Page 2 of 6

Re: Is this game even....

Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:46 pm
by vertical09
^ Not true, music and videos are an exception. games are something you tend to wanna collect and try collecting DD's...........ohhhhhhhhhhh you cant :?
guess where all that music and videos/games are going when your device breaks......you guessd yet?.. ok where heres the answer DOWN THE FREAKING DRAIN!

Yeah maybe there no stopping it from coming, but dont say we just accept it and dont give a damn because thats not true AT ALL, if it comes down to it, we're gonna be FORCED to buy it DD only.

Re: Is this game even....

Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:30 pm
by Alura--x--Uneii
Well at least it'll be over here D:

Re: Is this game even....

Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:19 am
by Obake
vertical09 wrote:^ Not true, music and videos are an exception. games are something you tend to wanna collect and try collecting DD's...........ohhhhhhhhhhh you cant :?

Well, I expect there were people who collected various music media (record, tape, CD) that probably made this same argument. Look where that got them.

guess where all that music and videos/games are going when your device breaks......you guessd yet?.. ok where heres the answer DOWN THE FREAKING DRAIN!

Guess where all your music/games/videos go when the disc is damaged/worn/broken? DOWN THE FREAKING DRAIN! Where does my digital stuff go? From my digital backup solution of choice to my replacement device.

Music has gone digital, and video is in the process, and are all the better for it. Games will get there as well. The only place the similarity really breaks down is compatibility. You can grab an mp3, an mpg, or any of a number of formats and play it anywhere. You can't say the same for games. (Yet? I can hope.)

Re: Is this game even....

Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:33 am
by Obake
SaturnineTenshi wrote:Whether the industry will be "better for it" is completely arguable. Point is: it's changing, and whether it's a good thing doesn't matter as long as it's remunerative and people support it.


This I can agree with. It irritates me when people act like it is indisputable fact that DD is bad for the industry/consumer/whathaveyou, I shouldn't do the same when arguing the opposite.

Re: Is this game even....

Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:49 am
by Ringwraith
Obake wrote:
SaturnineTenshi wrote:Whether the industry will be "better for it" is completely arguable. Point is: it's changing, and whether it's a good thing doesn't matter as long as it's remunerative and people support it.


This I can agree with. It irritates me when people act like it is indisputable fact that DD is bad for the industry/consumer/whathaveyou, I shouldn't do the same when arguing the opposite.

Digital distribution has its positives and negatives, just like physical retail does, and I don't think physical sales will ever completely die out, due to these differences. I'm fine with digital copes of games, although personally I much prefer having a physical copy of something if given the choice.

Re: Is this game even....

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:53 pm
by Discoceris
vertical09 wrote:^ Not true, music and videos are an exception. games are something you tend to wanna collect and try collecting DD's...........ohhhhhhhhhhh you cant :?
guess where all that music and videos/games are going when your device breaks......you guessd yet?.. ok where heres the answer DOWN THE FREAKING DRAIN!

Yeah maybe there no stopping it from coming, but dont say we just accept it and dont give a damn because thats not true AT ALL, if it comes down to it, we're gonna be FORCED to buy it DD only.


I have $8,000 worth of laserdiscs that are worth complete crap other than for sentimental or historic reasons (maybe antiques 100 years from now) So your argument completely flies in the face of logic. The industry does not give a damn about you, the consumer, because all of this stuff we're buying are much a consumption good as a Snickers bar.

Also you aren't making any sense with regards to a device breaking and all "those videos/games" down the drain. Did you fall on your head? I am able to play SNES/SFC games without the original console. Hint: it's called emulation. The medium? Yes, you guessed right. Digital.

Re: Is this game even....

Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:36 pm
by Sylverias
I hope they'll decide to give this a UMD release, maybe just for pre-orders with a box set or something. I really dislike the idea of buying full games through PSN and even more so for the PSP.

I'd happily buy this game, even more happily buy some sort of premium edition, as long as it comes on some sort of hardware. If it does come PSN only, I'll probably end up passing on it, which is rather sad considering how interested in it I am.

Re: Is this game even....

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:11 am
by LAMV
I hope for a UMD release but I wouldn't mind if it's PSN. Only thing is, I'm using my Mom's PSP and her memory stick isn't that big. I could only download Fate/Extra after getting rid of LittleBigPlanet. And that's with just ClaDun installed on it also.

The reason I never bought my own PSP because, well, I didn't need to yet. I am considering either asking for a bigger memory stick for Christmas or don't and just wait for the Vita to come out. Although it would be way past the holidays by the time it comes out for us, plus there would be Neptunia Mk-2 and Graces F to look forward to that time, so I don't know of my chances.

Re: Is this game even....

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:05 pm
by MulderYuffie
^ We aren't going to get the UMD release NISA doesn't care what fans think.

Re: Is this game even....

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:17 am
by Ringwraith
MulderYuffie wrote:^ We aren't going to get the UMD release NISA doesn't care what fans think.

It's less a case 'not caring' and more of it 'not being financially viable', as it would likely cost them more than they would get in return to get a UMD release due to the slowing down of the PSP's releases and it's rather niche target market anyway, so the numbers aren't going to be enough to make up for it.

Re: Is this game even....

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:03 am
by vampko
SaturnineTenshi wrote:
MulderYuffie wrote:^ We aren't going to get the UMD release NISA doesn't care what fans think.


Are you even a fan?

I think the answer to that one is quite obvious :lol:

Re: Is this game even....

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:33 am
by Shizuka
I'm going to state the obvious here: NISA cares what the fans say, so they're localizing Black Rock Shooter, but as NISA's also a company and need to do the best thing for them as well, it's going to be DD-only. There's nothing else to be said, really.

Re: Is this game even....

Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:35 pm
by Sylverias
Shizuka wrote:I'm going to state the obvious here: NISA cares what the fans say, so they're localizing Black Rock Shooter, but as NISA's also a company and need to do the best thing for them as well, it's going to be DD-only. There's nothing else to be said, really.


Offer a limited edition disc release that must be pre-ordered and costs enough to justify the manufacturing costs. Covers all the bases. This is NIS, they are the kings of the pre-order premium edition.

I keep reading this "it's a niche title" argument and that baffles me. I know it was an Atlus game, but did people forget the lesson that Catherine taught us already? And did I miss when the rest of NIS's titles became "main-stream"? This title is somehow MORE obscure than Hyperdimension Neptunia or ZHP? I'm sorry but the "it's niche" excuse doesn't hold water for me, not out of this company.

Re: Is this game even....

Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:11 pm
by Shizuka
Sylverias wrote:
Shizuka wrote:I'm going to state the obvious here: NISA cares what the fans say, so they're localizing Black Rock Shooter, but as NISA's also a company and need to do the best thing for them as well, it's going to be DD-only. There's nothing else to be said, really.


Offer a limited edition disc release that must be pre-ordered and costs enough to justify the manufacturing costs. Covers all the bases. This is NIS, they are the kings of the pre-order premium edition.

NISA did that with the first Badman game, stating that if they got at least one thousand pre-orders on their store, they'd print a limited number of copies for the game, but they never got the one thousand orders by the time the game was released, meaning there never was a physical version.

NISA did the same thing with Black Rock Shooter, having Siliconera creating a poll to gauge interest, with the exception that the Limited Edition won't have an UMD of the game, just the code for download. Honestly, if the Limited Edition did include a physical version of the game, I bet it'd be at least $30 more expensive, seeing as the Limited Edition will be limited, therefore making the cost of producing only a limited number of copies really expensive.

Re: Is this game even....

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:32 am
by Goldskarr
Sylverias wrote:I keep reading this "it's a niche title" argument and that baffles me. I know it was an Atlus game, but did people forget the lesson that Catherine taught us already?

I'm going a little off topic here, but wasn't Catherine... you know, advertised out the ass? I don't remember it on TV because why bother WATCHING TV, but it was a major story in most magazines I saw and places like Destructoid posted frequent news stories about it, plus I'm pretty sure it got great scores all around.

Hell, there has to be SOME reason my brother, who doesn't really like Japanese games anymore, picked it up for $50.