Connections (original fic which uses P3's chars)

Got any off topic, random nonsense you wanna talk about? Do it here!
darkclaymore
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Connections (original fic which uses P3's chars)

Postby darkclaymore » Fri May 13, 2011 9:57 am

Okay, first. It ISN'T related to Persona. I just can't draw so I use whatever pics I can.
BUT, I believe I was inspired by P3 to some degree in this idea (like tarot cards) so that's the main reason I decided using P3's sprites.
Bet those of you who going to read it will hate me for taking P3's sprites and using them in such a lame work :roll:

Okay, now that I cleared this (and made most of you quit this thread :P ), I'll give the general summary:

Connections always exist. You may fail to see them at first, and yet they are there... buried beneath what people call 'common conception'

Genres: Psychological, Philosophical, Mystery, Supernatural

Summary: A collection of different stories which at first seem unrelated to each other, yet together form the plot. The story also has hidden criticism about humans and their actions. Revealing any more than this would become a spoiler so... just read it if you're interested.

Site: http://connections.thecomicseries.com/

Chapter 1
Chapter 2-1
Chapter 2-2
Chapter 3-1
Chapter 3-2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9-1
Chapter 9-2
Last edited by darkclaymore on Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:43 am, edited 6 times in total.
Click the pics. Don't ask why. Just DO IT.
ImageImageImage

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Connections (fanfic which uses P3's chars)

Postby vampko » Fri May 13, 2011 10:01 am

Bet those of you who going to read it will hate me for taking P3's sprites and using them in such a lame work

I betcha you're wrong ;)

Anyways, I will get this link put up on the hub.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

darkclaymore
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby darkclaymore » Fri May 13, 2011 10:04 am

vampko wrote:
Bet those of you who going to read it will hate me for taking P3's sprites and using them in such a lame work

I betcha you're wrong ;)

I hope I'm :?
ImageImageImage

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Fri May 13, 2011 10:07 am

FUUUUU.... that's alot of text. I'll probably read some next week :)

darkclaymore
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby darkclaymore » Sat May 14, 2011 5:41 am

lopez wrote:FUUUUU.... that's alot of text. I'll probably read some next week :)

Ummm... actually I think it only LOOKS like it has lots of text because I was writing in a not "organized" way a lot. Tried being creative and different 8-) or something along those lines :?
ImageImageImage

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Connections (original fic which uses P3's chars)

Postby vampko » Sat May 14, 2011 7:33 am

Oy...lots of spelling errors. If you do write something like this, I suggest writing the script out beforehand, and running it through spell check, THEN putting it with the pictures. Interesting style though. It gives a unique kind of feeling, the way you organize the text.

EDIT
Nowhere near finished, but this was what I noticed early on.
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

darkclaymore
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby darkclaymore » Sat May 14, 2011 7:45 am

vampko wrote:Oy...lots of spelling errors. If you do write something like this, I suggest writing the script out beforehand, and running it through spell check, THEN putting it with the pictures. Interesting style though. It gives a unique kind of feeling, the way you organize the text.

EDIT
Nowhere near finished, but this was what I noticed early on.

Yeah, it's a bad idea to work with painter alone without any program to check spelling :roll:
I don't know why I'm so lazy to do it. I always just copy the words I'm not sure about and check their spelling. But never full sentences or words which I believe are correct. Sadly: You see what you want to see so it probably turns out that I have more mistakes in simpler words.

But I'm impressed you actually have the motivation to read this... thing. Tnx ;)
ImageImageImage

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sat May 14, 2011 8:13 am

Finished the first three chapters, it's pretty interesting, but I'm gonna take a break from it for now. I'm pretty positive that unless chapter 4 and 5 become totally ridiculous I will want to read more of what you have.
Spoiler:

darkclaymore
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby darkclaymore » Sat May 14, 2011 8:21 am

vampko wrote:Finished the first three chapters, it's pretty interesting, but I'm gonna take a break from it for now. I'm pretty positive that unless chapter 4 and 5 become totally ridiculous I will want to read more of what you have.

Can't guarantee this won't happen :lol:
ImageImageImage

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sat May 14, 2011 8:40 am

darkclaymore wrote:
vampko wrote:Finished the first three chapters, it's pretty interesting, but I'm gonna take a break from it for now. I'm pretty positive that unless chapter 4 and 5 become totally ridiculous I will want to read more of what you have.

I don't believe you are capable of pulling off that.

Lemme show you a link to a story, and you can see how much I change the direction of the story each time I get a hold of it...
http://nisamerica.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4176
Spoiler:

darkclaymore
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby darkclaymore » Sat May 14, 2011 9:30 am

vampko wrote:
darkclaymore wrote:

Lemme show you a link to a story, and you can see how much I change the direction of the story each time I get a hold of it...

Isn't it harder to pull off something logical instead of ridiculous?
Or you mean something that is both logical and ridiculous in the same time? That's really hard.

And I couldn't get to your second input. Read only until page 12 because I'm a lazy reader. I write stuff but I'm lazy to read stuff. Might be one of the reasons for my poor writing skills :roll:
I'll keep reading when I have the chance to see what exactly you meant.
ImageImageImage

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sat May 14, 2011 7:26 pm

darkclaymore wrote:
vampko wrote:
darkclaymore wrote:

Isn't it harder to pull off something logical instead of ridiculous?
Or you mean something that is both logical and ridiculous in the same time? That's really hard.

And I couldn't get to your second input. Read only until page 12 because I'm a lazy reader. I write stuff but I'm lazy to read stuff. Might be one of the reasons for my poor writing skills :roll:
I'll keep reading when I have the chance to see what exactly you meant.

All you have to do is download the attachment that's at the latest post xD

That will have all the additions that have been made so far.
Spoiler:

darkclaymore
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby darkclaymore » Sun May 15, 2011 11:50 am

vampko wrote:All you have to do is download the attachment that's at the latest post xD

Yeah, I did download the latest one. But I needed to read the whole thing to see what exactly you meant.

Okay. So I finished today.
It wasn't something I'd call ridiculous. It was a great dark plot twist. My favorite thing :twisted:

I usually try to do something like that in my ideas. Though, in this story I can't say I really did it and in my TWEWY fanfic I... well... that's a long story.

But yeah, those are usually pretty hard to pull off. Especially in a story which isn't solely yours.
ImageImageImage

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sun May 15, 2011 1:23 pm

darkclaymore wrote:
vampko wrote:All you have to do is download the attachment that's at the latest post xD

Yeah, I did download the latest one. But I needed to read the whole thing to see what exactly you meant.

Okay. So I finished today.
It wasn't something I'd call ridiculous. It was a great dark plot twist. My favorite thing :twisted:

I usually try to do something like that in my ideas. Though, in this story I can't say I really did it and in my TWEWY fanfic I... well... that's a long story.

But yeah, those are usually pretty hard to pull off. Especially in a story which isn't solely yours.

Yeah, if you wanted, I'd bet people let you take on the next iteration of it. I'd be interested to see what you do.

While the plot I did wasn't exactly 'silly', it sure did throw all rules out the window, and turned the plot upside down ~

I love how I'm writing Erin :)

I do write like this quite often. My story will get much like this in the future as well. I always start off with things being all innocent, then start turning everything on its side. Happiness, is something I make my characters work for. But, happy ends are always guaranteed eventually.
Spoiler:

darkclaymore
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby darkclaymore » Sun May 15, 2011 1:40 pm

vampko wrote:Yeah, if you wanted, I'd bet people let you take on the next iteration of it. I'd be interested to see what you do.

I... rather not...
1) Too lazy
2) Don't really like writing "book-style". Even this story not exactly my kind of thing. I just wanted to try it out at least once.
3) My writing is rather poor anyway so :roll:

vampko wrote:While the plot I did wasn't exactly 'silly', it sure did throw all rules out the window, and turned the plot upside down ~

That's true. I was like "What the-? Oh, that's probably vampko's"

vampko wrote:I do write like this quite often. My story will get much like this in the future as well. I always start off with things being all innocent, then start turning everything on its side. Happiness, is something I make my characters work for. But, happy ends are always guaranteed eventually.

This I also enjoy doing :twisted:

Oh, and I found out that I can upload the rest of the chapters very easily because I don't have to cut most them (the "hassle" was to cut chapters which are too big for imageshack :P ) aside of one. And I now learned it's very easy to cut in photoshop... feel stupid for using paint all this time... :?
So I'll just post them in the first post :roll:
ImageImageImage

Return to “Random Chat”