Cyberbullying

Got any off topic, random nonsense you wanna talk about? Do it here!
Alantor2013
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Cyberbullying

Postby Alantor2013 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:47 am

For some strange reason over the past few days, I have gotten over forums I disliked the most and learned to move on with my life. For some strange reason again, I have gotten over Lamefaqs and its trolls and some of its corrupted moderators and deleted my disque account so I can seek other gaming news. Have you conquer feelings of being trolled and cyberbullied in the net and how did you manage to overcome them?

Please share me your thoughts.
Asuna from Sword Art Online is actually hot! :P
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth IS
Record of Agarest War: Xover Edition

Romangelo
Vassal
Vassal

Re: Conquering trolling and cyberbullying.

Postby Romangelo » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:52 am

Never. Nobody can troll me, because I know how to deal with them and get them banned instead.

Lan-kun
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Lan-kun » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:31 pm

While not a case of mine (due to my understanding and nerves of steel attitude), I was able to help my little brother conquer stuff like this. Since he already looks up to me (though he doesn't outright mention it), projecting and making him adapt my mindset was as easy as thinking of me getting into a romantic situation with Nepgear.

Also, despite the fact that he became a troller of trolls because of this, he became one of the more reasonable (if only slightly) 12 year olds out there, so I say mission accomplished! :lol:
Spoiler:
In a dark, damp place known as the mind...

Doodle Nep: mAkE a CoMiC aBoUt Us, I dArE yOu. I'lL nEp YeR fAcE In If YoU dO.
Lan-kun: K.

Me fanfics lie within this link!

Alantor2013
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Alantor2013 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:33 pm

Lan-kun wrote:While not a case of mine (due to my understanding and nerves of steel attitude), I was able to help my little brother conquer stuff like this. Since he already looks up to me (though he doesn't outright mention it), projecting and making him adapt my mindset was as easy as thinking of me getting into a romantic situation with Nepgear.

Also, despite the fact that he became a troller of trolls because of this, he became one of the more reasonable (if only slightly) 12 year olds out there, so I say mission accomplished! :lol:

That's good to hear, Lan-kun.

zatrox
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby zatrox » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:50 am

四百二儒十燃やせ
[21:15:19] <zatrox> what the fuck is wrong with you, vampko
[21:15:23] <CirnoThe9> EVERYTHING

Alantor2013
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Alantor2013 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:34 pm

zatrox wrote:Image

Hey zatrox, what's that link supposed to mean if u don't mind me asking?

zatrox
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby zatrox » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:46 pm

Last edited by zatrox on Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
四百二儒十燃やせ
[21:15:19] <zatrox> what the fuck is wrong with you, vampko
[21:15:23] <CirnoThe9> EVERYTHING

Alantor2013
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Alantor2013 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:47 pm

Ah, I getcha.

Well, I'll tell you about how I got over Lamefaqs and its cruel trolls and sinister moderators, at first, I wanted to sue Lamefaqs and shut it down. I was really angry that I was treated unfairly on Lamefaqs and I was the victim of jokes and I often secretly visit there after I stopped going there to look at Lamefaqs' FF boards where those same trolls (One in particular) mock other games and directors, but as a few years go by, I suddenly felt calm and decided to forget all my troubles at Lamefaqs, its troll population and Lamefaqs' corrupted moderators. I felt better for some reason and moved on with my life.

Now I know one of the trolls I disliked on Lamefaqs is here on this site so he can get me banned from the forums, but I am not gonna let him get me angry and say something offensive. I am not gonna feed the trolls as the saying goes.

Alantor2013
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Speaking out against cyberbullying and trolling.

Postby Alantor2013 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:34 pm

Heya again. This is another anti-cyberbullying and anti-trolling thread.

I was wondering if there are people who speak out against cyberbullying and trolling? If so, how did you do it? Did you go to a news site and tell them you were bullied online and you or someone you know being trolled online and is deeply hurt about it? Share your thoughts here.

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Re: Speaking out against cyberbullying and trolling.

Postby lopez » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:24 am

I never understood why people don't just unplug. This isn't like real-life bullying where there's that face-to-face interaction. Don't like what someone says? Move on, block them, report them (if it's justifiable), etc...

I've seen people just take it and continue to be abused...and that just baffles me.

Alantor2013
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Re: Speaking out against cyberbullying and trolling.

Postby Alantor2013 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:05 pm

lopez wrote:I never understood why people don't just unplug. This isn't like real-life bullying where there's that face-to-face interaction. Don't like what someone says? Move on, block them, report them (if it's justifiable), etc...

I've seen people just take it and continue to be abused...and that just baffles me.

Yeah, I know. And the worst part, the bullies or trolls stalk their victims and post mean things about them from their safe haven and even wikis. But your words has wisdom in them. Move on, block them, report them (Which almost never works), etc... Hell, I have a stalker or two from the site where they bullied and trolled me so they can use whatever I said to make me angry and feed them. They even made a hurtful wiki about me on their own wiki page.

Edit: Hey, I noticed my topic has changed. Hey lopez, did you or PS (Prinny Supervisor) change it? If so, thanks. I honestly think it needs a better name and I sometimes make stupid and silly topic titles. :@

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Cyberbullying

Postby Rednal » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:07 am

The best way to handle it is to block it and move on. If you stop reacting, bullies get bored and go away.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

Alantor2013
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Alantor2013 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:28 am

Rednal wrote:The best way to handle it is to block it and move on. If you stop reacting, bullies get bored and go away.

That is correct. If I stop reacting, the cyberbullies and internet trolls will get bored and go away. Sometimes, the silent treatment and not responding to internet trolls and cyberbullies is the best way to deal with a bully or troll

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:24 pm

Rednal wrote:The best way to handle it is to block it and move on. If you stop reacting, bullies get bored and go away.

I can assure you that some of them are very persistent and hold a grudge and will not stop simply because you've stopped reacting.

Alantor2013
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Alantor2013 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:20 am

Porecomesis wrote:

I can assure you that some of them are very persistent and hold a grudge and will not stop simply because you've stopped reacting.

You're so right on this one, Pore. I even have two cyberbullies who want a reaction from me even if I stopped going to Lamefaqs. I bet they are mocking me and waiting for me to say something so they can use it as fuel for their bullying and trolling. Well, I am not gonna let that happen anymore. They will still mock me and bully me, but eventually, they'll stop even if they keep persisting.

Return to “Random Chat”