DON'T Forget to Preorder This! *SOLD OUT!!*

Official Atelier Meruru Discussion Forum

Re: DON'T Forget to Preorder This!

Postby FetusZero » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:07 pm

Mana_Trinity wrote:Thanks FetusZero and Sheleigha!!!

Sure thing :]
-.The.Fear.of.Blood.Tends.to.Create.Fear.for.the.Flesh.-
FetusZero
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Rednal » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:04 pm

Oh. The preorder for this was up.

*Orders*

=D

And I still have to beat Totori!

OTL
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29
Spoiler:
Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby RonXSilva » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:13 pm

Welp I just preordered... God my wallet hates me iv been spending so much money on games >_>
RonXSilva
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Ellipsis » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:09 pm

I'm not sure if I should preorder this... I'm not a huge Atelier fan although I've played a bit of an liked the first games, I'm just not sure if it's worth the extra money or not, any comments? Either way I'll get the game, just iffy on the limited edition
Ellipsis
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Yokura » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:52 pm

I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS DAY. And I think my previous post went poof somewhere, did I forget to hit the submit button or something.

*pokes student refunds* ... refund faster!
Yokura
Peon
Peon

Postby FetusZero » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:37 pm

Ellipsis wrote:I'm not sure if I should preorder this... I'm not a huge Atelier fan although I've played a bit of an liked the first games, I'm just not sure if it's worth the extra money or not, any comments? Either way I'll get the game, just iffy on the limited edition

If you aren't a big fan, then I'd go with the standard edition just to save a few bucks. If you want an awesome t-shirt though, definitely hurry up and pre-order that limited edition!

But just to give you a better idea of how I personally see it:
- The soundtrack included isn't worth it considering it'll only have a dozen of tracks at best on one disc, while the Original Soundtrack contains 3 discs, totaling 111 tracks. The same was true of Atelier Totori's premium edition that included such a small soundtrack while the OST had 2 discs with a total of 62 tracks. It isn't so bad when the games do NOT have an Original Soundtrack (like Neptunia for example), but considering that the Atelier series does, it makes it worthless from my point of view since I already own the original soundtracks for the 3 Arland games. It might be of better value for someone who can't afford to import them though, especially considering they each cost more than that additional $15 for the Premium.

- An artbook is great and all, but isn't anything to go crazy about since you'll take it out maybe once or twice to check it out and then store it. It's a nice goodie for really big fans of the series, but otherwise the only other reason you may want it is because of your "collectors" heart. However, with the Atelier Series: Official Chronicles artbook released, I wonder if this one is worth it. This too, however, is more expensive than the additional $15. It's pretty good for display though, but nowhere near as great as displaying my Helghast helmet from my Killzone 3 Collector's Edition, or displaying my awesome Triggerheart Exelica dreamcast copy (one of my favorite shmup out there). Oh, and it also comes with the standard edition, probably only if you order directly from NISA though.

- The t-shirt is precious though, and I'll definitely enjoy it. It only comes in LARGE though, so if it isn't your size, you can't do much with it. And simply enough, you could easily get a shop to do the exact same t-shirt if you wanted to, but probably for a bit more than $15 once more.

In then end, $15 more than the standard edition is a good price for a Premium edition of this scale. One of the only reasons I pre-ordered it is because I always need to get the limited editions of the series I love.. and the t-shirt. If it weren't for these, I probably would of went with the Standard edition. So in the end, with this specific edition, it mainly comes back to whether you enjoy collecting limited editions or not in my opinion, and not because it offers amazing goodies like you've never seen before.

That t-shirt weirdly reminds of my Blood+ one, only because I got it within the first (or second, don't quite remember) box set. One had a t-shirt and the other had a beanie (which unfortunately, was extremely small and so I can't wear it. I'll stick to my Killzone 2 beanie then). Oh, and which was a hell lot more expensive than Meruru's Premium edition.
FetusZero
Vassal
Vassal

Postby vampko » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:13 pm

FetusZero wrote:it'll only have a dozen of tracks at best on one disc,

That hasn't happened really though. Totori had 32 tracks. Not just a 'dozen' >.>
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
vampko
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Sheleigha » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:28 pm

Ellipsis wrote:I'm not sure if I should preorder this... I'm not a huge Atelier fan although I've played a bit of an liked the first games, I'm just not sure if it's worth the extra money or not, any comments? Either way I'll get the game, just iffy on the limited edition

If you think you'll regret it later for the goodies, I say go for it. If worst comes to worst, you can always keep it sealed, look more into the game, and if you really decide its not for you, you can sell it.
Sheleigha
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby FetusZero » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:06 am

vampko wrote:

That hasn't happened really though. Totori had 32 tracks. Not just a 'dozen' >.>

I had to recheck since my soundtrack is back in the box it came in, and you're right. My mistake on this, thanks for pointing it out.

Compared to the actual OST, it still is disappointing though. 32 tracks instead of 62, and if we go the Meruru way, even if they include 32 tracks, compared to the 111 tracks of the OST it's even more disappointing (a bit less than the dozen tracks though lol). It won't be as disappointing as Neptunia's soundtrack though, which doesn't even include the opening theme -_-

That being said, for me it's disappointing since I already own the OST, but for someone who doesn't have it it's of better value.
FetusZero
Vassal
Vassal

Postby SaturnineTenshi » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:29 am

I'm really hoping there's some sort of premium edition in stores. Otherwise, I'll just end up with the standard. :(
"He had warned them it clogged reason; they had reasoned they had no reason."
STEAM | "An argument in favor of double yandere love."
SaturnineTenshi
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:20 am

FetusZero wrote:
vampko wrote:

I had to recheck since my soundtrack is back in the box it came in, and you're right. My mistake on this, thanks for pointing it out.

Compared to the actual OST, it still is disappointing though. 32 tracks instead of 62, and if we go the Meruru way, even if they include 32 tracks, compared to the 111 tracks of the OST it's even more disappointing (a bit less than the dozen tracks though lol). It won't be as disappointing as Neptunia's soundtrack though, which doesn't even include the opening theme -_-

That being said, for me it's disappointing since I already own the OST, but for someone who doesn't have it it's of better value.

It's not really 'disappointing'. It's not often the 'FULL' soundtrack gets brought over with pre-order goodies in a localization. And with Nep orig we got the exact same soundtrack as the JP release got, and we actually got MORE songs with the Mk2 soundtrack than the JP release got.
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
vampko
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby SaturnineTenshi » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:32 am

The full soundtrack is generally sold separately, and at around 3,000¥ or higher.
"He had warned them it clogged reason; they had reasoned they had no reason."
STEAM | "An argument in favor of double yandere love."
SaturnineTenshi
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Mlada » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:26 am

Yeah, this is usually expected, but I still find it disappointing that it ususally picks the songs I could care less for while leaving off my favorites...LOL. I don't know if that'll be the case with Meruru, but it's usually my luck.

That, and I'm so damn tired of partial OST's in lieu of more unique/different (as in other than OST's and mini artbooks) options for a special edition since it's so damn common. That and partial OST's have you craving for the full one, but full OST's never get imported, so you have to spend a fortune to get it overseas...I miss pins, keychains, and game-unique items...Which was why I was remotely happy for Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky's Limited Edition set...

Okay, I've ranted about that concept far too much now...I'll get off my soapbox now...LOL
Mlada
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby lordryo » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:28 am

I still haven't placed my pre-order for this. I don;t know if I'll be be able to. :?
"For all of your Neptunia needs, there's an Aph for that"
Harvestasha!
lordryo
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Mlada » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:41 am

lordryo wrote:I still haven't placed my pre-order for this. I don;t know if I'll be be able to. :?

NOOO! BUT YOU MUST!

Actually, and this may be me jinxing it, but I don't know if the Atelier games are better selling than the Neptunia games, or if the LE Neptunia sets were printed in much fewer numbers on purpose due to the Totori game still being available through NISA. What I mean is that Neptunia 1 came out and it was hard to find, perhaps to not expecting this obscure title to sell as well as it did. Then Atelier Totori came out, and there's still some left over (unless they just recently got sold out). Neptunia 2 (that's what I'm calling it LOL) came out and once again, sold extremely well and is out.

My guess is that the Neptunia games appealed to a massive perverted community (as it was very much marking them as the demographic whether one can label the game as such or not) that doesn't attend forums or so forth, but the Atelier games appealing to those that like the cute stuff just couldn't compete. After all, sex [appeal] sells... :P

That said, I won't say that it's perfectly safe to not preorder either, as this is the first time an Atelier limited edition set is strictly NISA exclusive. I also have no earthly idea as to how many copies they even plan on making...
Mlada
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

PreviousNext

Return to Atelier Meruru