DON'T Forget to Preorder This! *SOLD OUT!!*

Official Atelier Meruru Discussion Forum
vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: DON'T Forget to Preorder This!

Postby vampko » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:13 pm

FetusZero wrote:it'll only have a dozen of tracks at best on one disc,

That hasn't happened really though. Totori had 32 tracks. Not just a 'dozen' >.>
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Sheleigha
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Sheleigha » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:28 pm

Ellipsis wrote:I'm not sure if I should preorder this... I'm not a huge Atelier fan although I've played a bit of an liked the first games, I'm just not sure if it's worth the extra money or not, any comments? Either way I'll get the game, just iffy on the limited edition

If you think you'll regret it later for the goodies, I say go for it. If worst comes to worst, you can always keep it sealed, look more into the game, and if you really decide its not for you, you can sell it.

FetusZero
Vassal
Vassal

Postby FetusZero » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:06 am

vampko wrote:

That hasn't happened really though. Totori had 32 tracks. Not just a 'dozen' >.>

I had to recheck since my soundtrack is back in the box it came in, and you're right. My mistake on this, thanks for pointing it out.

Compared to the actual OST, it still is disappointing though. 32 tracks instead of 62, and if we go the Meruru way, even if they include 32 tracks, compared to the 111 tracks of the OST it's even more disappointing (a bit less than the dozen tracks though lol). It won't be as disappointing as Neptunia's soundtrack though, which doesn't even include the opening theme -_-

That being said, for me it's disappointing since I already own the OST, but for someone who doesn't have it it's of better value.
-.The.Fear.of.Blood.Tends.to.Create.Fear.for.the.Flesh.-

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:20 am

FetusZero wrote:
vampko wrote:

I had to recheck since my soundtrack is back in the box it came in, and you're right. My mistake on this, thanks for pointing it out.

Compared to the actual OST, it still is disappointing though. 32 tracks instead of 62, and if we go the Meruru way, even if they include 32 tracks, compared to the 111 tracks of the OST it's even more disappointing (a bit less than the dozen tracks though lol). It won't be as disappointing as Neptunia's soundtrack though, which doesn't even include the opening theme -_-

That being said, for me it's disappointing since I already own the OST, but for someone who doesn't have it it's of better value.

It's not really 'disappointing'. It's not often the 'FULL' soundtrack gets brought over with pre-order goodies in a localization. And with Nep orig we got the exact same soundtrack as the JP release got, and we actually got MORE songs with the Mk2 soundtrack than the JP release got.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Mlada
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Mlada » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:26 am

Yeah, this is usually expected, but I still find it disappointing that it ususally picks the songs I could care less for while leaving off my favorites...LOL. I don't know if that'll be the case with Meruru, but it's usually my luck.

That, and I'm so damn tired of partial OST's in lieu of more unique/different (as in other than OST's and mini artbooks) options for a special edition since it's so damn common. That and partial OST's have you craving for the full one, but full OST's never get imported, so you have to spend a fortune to get it overseas...I miss pins, keychains, and game-unique items...Which was why I was remotely happy for Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky's Limited Edition set...

Okay, I've ranted about that concept far too much now...I'll get off my soapbox now...LOL

lordryo
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby lordryo » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:28 am

I still haven't placed my pre-order for this. I don;t know if I'll be be able to. :?
"For all of your Neptunia needs, there's an Aph for that"
Harvestasha!

Mlada
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Mlada » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:41 am

lordryo wrote:I still haven't placed my pre-order for this. I don;t know if I'll be be able to. :?

NOOO! BUT YOU MUST!

Actually, and this may be me jinxing it, but I don't know if the Atelier games are better selling than the Neptunia games, or if the LE Neptunia sets were printed in much fewer numbers on purpose due to the Totori game still being available through NISA. What I mean is that Neptunia 1 came out and it was hard to find, perhaps to not expecting this obscure title to sell as well as it did. Then Atelier Totori came out, and there's still some left over (unless they just recently got sold out). Neptunia 2 (that's what I'm calling it LOL) came out and once again, sold extremely well and is out.

My guess is that the Neptunia games appealed to a massive perverted community (as it was very much marking them as the demographic whether one can label the game as such or not) that doesn't attend forums or so forth, but the Atelier games appealing to those that like the cute stuff just couldn't compete. After all, sex [appeal] sells... :P

That said, I won't say that it's perfectly safe to not preorder either, as this is the first time an Atelier limited edition set is strictly NISA exclusive. I also have no earthly idea as to how many copies they even plan on making...

lordryo
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby lordryo » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:51 am

I believe the Neptunia series just might be more popular overall. The issue with the original Neptunia was most likely due to the fact that NISA was unsure of exactly how well it would sell. The issue was corrected with Mk2, however it still sold out. I believe one of the previous Arland games sold out on NISA's store. I seriously don't want to take a chance here. But the problem is sorta out of my hands. :?
Harvestasha!

vertical09
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vertical09 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:18 pm

Man, i wanna get the premium edition but i gotta save up for a more than possible localization of infinite souls and tales of xillia. Guess i'll have to go standard with this one :D better than nothing.

lordryo
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby lordryo » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:31 am

If Infinite Souls gets released, it wont be for a while. Xillia is a given at this point, but still ways away. My problem is trying to get Meruru's LE and Disgaea 3. I guess I would be hurting much if I didn't get the sweet screen cloth with D3.
Harvestasha!

myskaros
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby myskaros » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:00 pm

Don't you only save like $5 by getting Dis3 on PSN? Or is it significantly cheaper somewhere else? Because, if you want the cloth, it's still retail price.

lordryo
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby lordryo » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:14 pm

I prefer retail copies of my games. Besides, at the moment, I only possess a 4GB memory card for my Vita.
Harvestasha!

myskaros
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby myskaros » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:37 pm

lordryo wrote:I prefer retail copies of my games. Besides, at the moment, I only possess a 4GB memory card for my Vita.

If you're going to get Dis3Vita anyway, why not get it from NISA's store and get the cloth? It costs the same as getting it retail. That's what I was trying to say O.o

lordryo
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby lordryo » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:06 pm

myskaros wrote:
lordryo wrote:I prefer retail copies of my games. Besides, at the moment, I only possess a 4GB memory card for my Vita.

If you're going to get Dis3Vita anyway, why not get it from NISA's store and get the cloth? It costs the same as getting it retail. That's what I was trying to say O.o

Oh, well of course that's what I'd do...if I could. Money is gonna be tight for a few, I don't know if I'll be able to get Meruru and D3. Seeing how Meruru's LE is, well, limited, it becomes my highest priority. D3 I can get later, as a retail copy, without the cloth and not be bothered much.
Harvestasha!

Miyuka
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Miyuka » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:36 pm

I hope I can pre-order this next week! :D
I'm 16! Yaaaaaaaaaaay :D

Return to “Atelier Meruru”