Kimi ni todoke

Official kimi ni todoke -From Me to You- Discussion Forum
Obake
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Kimi ni todoke

Postby Obake » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:40 pm

Ooh, new forum finally!

I'm very glad this is going to be released stateside. I still haven't seen the second season, but the first was great.

There's a good chance I won't be picking this one up right off the bat though. I'm not really into special editions for anime, and the artbook isn't going to do it for me for this one. The show wasn't unattractive, but that totally wasn't why I watched it.

shymel94
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Kimi ni todoke

Postby shymel94 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:46 am

I'm so excited for this to come out and that NISA is bringing the Blu-ray discs out too. I love the manga so much, it's one if my favorites.
3DS FC: 2148-8629-2994
PSN ID: sheena1278
Wii U FC: shy_mel

formerroadie
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby formerroadie » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:05 pm

Since i pre-ordered this at AX, do I get the pre-order price I started with? I'm just curious.

AsukaNeumaki
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby AsukaNeumaki » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:22 pm

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! My favorite localising company localising my favorite anime what a beautiful twist of fate
ImageImageImage

goldenwitch
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby goldenwitch » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:44 pm

Glad to see a forum too. Will buy Day One. Loved this series, hope to see the second season too.
http://www.nisamerica.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2293

formerroadie
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby formerroadie » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:25 pm

MORE NISA MORE NISA MORE NISA!

LeTrueNoir
Vassal
Vassal

Postby LeTrueNoir » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:18 am

When will pre-order start & how mooch x3

keiichimorisato
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby keiichimorisato » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:03 am

i was really hoping for this to be dubbed

Apairon
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Apairon » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:47 pm

Hey NIS stop screwing the dub fans. this is the second anime youv licensed that i was hoeping to see get a english dub and now thats lost forever. me and ALOT of other anime fans dont injoy the subs and when you do a sub only release we dub fans get left out in the cold. now i wont be able to injoy this title. there are other fans out there that your screwing. your a video game company get OUT of the anime industry if your not going to release titles for both the dub and sub fans. and before you mods go banging on about money again i DONT care thats just further prof that you shouldint be licensing anime if you dont have the money to do it right. im sick of you half baked companys trying to get your hand in the industry and the dub fans are the ones getting left out in the cold. this is another title that was on my wish list thats going to the never going to happen list now. you SUCK. o and go ahead and ban me i dont care. next time you steal a title from me that i was hoeping to see get a dub ill just make another account and bitch some more. O and before all of you allso say atleast its localized. WHO CARES? if you cant injoy it properly then its the same as NOT haveing it at all. ill stick with illegal streams for the one time watch if i actualy watch this. so please remember there are dub fans that dont like subs and your leavign us out in the cold. since you licensed this no other company can do a dub for it now and we dub fans have no hope anymore of seeing this in a form that wel like.

shymel94
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shymel94 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:10 pm

To the above poster, there is an interview somewhere in the general anime section of this board where a NISA employee stated that all of the anime they're bringing to us had no one else trying to bring it over here. While I am a big shojo fan, I understand that they're not that popular in America, hence why Funimation and others won't license that much shojo anime, like this title. The fact that we're getting the anime version of this at all is amazing. I myself prefer dubs but I would rather support a company that is bringing over a product I like than pirate because there is no English voice acting.
3DS FC: 2148-8629-2994
PSN ID: sheena1278
Wii U FC: shy_mel

keiichimorisato
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby keiichimorisato » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:21 am

i wish they had found good american actors and bubbled this instead of being cheap. i know the real reason is because of people hating american voice acting and i say shove off i don't care what you think i love the japanese voices but i always wondered what it would sound like if they got good american voice acting. i was hopping to be able to pay more attention as to what was going on screen than having to read subtitles my next play through. oh well ill still try to buy it even though i won't be fully satisfied with the product.

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:56 pm

The reason it's not dubbed is because NISA is a newcoming to licensing and they can't afford to dub everything right now. They've said that if a series is successful enough, they may go back to dub it, but right now they're just trying to pick up stuff that gets ignored by everyone else so that it doesn't fall into obscurity.
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

AsukaNeumaki
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby AsukaNeumaki » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:47 pm

To the one person who was whining, If this anime is popular in America it could get dubbed same happened to Dokuro and CLANNAD but they both got dubs after they were released subbed. Also go back to illegally streaming it. It lowers the chances for the show to dubbed if it doesn't get good sales.
ImageImageImage

xobmoob
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby xobmoob » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:21 pm

Still, thanks for the release. I've watched the previous season already & love it. It has a lot of goodies in it, especially the story & the characters. Been a big Anime fan most of my life, so I have a very strict view on Anime & this one didn't disappoint, not one bit. Unfortunately, some Animes get rewritten, in the most horrible way as possible. (*Point in case: Robotech & Harmony Gold*) Luckily, Kimi ni Todoke, released by NISA, has stayed true to the original.

Also, nearly every Anime released during the 4 separate seasons of, Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter get licensed right off the bat, and then some are scooped up even before they are shown on National Japanese Television. However, many Anime these days, are licensed off to buyers such as FUNimation, right after an episode airs for it's first time.

24lopezbuster
Peon
Peon

Postby 24lopezbuster » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:44 pm

Apairon wrote:Hey NIS stop screwing the dub fans. this is the second anime youv licensed that i was hoeping to see get a english dub and now thats lost forever. me and ALOT of other anime fans dont injoy the subs and when you do a sub only release we dub fans get left out in the cold. now i wont be able to injoy this title. there are other fans out there that your screwing. your a video game company get OUT of the anime industry if your not going to release titles for both the dub and sub fans. and before you mods go banging on about money again i DONT care thats just further prof that you shouldint be licensing anime if you dont have the money to do it right. im sick of you half baked companys trying to get your hand in the industry and the dub fans are the ones getting left out in the cold. this is another title that was on my wish list thats going to the never going to happen list now. you SUCK. o and go ahead and ban me i dont care. next time you steal a title from me that i was hoeping to see get a dub ill just make another account and bitch some more. O and before all of you allso say atleast its localized. WHO CARES? if you cant injoy it properly then its the same as NOT haveing it at all. ill stick with illegal streams for the one time watch if i actualy watch this. so please remember there are dub fans that dont like subs and your leavign us out in the cold. since you licensed this no other company can do a dub for it now and we dub fans have no hope anymore of seeing this in a form that wel like.

Haven't you read Daverost's explanation why it isn't dubbed yet? Why won't you just appreciate NIS's effort. I'm a dub fan too but would rather prefer subs than having nothing at all.

Return to “kimi ni todoke -From Me to You-”