Welcome to the fourth incarnation of Mafia on the NISA Forums. This time, I will be your host. For the most part, I intend to keep things pretty basic, as that seemed to work well enough last time. As a result, the rules won't be that much different than Simplicity Mafia with one major exception which will be discussed below.
Article I: Introduction
If you're a total Mafia newbie, I'd advise looking at this
so you can get a basic idea of what's going on. If you're still confused, just ask in the topic and either I or one of the other players can answer your question. Please note that I will not answer questions like "Who is Mafia" or "Who should we lynch?"
Article II: Rules
1) You sign up, you play the game. Playing this game effectively relies almost entirely on communication among the players. If you do absolutely nothing, you will either be a lynch target or incur the wrath of everyone else for your indolence. If you miss an entire game day (day phase+night phase), I reserve the right to kill off your character and find a suitable replacement.
2) Unless stated otherwise, day phases are 72 hours long and night phases are 48 hours long.
3) PMing among players is allowed. There will be a Mafia PM which I set up at the game's start where all official business will be conducted. CCing me on any PMs is completely optional. If you really want me to read something that you wrote, go for it. But if you want to stay secretive about it, that's your prerogative. My hope is that my role can be like the deist God: I just give you a push to start and then act only as needed.
4) If a majority of the currently living players at any point votes for one person to be lynched, that person is automatically marked for death. There are no exceptions and moving a vote around will be fruitless. Alternatively, if no majority is reached, the person with the most votes will be executed.
5) If there is a tie, the tie will be broken by random.org. One player will be assigned even numbers, one odd. If there is a three-way tie, I will explain that when it actually happens.
6) Role revealing is allowed. Obviously, you can lie about your role.
7) Roles will be revealed upon death.
8) What happens in PMs, stays in PMs. Don't go screenprinting or quoting anything from a PM.
9) Remember to have fun. This is a game, after all.
Article III: Scenario
The snow was falling lightly over the village of St. Nisa in the Swiss Alps and the Sun was just rising over the mountains. While much of the isolated town slept, a group of individuals were riding a cable car to a chalet at a nearby peak. These individuals did not know each other. The only thing they had in common is that they had been summoned to the chalet by their sole mutual acquaintance: Mr. Lyner Barfless. He had asked them to participate in a game with a hitherto unnamed fabulous prize. Drawn by the allure of a fabulous prize like a poorly-made catamaran, the group waited in eager anticipation as the cable car chugged to the top of the mountain, where the chalet awaited them.
The following people are alive and well as of right now:
11) Phoenix_Apollo-stabbed per vote on Day 1 (Franklin Blake-The Moonstone
) (Vanilla Devisee)
5) Xeras-poisoned by the Mafia on Night 1 (Obed Ramotswe-No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency series) (Vanilla Devisee)
1) Sjsharks182-Killed with the lead pipe per vote on Day 1 (Dr. Watson) (Doctor)
7) Lopez-Impaled on a putto'
s arrow in the Hall on Night 2. (Archie Goodwin-Nero Wolfe series) (Vanilla Devisee)
10) Dodge-garroted per vote on Day 3 (Brother Oswain-Cadfael series) (Vanilla Devisee)
2) Vampko-bludgeoned with the Candlestick on Night 3 (Philip Lombard-And Then There Were None
) Vanilla Devisee)
8) Disgaeablitz-shot by the Mafia on Night 3 (Amelia Peabody)(Detective)
3) Ubiquitor-had his neck snapped by a Mafia wrench on Night 3 (Captain Arthur Hastings-Poirot series)(Mason)
6) Bloodyaftertaste-pushed down the hall stairs by the Mafia on Night 3 (Cordelia Gray)(Mason)