- We will be playing mafia. Again. If you are new, then can try reading up on some of the old threads, and you can even try reading up on the mechanics of the game Here. If you have any further questions, feel free to PM me.
- 1. If you sign up, please try your best. If you are new, the veteran players will work and you can learn from them. However, make sure you post and try to contribute. If you don’t - someone will most likely try to lynch/kill you for lurking. Lurking is bad and isn't fun. Try to not do it.
2. Day Phases will last for roughly 72 hours, and night phases will last for roughly 48 hours. We will wait the full 48 hours each time, seeing as it is easy to obtain information based on who may have been PMing when the night ended.
3. The Day Phase may end early if the majority of the votes are cast for one person. Once we reach this number, that person will be lynched at the earliest convenience. After someone has reached a majority, Unvoting will be useless.
4. Other Game Masters like to use random.org for using random results. I personally have never trusted computers for true random. So, all instances where I need a random result will be resolved using cards. Besides, the beginnings of mafia were based on cards anyway.
5. You may PM players only during the day phase, unless of course, your role allows you to PM during the night phase.
6. Role Revealing will be okay. Remember, people can always lie about their roles
7. I will reveal the alignment when someone is killed. Their Class will not be revealed.
8. Please do not screen print or quote any PMs from me or other players. This can really break the game.
9. We will start with a night phase.
10. There will be no lynch free days, nor will there be a global random lynch.
11. Don’t give any information to the dead. You never know if they may pop back.
12. Ah, all roles will be gender insensitive. I’m much too lazy to find names for both genders for my special roles.
13. Finally, this game is better when everyone has fun. Try to not to get hung up on the tiny details.
Game Specific Rules
- 1. Welcome to Paradigm Shift. We will have a night vote. I will list six different paradigms, and the jobs associated with them. The active members will then vote for the next paradigm. It will come into effect during the next day phase, and end at the end of the next night phase.
2. I wanted to point out that only name and alignment will be listed upon death. Their job will not be listed.
3. Please keep night time activities to selecting a Paradigm Shift, and not scum hunting.
Breaking Down the Paradigm Shift
- Now, I understand that this may difficult to understand at first, but with a round or two, we should be able to get it down. During the night phase the town will be given up to six paradigms to choose from. They will be broken down by class and the paradigm’s name. For example we have
- (White Mage, Defender, Thief) [Premeditation]
(Time Mage, Alchemist, Priest) [Recuperation]
(Gunner, Summoner, Paladin) [Offensive Screen]
(Geomancer, Squire, Red Mage) [Dirty Fighting]
(Berserker, Black Mage, Wizard) [Malevolence]
(Scholar, Sage, Blue Mage) [Variety]
We will have the entire night phase (48 hours) to choose a Paradigm Shift. So let’s assume that [Malevolence] reached the majority. The primary abilities for Berserker, Black Mage, and Wizard will come in effect at the beginning of the day phase, and the effects will last until the end of the night phase.
Still in the Cosmos (9/14)
- 5) Redhorse - Sephiroth [Summoner - Mafia Commando] (Final Fantasy VII) Survived
9) Necro - Kefka [Red Mage - Mafia Saboteur] (Final Fantasy VI) Survived
11) LadyNeptune JerichoDeath - Dr. Cid [Priest - Mafia Medic] (Final Fantasy XII) Survived
13) MizuMikomi - Ultimecia [Wizard - Mafia Ravager] (Final Fantasy VIII) Survived
Too far gone for a Phoenix Down (5/14)
- GameXtra - Kuja [Bullet Proof Serial Killer] (Final Fantasy IX) was impaled day one.
Empty Overture - Ramza [Squire - Commando] (Final Fantasy Tactics) died from a shattered cold heart on night one.
MiroDude - Rosa [White Mage - Medic] (Final Fantasy IV) Had her beauty permanently scarred on day two.
DarkClaymore - Hope [Time Mage - Synergist] (Final Fantasy XIII) ended up losing.... hope on night two.
Quillbell - Strago [Sage- Ravager] (Final Fantasy VI) got crushed by his age on day three.
SjSharks182 - Vaan [Thief - Saboteur] (Final Fantasy XII) died from using his head to much on evening 3.
Vampko - Relm [Scholar - Medic] (Final Fantasy VI) got a wing, but forgot her prayer on evening 3.
PringlesXD - Vivi [Black Mage - Ravager] had his mind blown on evening 3.
Ubi - Snow [Defender - Sentinel] (Final Fantasy XIII) let his vital guard down on evening 3.
ShadowJetX - Rikku [Alchemist - Synergist] (Final Fantasy X) was shocked by the result on evening 3.
Paradigm Shift Options
Next Game Host Queue!
- 1) Claymore?
5) Empty Overture ("Overchan")