Suggestions

Official Bleach Discussion Forum
LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Suggestions

Postby LAMV » Mon May 16, 2011 7:05 pm

I have no idea how you can copyright the word "ignition".

I have no idea how it was possible to copyright the word "edge," either.

KyuubiMinato
Vassal
Vassal

Postby KyuubiMinato » Tue May 17, 2011 1:08 pm

Nintendo owns the copyright to "Amaterasu".

How a gaming company can copyright a goddess i'll never understand lol :lol:

mahou
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby mahou » Thu May 19, 2011 12:27 am

Houk wrote:Trust me, we're well aware of how important dual-audio is for some people. On any title we've released that didn't have a dual-audio option, I can guarantee you it was for reasons beyond our control. Keeping dual audio is consistently at the top of our list for every localization project we get.

As of right now, Bleach is planned to be dual audio. So unless some issue arises between now and release that would make it impossible, you can count on having both Japanese and English voices.

This is the reason I rather support NISA rather than Atlus/Bamco localizations. And why i'm happy to throw money down on NISA titles, but refuse to buy 'heavily Japanese/anime' games from Atlus/Bamco without a dual audio option. I import when i'm not bound by region-lock, but seeing as my Japanese is far from perfect I naturally opt to play in my first language (english).

As long as the dual audio is in, i'll be pre-ordering.

Mugen
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Mugen » Thu May 19, 2011 8:11 pm

I've an avid Bleach fan. I've been reading the manga and watching the anime from day one. From what I've seen, Bleach: Soul Resurreccion is looking very promising. The RPG and customization elements within the game would work perfectly with Bleach. The original japanese voicing would make it a more enjoyable experience for me because if the english dub is like anything from past localized game, I'd rather be hearing the original actors preform the script. Plus, the japanese voice acting in the anime is legit. Something that I would be delighted to see in the game is a "Versus" mode. The reason is because it would add an entire gameplay demension to the game. Along with that, I frequently have arguments with my friends about who would win in a fight, and what a better way to settle that argument than with a one versus one match? I've seen arguments agaisnt the idea because players don't want a repetitive and "pointless" match system. The game will still have it's "Story" mode so the additon of a "Versus" mode shouldn't hinder the game, it should enhance it. Finally, adding the option to play with a friend would seal the deal with me. Playing a hack and slash game is never the less fun, but playing it with a friend, makes it fun for two. From past experiences with games like the Dynasty Warriors, Sengoku Basura, and just hack and slash games in general, playing by yourself loses it's appeal very quickly. I know for a fact that my friends would rather be playing with me, than just watching me play so please add local co-op. But if that doesn't work out, a "Versus" mode would suffice.

So in short, this is what I think would make the game better:
-Include original Japanese voicing
-Versus *Look at what Namco Bandai did with Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2*
-Balancing, I don't want Aizen 1-3 hitting everything.
-Local Co-Op, so that friends on the same couch can dive into the action with me, instead of just watching me play.

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Thu May 19, 2011 8:33 pm

Japanese VA: Like Houk said in this thread, that's what they are going for

Versus: NUNS2 was made as a fighter, this is a single player game due to the fact that it has a combat system similar to Devil May Cry and Bayonetta, so Versus wasn't included

Balance: No clue, but hollows will easily be killed in 1-2 hits if they are swarming hollows, do remember that one combo may equate to more than one hit, so Aizen probably won't be as OP'd, unless his abilities will it.

Local Co-op: Look at my reasoning for no Versus

Sorry if this seems like I'm shutting down your ideas, I'm just trying to make this info known, as it keeps getting asked. Maybe if they make a Soul Ignition/Ressureccion 2, they will find a way to fit versus, or local co-op in, but for now, it's 1 player, and the only way that would change is if Sony wills it

Edit: On a side note, I don't even know why this thread was titled Suggestions, seeing as it was just asking for the JP voice track :P

Mugen
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Mugen » Fri May 20, 2011 4:57 am

Darcnova wrote:Japanese VA: Like Houk said in this thread, that's what they are going for

Versus: NUNS2 was made as a fighter, this is a single player game due to the fact that it has a combat system similar to Devil May Cry and Bayonetta, so Versus wasn't included

Balance: No clue, but hollows will easily be killed in 1-2 hits if they are swarming hollows, do remember that one combo may equate to more than one hit, so Aizen probably won't be as OP'd, unless his abilities will it.

Local Co-op: Look at my reasoning for no Versus

Sorry if this seems like I'm shutting down your ideas, I'm just trying to make this info known, as it keeps getting asked. Maybe if they make a Soul Ignition/Ressureccion 2, they will find a way to fit versus, or local co-op in, but for now, it's 1 player, and the only way that would change is if Sony wills it

Edit: On a side note, I don't even know why this thread was titled Suggestions, seeing as it was just asking for the JP voice track :P

Using your reasoning for Versus for Local Co-op makes no sense because Local Co-Op and Versus are two completely different things. For one, In Local Co-op you would have a 2nd player helping you through the game which can be done and has been done with an action, hack and slash like Bleach. look at how Dynasty Warriors did their co-op. These hack and slash games are alot more enjoyable with a 2nd player. It's understandable that this isn't a fighting game therefore a Versus mode wouldn't be needed but this is a Suggestions thread, and I'm just suggesting things that would make the game more sell-able and enjoyable. Also, seeing as how a majority of the battles in the arrancar arc involved atleast two characters against one enemy, it would make sense to include a co-op function. I'd rather be playing with another human than with the AI. For example, one instance in Hueco Mundo it was Sado, Renji, and Rukia against Yammy. So it isn't something that wouldn't fit in with the game. In another instance, it was Byakuya and Kenpachi vs Yammy as well. And so again, seeing as how these major battle involved a 2nd character assisting you, co-op should be implemented if it hasn't been already.

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Fri May 20, 2011 11:13 am

That's the thing though, the game comes out in Japan next month, so it is pretty much gold already.

And what I'm saying is, it ISN'T like Dynasty Warriors, the game would be freakishly hard to play with split screen co-op, as you need to see the entire screen to play, which is why I was gonna add that they would need to tweek every map in order to make it work with 2 people.

This thread was oddly mistitled, it was pretty much a suggestion for NISA to add the Japanese VO, seeing as NISA doesn't do the coding for these games, a true suggestion thread would be pointless

Mugen
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Mugen » Fri May 20, 2011 12:23 pm

So no changes are being made to the game except for the retainment of the Japanese voice over?

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Fri May 20, 2011 12:36 pm

Mugen wrote:So no changes are being made to the game except for the retainment of the Japanese voice over?

It's gonna be the same as the Japanese version, just with English VO option, remember that it is releasing this year, so they are already working with the unreleased disk, which is an oddity in itself, as usually they wait til after Japan has it, we are getting it less than 2 months after them, so like I said, it is probably close to going gold, so sudden changes would then require testing, debugging etc, causing the release to be delayed by a lot

Sool
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Sool » Fri May 20, 2011 12:37 pm

Mugen wrote:Also, seeing as how a majority of the battles in the arrancar arc involved atleast two characters against one enemy, it would make sense to include a co-op function.

Aaroniero Arruruerie: rukia alone
Tia Harribel: Toshiro alone because at the time they launched a team attack aizen cut tia down
Ulquiorra Cifer: ichigo alone
Nnoitra Gilga: neil alone AFTER THAT Kenpachi alone
Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez: Ichigo alone
Zommari Rureaux: byakuya alone
Szayel Aporro Granz: renji uryu mayuri <---one
Baraggan Luisenbarn: soifon and hachi <---two
Coyote Starrk: shunsui and ukitake <-------three

and yeah aizen against everything that survived

Mugen wrote:I'd rather be playing with another human than with the AI. For example, one instance in Hueco Mundo it was Sado, Renji, and Rukia against Yammy. So it isn't something that wouldn't fit in with the game. In another instance, it was Byakuya and Kenpachi vs Yammy as well. And so again, seeing as how these major battle involved a 2nd character assisting you, co-op should be implemented if it hasn't been already.

a fight against yammy is a major fight?^^

there were not enough team based fights in bleach so wouldnt coop feel kinda strange?

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Fri May 20, 2011 12:40 pm

If the gameplay was more like Dynasty Warriors, instead of DMC/Bayonetta, co-op would be at a higher possibility, but yeah, co-op really doesn't work when most Bleach fights are one on one...and even when it is a team battle, they still attack one at a time for some odd reason heh

Like I said, sorry if I'm being rude, but I'm just saying that the chance that ANY changes will be made now is 0.00000000000001%, seeing as it should be going gold soon.

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Houk » Fri May 20, 2011 3:00 pm

Mugen wrote:So no changes are being made to the game except for the retainment of the Japanese voice over?

We pretty much never make major system changes to a game when we localize it for the US. (I want to just say never, but then someone will come in with the one exception.)

If they were going to add co-op or other major systems, they would have done so well before now. Co-op is not something you can add at the last minute (which this is, in game development terms) and expect it to work. Systems like that take a lot of planning, a lot of time, and (most importantly) a lot of money to implement. I imagine they did consider multiplayer at some point, but decided for whatever reason (technical, financial, commercial, etc.) that it wouldn't work for this title.

So, no, there won't be any big changes at this point.

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Fri May 20, 2011 5:26 pm

Houk wrote:

We pretty much never make major system changes to a game when we localize it for the US. (I want to just say never, but then someone will come in with the one exception.)

If they were going to add co-op or other major systems, they would have done so well before now. Co-op is not something you can add at the last minute (which this is, in game development terms) and expect it to work. Systems like that take a lot of planning, a lot of time, and (most importantly) a lot of money to implement. I imagine they did consider multiplayer at some point, but decided for whatever reason (technical, financial, commercial, etc.) that it wouldn't work for this title.

And this is why we have professionals, thanks for explaining it better Houk

Mugen
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Mugen » Sat May 21, 2011 4:07 pm

Houk wrote:

Alright thanks for clearing that up.

Quogie
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Quogie » Mon May 23, 2011 6:55 am

For the Next Bleach game for Ps3 could you please make it 2-4player like bleach blade battlers 2 coz that would be awesome :)

Return to “Bleach: Soul Resurrección”