high MV and "Assault" AI would give him a turn or two of terror-raining before the player gets an apt chance to snipe it.

I'm wondering about a possible defensive evility set as well as an alternative; if nothing else, setting it up with two of the Shaman's or Death's evilities, which cause negative effects to the whole enemy party, then putting the Prinny in the back of the ship set to "Attack" (not Assault, so it will sit there until its enemies approach) so that it's stealth-debilitating its opponents unless the player thinks to actually look at its status page when the fight begins and realizes why all his allies' SP consumption is doubled or that their Evasion or Elemental Resistance are all cut in half. Could work on any monster class, but who would suspect it on a Prinny, amirite?

So yeah, I've got some nice plans for Commando Valhalla. ^_^ I'm considering the offensive moveset approach moreso as opposed to defensive since the glorious vikings on which he draws his fancy name were renowned for being fearless, reckless beserkers.

I may just stick with the Heavy Stance + Evade Danger and put him in the front (Captain) position of the pirate ship to lead the assault, too. ^_^ Ahh, but then again, player names are randomized online, so it wouldn't make as much sense for them to see it... ah well.

Return to “Disgaea 4 (PS3, PS Vita)”