Suggestions

Official Bleach Discussion Forum
KyuubiMinato
Vassal
Vassal

Re: Suggestions

Postby KyuubiMinato » Sun May 15, 2011 1:48 pm

Huh...that's funny. Disgaea 3 was brought over by...NIS. HyperDimension Neptunia seems to be NIS as well. Cross Edge was Koei (are they connected to NIS? lol)

It seems like NIS America has even brought some games to the European PSN. Are they gonna bring Soul Ignition to Europe as well?

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Sun May 15, 2011 2:28 pm

Looks like it

jadjohnny
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby jadjohnny » Sun May 15, 2011 8:45 pm

Houk wrote:Trust me, we're well aware of how important dual-audio is for some people. On any title we've released that didn't have a dual-audio option, I can guarantee you it was for reasons beyond our control. Keeping dual audio is consistently at the top of our list for every localization project we get.

As of right now, Bleach is planned to be dual audio. So unless some issue arises between now and release that would make it impossible, you can count on having both Japanese and English voices.

U know I love you for life for that specify reason :D
PSN ID: jadjohnny (add me if you want to :D)

KyuubiMinato
Vassal
Vassal

Postby KyuubiMinato » Mon May 16, 2011 1:24 pm

Also, and i'm not trying to be an ass about it at all, but why was the title changed?

I feels kinda weird since it was already in english and because a few mechanics in the game are actually named Ignition.

(Again, not trying to be a snot about it. I just want to know if there was a specific reason why they couldn't use it)

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Mon May 16, 2011 1:47 pm

KyuubiMinato wrote:Also, and i'm not trying to be an ass about it at all, but why was the title changed?

I feels kinda weird since it was already in english and because a few mechanics in the game are actually named Ignition.

(Again, not trying to be a snot about it. I just want to know if there was a specific reason why they couldn't use it)

Houk wrote:
bleachfan wrote:yay! also how come the name of the game was changed?

Copyright issues. We've had some legal issues regarding copyrighted words in our subtitles before, so now we try to play it safe.

There's your answer
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

KyuubiMinato
Vassal
Vassal

Postby KyuubiMinato » Mon May 16, 2011 2:07 pm

Oh. I guess that makes sense, if they've even had issues before.

As far as the actual game it's REALLY not a big deal, but i happened to miss that post and just asked. Thanks, by the way :)

If this becomes the only nit-pick one can point out, we can all be very happy with this lol

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Houk » Mon May 16, 2011 2:15 pm

Yeah we wanted to leave it as it was for the reasons you mentioned, but we had to play it safe on this one.

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Mon May 16, 2011 2:18 pm

Houk wrote:Yeah we wanted to leave it as it was for the reasons you mentioned, but we had to play it safe on this one.

Yeah, it's best to play it safe, and at least you guys picked a good alternative, Soul Ressureccion sounds good, and has a reference behind it

No offense, but I like it better than the change for Ar tonelico Qoga heh...

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Mon May 16, 2011 2:19 pm

Darcnova wrote:
Houk wrote:Yeah we wanted to leave it as it was for the reasons you mentioned, but we had to play it safe on this one.

Yeah, it's best to play it safe, and at least you guys picked a good alternative, Soul Ressureccion sounds good, and has a reference behind it

Qoga means "The end" if I remember right? Something like that. so, it was not that bad of a choice.

Someone else who knows hymmnos would be able to better explain this though.
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Mon May 16, 2011 2:21 pm

vampko wrote:
Darcnova wrote:

Qoga means "The end" if I remember right? Something like that. so, it was not that bad of a choice.

Someone else who knows hymmnos would be able to better explain this though.

Yeah, it means the end, those of us who follow NIS/Gust games would know this, I'm just saying that a wider range of people would get Ressureccion at least :P

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Mon May 16, 2011 2:28 pm

Darcnova wrote:
Yeah, it means the end, those of us who follow NIS/Gust games would know this, I'm just saying that a wider range of people would get Ressureccion at least :P

Fair enough, but I thought the name change was weird. And that's pretty much because I don't follow Bleach. It's kinda the same for Qoga. People don't understand it, because they don't follow GUST or the AT series.
Spoiler:

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Mon May 16, 2011 2:31 pm

vampko wrote:
Darcnova wrote:

Fair enough, but I thought the name change was weird. And that's pretty much because I don't follow Bleach. It's kinda the same for Qoga. People don't understand it, because they don't follow GUST or the AT series.

Yeah, makes sense...Ignition would have been good as well as by playing the demo I got used to the name, but luckily I get the Ressureccion reference, as will Bleach fans, or those even casually watching it though the adult swim, either name works, but it's better to play it safe...we don't want another Cross Edge heh

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Mon May 16, 2011 2:41 pm

Darcnova wrote:
vampko wrote:
Darcnova wrote:

Yeah, makes sense...Ignition would have been good as well as by playing the demo I got used to the name, but luckily I get the Ressureccion reference, as will Bleach fans, or those even casually watching it though the adult swim, either name works, but it's better to play it safe...we don't want another Cross Edge heh

I agree wholeheartedly.
Spoiler:

KyuubiMinato
Vassal
Vassal

Postby KyuubiMinato » Mon May 16, 2011 2:58 pm

Yes. While in the game we'll still have the "Ignition gauge" and "Ignition Attack" in the gameplay, "Resurrección" IS part of the show and can be used in such a way that makes sense to any fan of the franchise. (Plus, the fact that the word itself is written in Spanish, where it comes from in the show, is also a very nice touch)

I'm just really happy to see this game having an international release (fingers crossed here in Europe) and at least now we have a precedent for future games to be brought over as well (even more so if they see a significant profit in sales)

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Mon May 16, 2011 4:29 pm

From the info we have, the release schedule should be like this:

JP: June 23
NA: August 2nd (may be a placeholder)
EU: September whenever :P

Return to “Bleach: Soul Resurrección”