Atelier Meruru coming out so soon?!?!?!

Official Atelier Meruru Discussion Forum
Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Re: Atelier Meruru coming out so soon?!?!?!

Postby Shizuka » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:52 pm

Rorona's ranged attack is what made me choose her, it does wonders when I'm fighting weaker enemies.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:59 pm

My preferred team is 'I DID IT!' and Mimi ~

for no reason other than they're both so gosh darned adorable =^-^=
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Mlada
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Mlada » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:20 am

LAMV wrote:My preferred team is YOU CAN'T DEFEAT ME and THIS IS STILL NOT ENOUGH. They've done me good for most of the game.

LOL, me too. Mimi mainly for her ending, and Sterk...well...it's Sterk. I really wanted to use Rorona more, but her defense seemed worse than Totori's to me (only because Totori can be guarded, whereas Rorona doesn't have that luxury and whenever I used her the monsters/beasts loved targeting her).

I was so surprised to learn that Meruru is coming out in the Spring time. No complaints here, especially since I'm probably going to pass on Neptunia 2 and I can't think of any other game at that time that would preoccupy me.

Thank you NISA! :D

DarkAdonis
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby DarkAdonis » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:03 am

Mine was Mel and Mimi until I realized how godly Sterk still was. I then proceeded to toss her out on the street. Note that a certain event involving her didn't help my situation any either.

LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:58 pm

DarkAdonis wrote:Mine was Mel and Mimi until I realized how godly Sterk still was. I then proceeded to toss her out on the street. Note that a certain event involving her didn't help my situation any either.

What was so bad that you wanted to keep her out of the party?

DarkAdonis
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby DarkAdonis » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:30 am

LAMV wrote:
DarkAdonis wrote:Mine was Mel and Mimi until I realized how godly Sterk still was. I then proceeded to toss her out on the street. Note that a certain event involving her didn't help my situation any either.

Spoiler:
She ditched me after we got into an argument
, so I was like, well, screw you, jerk!

Though it didn't help when Sterk did the exact same thing to me a few hours later, lol.

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:23 am

I really think they made Sterk a bit too godly, I can't help but feel that he'll still be godly in this :P But oh well, I like him anyways, it just seems odd that he overpowers all other characters from the look of things

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:44 am

I never use him, so I wouldn't know :lol:
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

DarkAdonis
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby DarkAdonis » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:24 am

Darcnova wrote:I really think they made Sterk a bit too godly, I can't help but feel that he'll still be godly in this :P But oh well, I like him anyways, it just seems odd that he overpowers all other characters from the look of things

I think its a given. I mean, have you seen his special attack's animation? I think he cuts the moon this time around, lol.

Prinny Overlord
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Prinny Overlord » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:53 pm

...I don't know why...but I just thought of that "Eye of the Tiger" reworded commercial a long time ago, the one that goes "Glen!..Glen, Glen, Glen!..." as so on, but replacing it with Sterk. "Sterk!..Sterk, Sterk, Sterk! Sterks the man...going to work. Got his sword...got ambition..."...Lol I feel old remembering that commercial. :oops:
Soul Nomad and HDN MKII Crossover Fanfic Cursed Sword.
Neptunia Major Crossover Fanfic Dimension Cross Chapter 3.

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:56 pm

DarkAdonis wrote:
Darcnova wrote:I really think they made Sterk a bit too godly, I can't help but feel that he'll still be godly in this :P But oh well, I like him anyways, it just seems odd that he overpowers all other characters from the look of things

I think its a given. I mean, have you seen his special attack's animation? I think he cuts the moon this time around, lol.

Yup, and now he's a white knight :P

LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:26 pm

DarkAdonis wrote:
LAMV wrote:

Spoiler:

Though it didn't help when Sterk did the exact same thing to me a few hours later, lol.

Wait, what? When was that? How did you trigger the scene?

EDIT:

I like it like that. The story makes him out as experienced and powerful and it shows in the gameplay. It's always weird when in RPGs the characters make a party member out to be all badass and strong in the storyline, but in the gameplay the scrawny protagonist still does more damage than he does.

DarkAdonis
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby DarkAdonis » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:51 am

Man, I dunno. I just played with her in my party for most of the game and the scenes came naturally as I wandered about doing my thang.

And yeah, Sterk is the oldest and most experienced party member. Not to mention that he's been wandering the wilds on his own since Rorona in search of the king. It'd be strange if he wasn't a bamf.

Mlada
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Mlada » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:33 am

LAMV wrote:
DarkAdonis wrote:
Spoiler:

EDIT:

I like it like that. The story makes him out as experienced and powerful and it shows in the gameplay. It's always weird when in RPGs the characters make a party member out to be all badass and strong in the storyline, but in the gameplay the scrawny protagonist still does more damage than he does.

They both come back, Sterk sooner than Mimi...and both events are required to get their ending flag anyway...Just think of Cory when it comes to Mimi in that case. It all works out of course...

As for Sterk, I liked it too, and for the same reasons. What I really hated (and this doesn't really apply here) was when you face a boss fight that's hard, and the boss character is a future party member. When he/she's an enemy that has 5k HP, but then get said character as a party member that only has 1k HP and none of those special attacks (or not yet after they join you)...well that's just bullshittery there...

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:56 am

Mlada wrote:
LAMV wrote:
DarkAdonis wrote:
Spoiler:

EDIT:

They both come back, Sterk sooner than Mimi...and both events are required to get their ending flag anyway...Just think of Cory when it comes to Mimi in that case. It all works out of course...

As for Sterk, I liked it too, and for the same reasons. What I really hated (and this doesn't really apply here) was when you face a boss fight that's hard, and the boss character is a future party member. When he/she's an enemy that has 5k HP, but then get said character as a party member that only has 1k HP and none of those special attacks (or not yet after they join you)...well that's just bullshittery there...

I hate that as well. LOTS of RPGs are responsible for this one.
Spoiler:

Return to “Atelier Meruru”