Would you buy BRS The Game without the LE?

Official Black Rock Shooter The Game for PSP Discussion Forum

Would you buy Black Rock Shooter The Game if the LE was not available?

Yes, definitely.
17%
Yes, of course! I wasn't going to get the LE anyways.
13%
Yes, but I would still REALLY want the LE and would be REALLY disappointed!!!
42%
Yes, but I'd wait for a price drop or something cause I'd be sad...
8%
Possibly, but the possibility that the LE won't be released hadn't even occured to me!
2%
Nope, I would no longer be interested.
17%

Total votes: 52

Meganus
Vassal
Vassal

Would you buy BRS The Game without the LE?

Postby Meganus » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:20 pm

So that's the question, would you buy the game without the Limited Edition?

For the purposes of the poll we will assume that the Limited Edition will come with what (I'm pretty sure) was announced it would come with, so everything that the Japanese version had but no Soundtrack and no boxed game, which would leave it with the WRS Figma, the art book and the downloadable code for the game.

And an extra question,which part of the LE is most important to you? For me it's the Figma, and I'm guessing it's the same for most of you guys.

krown klown
Vassal
Vassal

Re: Would you buy BRS The Game without the LE?

Postby krown klown » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:01 pm

I honestly would say it depends. I am a hard core collector, I have every NIS set since mana khemia w. Jess figurine. But are you talking about a physical release with no LE content or are you taking about what a lot of companies are doing on the psp with download only. For a physical release Id be willing to buy it anyway, hopefully for a 30 dollar price tag instead of 40. If its download only I would never buy it. Maybe if i have some left over psn card, but only for a couple of bucks.

Meganus
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Meganus » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:54 pm

NIS has said quite a few times that downloadable would be the way they would go when they finally release this game, whether that's with or without the limited edition (so even the LE would only come with a downloadable code for the game and no physical copy). So for the purposes of the poll I think it's safe to assume that if you were to get the game it would be via download code.

Meganus
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Meganus » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:44 pm

Ya, well, it unfortunately doesn't look like physical copies are going to happen. I think there was a better reason given, but off the top of my head it'll definitely be cheaper to just have a download code over a box and UMD for the game. Honestly though, this limited edition in particular (as well as other Japanese LE's where there's a figure included) is really for the figure (or other bonuses like an art book or soundtrack), not so much for the game which is pretty much the bonus of the LE (at least I'm pretty sure this is how most view LE's such as this one, especially in Japan). Personally, I wouldn't lament an LE of this game without a physical copy of the game because the main thing I'm interested in is the Figma (in this case at least, as well as simply to give the game a play through not particularly care about the box), but I do see why some would be upset over it because I also personally prefer physical copies over downloads (as I'm sure most do), but I'm pretty sure it's out of NISA's hands in this case.

krown klown
Vassal
Vassal

Postby krown klown » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:28 am

SaturnineTenshi wrote:I can't even think of a point to a limited edition without the game. Limited editions are generally for collectors. People who collect video games. People who like it physical. A limited edition without a physical game is like a hooker that doesn't put out.

That said, I'd buy it without the limited edition so long as it isn't as awful as the OVA.

This exactly, if there is not game, then not even the most die hard of collectors would buy this. You cant have an edition of a game, that does not exist.

I dont understand the rationale either. Did people who bought the disgaea remakes or infinite fall off the face of the planet? The psp base did not disappear so who cares if its an older system. I guess if we were talking about fps its one thing, but rpg fans always appreciate older works so its not a case where I would worry.

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:30 pm

After all this time, I don't think there will be a retail print of the game anymore.

knightnightmare
Majin
Majin

Postby knightnightmare » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:55 pm

Even only a digital release would be fine at this point. Wish they would share some news on this to let us know if it is even still coming or not?
The closer your go towards the light, the darker you shadow becomes.

Meganus
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Meganus » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:37 pm

Houk does keep assuring us that the game will be released, so I assume that the game will be released, no reason not to trust him. So with that assumption, I'm really still pulling for the limited edition. I'm certain that if the LE does show up some people who wouldn't otherwise buy the game would get it (and of course those who don't want it could still just get the game on its own). And if retail isn't a possibility for the LE, maybe they could sell it on their online store. But I don't know, for all we know what's holding up the game's release is something to do with the LE (perhaps GSC doesn't want to make anymore WRS's or something, or the volume isn't high enough to justify doing a second run), in which case I guess they can try to release just the game. If it's not much cheaper than a retail game though (something like $10-$15) I really don't see how it'll be able to sell at this point. I can only imagine the hold up being caused by the LE (I assume translations are all done, or that a dub isn't necessary, and I doubt licensing and what not would be a problem), so since it has been so long, I assume NISA is indeed trying to make it happen, because otherwise they could have just released the game on PSN and called it a day. But that's just all speculation. Some official light on the subject would be nice, but at this point I don't think they'd be able to share any info on the situation, because if they could, they probably would have by now.

Klyde_Chroma
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Klyde_Chroma » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:32 pm

In all honesty while I would still get the game, it wouldn't be a "day 1".... I have enough backlogged titles to keep me busy for years.... I too am a collector of LE's and have been since the PS2 era. I still have yet to even crack open my Meruru LE from last year.... In other words, LE's get money out of my wallet waaaaaay faster then any other means.... I know how difficult this stuff is to come by for any reasonable price....

That being said, I would still purchase it without a doubt... I'd consider seeing a western release of BRS a blessing at this point that no fan ought turn a blind eye to... digital or not... that is, if said fan cares to contribute to increasing the odds of localizations in the future.

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:22 pm

And I'm the only one who voted for "Yes, of course! I wasn't going to get the LE anyways.".

Meganus
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Meganus » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:51 pm

Shizuka wrote:And I'm the only one who voted for "Yes, of course! I wasn't going to get the LE anyways.".

Yes, because that's crazy talk. :p

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:29 pm

I'm sorry, but the game is what matters the most to me.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:44 pm

Yeah I'd buy it without the LE too. The game is what should matter here. LE's are just a bonus
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

leinaud
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby leinaud » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:45 am

I'll get the game without the LE too.

...since I bought the JP one for 20 bucks, lol

Awaking in 2014...

Tokiko
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Tokiko » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:07 am

I wouldnt be bothered to much, I already have the Figma and game soundtrack etc. LE imported. That being said I would love to have another one :3 though not a deal breaker at this point. Just would be nice to have haha

Return to “Black Rock Shooter The Game”