Bugs / Glitches

Official Mugen Souls Discussion Forum
chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Re: Bugs / Glitches

Postby chouchou's peon » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:20 pm

Thanks for the advice but anyways, here's another weird thing that''s not a bug but more of a naming error.

How come Tsukika is ditz affinity but her attacks graceful and how come Elka is graceful but has ditz attacks? They messed up with this in some of the monsters too, I guess the programmers did some last minute changes before proofreading everything.

In Mugen Souls Z, Tsukika is graceful and Elka is ditz though.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:15 pm

Speaking of naming things, I can guess some of the origins of weird terms in this game such as Nhaos (used to pronounce it Nahaos) which is a cute word, ten symbol cut and flash after wondering trying to figure out how to play Mugen Souls Z.

I'm guessing nhaos was the Japanese word for cure, "naosu"?

10 symbol cut is called that because the Chinese symbol for 10 is a "cross" shape?

Flash is a weird one, I used to think it was talking about light bulb flashes or Adobe Flash but they are talking about flash as in, "a single quick swipe"?

Edit: Now why did I even write this on the bug/ glitch thread?
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

MegaManZXAvant
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby MegaManZXAvant » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:09 pm

About the Data Install does that even lessen the loading times at all? Can that cause issues like slow downs or freezing?

Is it normal for custom made Peons to be basically naked (underwear) after you make them? The job costumes don't seem to work at all and I seem to be forced to buy or get costumes for them to wear otherwise they are in nothing but their underwear.

I have the US release btw & got it via eBay Brand New for $27.99
PSN Friend Requests are very welcome just don't leave it blank or I will reject it.
Hummingbird Facebook Player.me YouTube Twitter

greenzsaber
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby greenzsaber » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:40 pm

Never tried it without the install but the loading times and framerate issues are still very noticeable with the install, and the game does tend to freeze occasionally.

Yes, all created peons will be in their underwear until you actually outfit them. It's not like Disgaea unfortunately where each class has their own outfit.
Spoiler:

MegaManZXAvant
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby MegaManZXAvant » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:25 pm

greenzsaber wrote:Never tried it without the install but the loading times and framerate issues are still very noticeable with the install, and the game does tend to freeze occasionally.

Yes, all created peons will be in their underwear until you actually outfit them. It's not like Disgaea unfortunately where each class has their own outfit.

I've never played Disgaea so I would not know that. I had to delete the install then reinstall it since I had to force the PS3 to shutdown since Mugen Souls locked up when trying to view Chou-Chou's status screen, that seemed to of made it load faster after that.
PSN Friend Requests are very welcome just don't leave it blank or I will reject it.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:18 pm

Welcome to the forums, Megaman.

Oh yeah, getting stuck on the loading screen happens a lot, I think after it happens for the first few times, it'll eventually disappear.

I gotta test out this data install later.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

MegaManZXAvant
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby MegaManZXAvant » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:32 am

Kyupo wrote:As for the config menu, it's just not letting me keep the settings after I completely quit out of the game and come back to it, even though I do apply and save the settings. Interesting thing is though if I quit to the main menu while in-game so your on the title screen it'll still keep the settings and after I reload a save of course while on the main title menu, it's just when I decide to take a break (switch off console, go back to the XMB) and come back to the game I have to keep resizing my screen and changing some stuff around to my liking.

Just have zero idea what to do about it, it's a minor issue but just really tedious having to keep doing it over and over again and I still dunno if it's just limited to me or not XD...

*Late reply but better late then never*

You can just ignore that about the screen size once you load your saved data it will go back to what you have it set in the config menu. I would not worry about the screen size while on the main menu.

I know normally in these kinds of games they would auto load the most resent save data (its also true not all games do this) so those settings in the config menu will take effect before you even start playing your save file (this would no doubt be a more desired feature).

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:14 pm

Not a major bug but something 100's of other people probably noticed. It seems like numbers with too many digits get some knocked offed.

Damage on the bottom screen (circled in orange) is much greater than the damage actually showing (yellow arrow) which is missing the first "3" so it says 37,393,420 instead of 337,393,420.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:39 pm

I just found a pretty useful glitch I can take advantage of when a crystal affect disables Peon Ball.

When you form change and then immediately get to the "Peon Ball" command, it becomes available even though it is disabled.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Return to “Mugen Souls”