The Random posts of Doom thread!

Got any off topic, random nonsense you wanna talk about? Do it here!
Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: The Random posts of Doom thread!

Postby Porecomesis » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:48 pm

shadowmaksim wrote:Well, sometimes it's best to know when to give up. An honest attempt was made only to be met with constant and repeated failure over the course of a couple of months. Time to move on. Don't think I'm going to bother with any other options at this point as it's just not working out.

It's funny, the more I try to enter a community where I can discuss things I like with others, the more I realize that I just hate those very same communities due to how they conduct themselves. For once I'd like to enter a conversation over a particular topic without it turning into a complete and utter joke.

Then again, I've always known that I'm pretty anti-social so it's no wonder I can't remotely get along with anyone.

The thought occurs that, after repeated failures, the problem lies with you rather than them. Not saying the community is entirely blameless but perhaps a part of you needs to change rather than shrug its shoulders and go "Oh well".

Byzantian-Fandango
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Byzantian-Fandango » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:12 pm

...I wonder how many people are as much a fan of The Vex as I've become?
Amethytus Library's Latest Entry: *2015/09/27 - Trouble Witches: Nest of Disruption*

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:37 pm

What the heck is everyone doing?

Byzantian-Fandango
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Byzantian-Fandango » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:20 pm

Darcnova wrote:What the heck is everyone doing?

Don't know about the others, but I've been using an army of Bulblins and Vex to raid the entire Kirby realm and rescue all the Whippies.
Amethytus Library's Latest Entry: *2015/09/27 - Trouble Witches: Nest of Disruption*

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:13 pm

I've been playing a lot of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPK5jqdy-TI

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:57 pm

I've been writing. Got a surprising amount of work done, actually. Libraries are amazing things to isolate yourself from distractions with.

How about you? We don't talk a lot these days.

Lan-kun
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Lan-kun » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:58 pm

To make or not to make silly little comic strips featuring my growing collection of boredom-born Neptunia doodle abominations...

That is the question.
Spoiler:
In a dark, damp place known as the mind...

Doodle Nep: mAkE a CoMiC aBoUt Us, I dArE yOu. I'lL nEp YeR fAcE In If YoU dO.
Lan-kun: K.

Me fanfics lie within this link!

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:10 pm

Lan-kun wrote:To make or not to make silly little comic strips featuring my growing collection of boredom-born Neptunia doodle abominations...

That is the question.

Can't be anything worse than what's filling deviantArt as of current.

Byzantian-Fandango
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Byzantian-Fandango » Thu May 18, 2017 5:57 pm

All of a sudden this forum got even quieter... I don't think I've ever seen a four-day streak of no new posts happen before.

Lan-kun
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Lan-kun » Tue May 23, 2017 8:13 pm

Oh lordie...

As I was reading Dame Daffodil (thank you for mentioning this, Pore) I realized something.

Something really...really sad.

Spoiler:
I think I'm...falling out of love with Neptunia.
Spoiler:

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Tue May 23, 2017 10:58 pm

Lan-kun wrote:
Spoiler:
I think I'm...falling out of love with Neptunia

It's really is quite unfortunate to find yourself not really liking, even if it's only not as much, a series you previously once loved.

That said, I can't say I blame you for that. CH doesn't seem to really know what to do with the series, kind of putting the whole thing in this kind of rut. Kind of shows with all of the outsourcing regarding the spin-offs. Heck, even "MDN V-II" showed elements of it with some of the design decisions that were made there.

To be entirely honest, I've kind of fallen out of love with CH as a whole.

In the beginning, I've kind of regarding CH to be somewhat of an underdog in the early-to-mid 7th gaming generation. While their games were rough with pretty low production values, they just had a lot more charm which won me over:
- I loved "Cross Edge" with all of its cross-over shenanigans, to the point it's still one of my favorite PS3 games
- "Record of Agarest War" had a rather large scope, not to forget it was basically the spiritual successor to IF's "Netherland" series
- As mentioned above, early "Neptunia" didn't quite reach the rut it is in now and was just simple fun
- "Mugen Souls", which I just recently beat and caused this reflection, had interesting concepts, basically being CH's take on the "Disgaea" formula

While there's still the occasional game from CH that catches my interest, I liked "Trillion: God of Destruction" and am looking forward to "Mary Skelter" for example, the charm just doesn't feel like it's there anymore. Seems like the majority of their games now are just full of the most lowest denominator pandering instead of any imagination or effort.

I really miss that early era of CH...

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Wed May 24, 2017 2:06 am

Lan-kun wrote:Oh lordie...

As I was reading Dame Daffodil (thank you for mentioning this, Pore) I realized something.

Something really...really sad.

Spoiler:
I think I'm...falling out of love with Neptunia.

1) You're welcome. Also sorry for hooking you onto a weekly four-panel comic.
2) As shadow said... sorry to hear, friend. It really did a lot for us, didn't it? Helped us find each other, helped us find the stories we really loved to tell. We weaved some incredible magic, didn't we? My ego's still ridiculously pumped thanks to Hyperdimension Neptunia is Real!.

But... maybe that's it. That's the problem. We didn't care for Neptunia; we cared for the stories we could make from it. We saw characters like Neptune and Nepgear and thought "There are some things missing here. Entire sides, actually. Let's make them three-dimensional". We saw an empty world and thought "A world needs people. Let's bring this place to life". And we did, and it was fun. It was great. Heh, I miss the days when I pumped out whole chapters in a week or two.

I'm thinking the reason the Neptunia forums are dying is because of a growing disillusionment. We saw the first two games and thought "Wow! This world sounds great! I want to see more of it!" (Well, everyone did. I just thought the games were awful). We ignored the flaws and the characters because we thought they wouldn't be a problem once we got more of the world.

Only... we didn't. Hey, remember how they rebooted the series after the first game because "there was nowhere for the story to go"? Tragically hilarious now. The story's going in circles. "Competition drives Gamindustri forward," said Black Heart, and yet the world's at a standstill. We always knew this. But, as always, the greatest stories existed in our minds.

I reassure you: I want to finish Hyperdimension Neptunia is Real!. Chapter 39's on its way. :D

We need to talk more, by ze by. :D

shadowmaksim wrote:While there's still the occasional game from CH that catches my interest, I liked "Trillion: God of Destruction" and am looking forward to "Mary Skelter" for example, the charm just doesn't feel like it's there anymore. Seems like the majority of their games now are just full of the most lowest denominator pandering instead of any imagination or effort.

I really miss that early era of CH...

Well, when you spend all your time trying to find a goose that lays golden eggs, you're going to milk it for all its worth once you do.

Lan-kun
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Lan-kun » Wed May 24, 2017 1:05 pm

Welp, the forum decided to log me out while writing a post.

A rather...lengthy one as well.

Ain't that neat.

Spoiler:
SANDATTHEBEACH

Anyways...I'm still tired and exhausted due to the last few days and my recent recent headache, so lemme just say that you pretty much explained the reasons why I'm feeling this way about the Neps, Pore; shadow as well.

And yeah, sure. I'd be happy to chat. Just...gimme a few more days to recover first.
Spoiler:

Fanglier
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Fanglier » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:30 am

Seems like a lot of people have headaches here. Like, some kind of illness.

What the fuck do you guys eat?
I self identify as a trash compactor. Don't step on my eggshells m8.

Sumner
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Sumner » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:04 pm

Ugh, youtube and netsurfing has taken up time that would be spent posting here.
Meteor Breaker!

Return to “Random Chat”