Black★Rock Shooter: The Game Out Now For $20!

Official Black Rock Shooter The Game for PSP Discussion Forum
Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Re: Black★Rock Shooter: The Game

Postby Houk » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:55 pm

It's still slated for release. The game will come out here.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:21 pm

See? ^

That's what I tried to tell people. NISA isn't just going to drop a project after all that work. And they have a contract with Imageepoch, so it wouldn't be as simple for Imageepoch to just decide that they didn't want to bother with the game.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:47 pm

vampko wrote:NISA isn't just going to drop a project after all that work.

They've only recently dropped a project, Disgaea on Android.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:54 pm

Shizuka wrote:
vampko wrote:NISA isn't just going to drop a project after all that work.

They've only recently dropped a project, Disgaea on Android.

But we never got any info on how much (if at all) they worked on it.
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:59 pm

Clan of Champions is another one. It's been released for months in Japan, and no news at all.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:03 pm

Shizuka wrote:Clan of Champions is another one. It's been released for months in Japan, and no news at all.

well, I have faith in it. But, most people here don't even care whether it does release or not xD So, it's not the best example.
Spoiler:

LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:07 pm

Shizuka wrote:Clan of Champions is another one.

Who?

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:26 pm

LAMV wrote:
Shizuka wrote:Clan of Champions is another one.

Who?

Exactly.

Tokiko
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Tokiko » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:23 am

Sheleigha wrote:2013 now? Yeah, last I recall was that it would be "late 2012" that they were aiming for. 2013 too just seems... way too late for a PSP title. I'm sure what they are trying to do is make it Vita compatible, but yeah by next year, Vita-only might be where it goes, if it does come out.

Not sure if this has been said before but just for anyone that doesnt want to slog though the huge forum.

NISA at Anime North last week had stated that they are working on BRS still and it is in motion they just dont want to start giving too much info about it till they have more to really talk about with it. Not only that but they currently have a HUGE line up of games that are either A) being pushed (Disgaea: 3 vita, Atelier Meruru) or B) still coming out and being advertised (Mugen Souls, The Witch and the Hundred Knights, and Legasista) and thats whats just been announced so far there may be more on the horizon. And not only that but also all the Anime that they are currently working on as well.

Most likely they will give us more info by the 3rd or 4th quarter of this year when all the other releases are either almost out or are out. My guess is that they just dont want to spread themselves too thin by announcing too many games all at one time and they are also most likely still working on those games that they have announced so they also dont want too make too much work for themselves all at one time no less.

Lord Gorchnik
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Lord Gorchnik » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:22 pm

vampko wrote:See? ^

That's what I tried to tell people. NISA isn't just going to drop a project after all that work. And they have a contract with Imageepoch, so it wouldn't be as simple for Imageepoch to just decide that they didn't want to bother with the game.

You must not be very familiar with how localization works and how everything can instantly turn from "peachy" one moment to "pitch black" the next. Everything you just said is EXACTLY what happened with XSEED and GKH.

1) They had a contract with Vanillaware. (NIS and ImageEpoch)
2) They had finished all localization work and were waiting on programmers from Vanillaware to help them. code it back into the game.
3) They spent all that time and money on their translation work and.........

OH LOOK, cancelled. All of that hard work, all for NOTHING.

So when I see something like this..........

Houk wrote:It's still slated for release. The game will come out here.

Forgive me for not holding my breath. It's not that the fans don't want to trust you; we've just been deceived one way too many times with releases this generation, especially on the PSP. So its kind of hard to kick back and feel that nothing is amiss.

I don't even know why I am saying this as I already own the game. I guess I just feel bad for all the fans over here who are waiting to support you guys with this but have received not one iota of information after....6 months now? Maybe more, I forget. I see a few posts up that apparently you guys spoke about it at Anime North. Why in God's name then would you not post about it here to keep people updated?

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:33 pm

Xseed had a contract with Vanillaware to release their first-party games? Cause I'm not saying NISA had a contract with Imageepoch for BRS specifically, but that they actually have a contract with Imageepoch.
Spoiler:

shymel94
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shymel94 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:24 pm

I think XSEED was only publishing GKH and not other games from Vanillaware. Someone else was doing Dragon's Crown before Atlus picked it up.
3DS FC: 2148-8629-2994
PSN ID: sheena1278
Wii U FC: shy_mel

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:15 pm

shymel94 wrote:I think XSEED was only publishing GKH and not other games from Vanillaware. Someone else was doing Dragon's Crown before Atlus picked it up.

XSEED was once supposed to be bringing Muramasa, but then something happened and Ignition was the one that did it. The one responsible for Dragon's Crown was Ignition, and now it's Atlus. It comes full circle.

Tokiko
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Tokiko » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:47 am

Lord Gorchnik wrote:
vampko wrote:See? ^

You must not be very familiar with how localization works and how everything can instantly turn from "peachy" one moment to "pitch black" the next. Everything you just said is EXACTLY what happened with XSEED and GKH.

1) They had a contract with Vanillaware. (NIS and ImageEpoch)
2) They had finished all localization work and were waiting on programmers from Vanillaware to help them. code it back into the game.
3) They spent all that time and money on their translation work and.........

OH LOOK, cancelled. All of that hard work, all for NOTHING.

So when I see something like this..........

Houk wrote:It's still slated for release. The game will come out here.

Forgive me for not holding my breath. It's not that the fans don't want to trust you; we've just been deceived one way too many times with releases this generation, especially on the PSP. So its kind of hard to kick back and feel that nothing is amiss.

I don't even know why I am saying this as I already own the game. I guess I just feel bad for all the fans over here who are waiting to support you guys with this but have received not one iota of information after....6 months now? Maybe more, I forget. I see a few posts up that apparently you guys spoke about it at Anime North. Why in God's name then would you not post about it here to keep people updated?

Most likely as i said before they just might not have enough time to set everything up right now for it's release or preview. Most likely they are waiting till after the next big rush of stuff has kind of gone away before they really get too terribly involved with BRS as a whole. Even at the con they were still working on pushing the more current stuff like D3:Vita and Meruru so most likely once those have had a bit of time to get advertised they will start up the next big advertising wave and hopefully it'll be in there. That and they currently have Legasista which is another (tmk) PSN DLC only game so they might just be waiting till after that to start giving any more hype to another DLC only game.

As i said before they will most likely have more out by the end of the year but it wont be too terribly soon since they just have a ton of stuff in the works so it may backlog new game info for a bit. Most likely when it does finally come about it'll prolly be an all at once sort of thing and will most likely be relatively close to release date.

Lord Gorchnik
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Lord Gorchnik » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:18 pm

I want people to understand, I am not bashing NIS or trying to make them seem like a bad company here with terrible PR. For many companies, a lot of them feel that the fans/consumers understand a simple concept which is:

"No news is good news." In this case since you havent announced anything about BRS, you feel the consumers have nothing to worry about. And while you are right in a sense, there is also a flip-side to that. You see, the longer you wait to release information about this game, the more consumer interest dies as a whole for the product as they gravitate towards other games and titles that come out/announced since then. This is true for almost ANY market, not just games. Of course you will have your dedicated niche fanbase that will pick this up no matter when it releases which is great. And hey, maybe that's all NIS wants; and if so, no problem.

My point is just that SINCE the localization announcement of the game there has been:

No newsletters, advertising, promotions, posts, or tweets of any sort. Remember advertising & promoting doesn't have to cost money if you know where to look.
No interviews
No localization challenge blogs/snippets/publisher journals
No screenshots or trailers
No release date
Add more here.

The only thing the fans have gotten is confirmation that is will be Digital Download only. In the meantime there have been a plethora of what I just mentioned above in that list for four other games now that NIS has announced localization for. Which is great of course, keep doing just that! After all, hype and buzz creates more interest which in turn will hopefully create new potential buyers of said product.

With 30 years of marketing behind me I just want to point out that even if you are releasing a product that you feel isn't going to turn Disgaea/Atelier numbers; it is STILL okay to make a post/update/blog/comment on your website, forums, twitter, etc that states something like this.

"Hey BRS fans! We know how patient you've been and we just want you to know we are still working hard on the game! Keep on truckin! <3 NIS." Which I suppose you did at Anime North, which is great. However, there was perhaps 2% of your total consumer base there in attendance. So now do it through your main methods of communication (newsletter, facebook, twitter, etc)

Again, Im not mad at anyone. i already own the game (3 copies of it in fact) and love what imageepoch did. I am just trying to understand that as a business and marketing man, the complete lack of silence from NIS on this makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. You have a product you are trying to sell, SO SPEAK UP ABOUT IT!

Return to “Black Rock Shooter The Game”