Mugen Souls ( need's a good Wiki )

Official Mugen Souls Discussion Forum
chrisalddin
Majin
Majin

Mugen Souls ( need's a good Wiki )

Postby chrisalddin » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:32 am

Mugen Souls need a good wiki like the one for Disgaea has.

and befor some one said that a good idea you make it ( my spelling, typeing and grammer are cr*p.
so dont ask me.

but i love to see some one make a good wiki for this game :)

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Mugen Souls ( need's a good Wiki )

Postby ZekeFreek » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:54 pm

Meh. Te Disgaea wiki itself is kind of mediocre.

I am working on the TvTropes character page. Feel free to copy off me when I'm done if it helps any.
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:15 pm

Here's a page of the Mugen Souls wikia, it's currently staying alive because of two hard working people giving up their free time to help new comers play the game.

I appreciate these guys so much that I joined the wikia just to encourage them and hope that others plan on doing the same. It is hard to believe that two people were almost able to make a complete wikia all by themselves.

http://mugen-souls.wikia.com/wiki/Mugen_Souls_Wiki
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:44 pm

Blackchaosdragon wrote:Thats rather interesting, i take it that they're still at it?
perhaps when i get a bit more time i'll take a peek at it

Yes, they are still at it surprisingly. I remember seeing this wikia back in March and it was a very sad scene to look at. Now it's getting a lot better, almost looks like a real wikia page and it's only done by two people who haven't even beaten the game yet.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:57 pm

Blackchaosdragon wrote:I see maybe i ought to help em out too but i doubt there's much else i can add if they haven't already added it plus ...Was it really that bad? but now im sure its way better well not that i would know ...

Sounds pretty good, worked with a wikia before Bosschaosdragon? I wrote the page for Sun World and Chou-Chou Masochist by the way lol.

The wikia back then just a page that said "This is Mugen Souls for PS3 published by NISA". 1 page on this wiki. It has about 100,000 times more content than it did when I first saw it.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:07 pm

Hahaha, I see you edited a Chou-Chou page on this wikia Master BCD.

So navigating through wikia's are tough huh?

I added the Sun World page myself. Don't remember where I put it. We're beginners of the of the wiki, don't know how to make it easy to navigate. I just used the "Search" feature to find my page.

http://mugen-souls.wikia.com/wiki/Sun_World
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:08 pm

Blackchaosdragon wrote:Oh yeah you're gozial on the page right? and likewise im pretty much a beginner myself so its gotta be trial and error.
I'll be editing the wiki little by little when i get time though my wording may need to be fixed to make it easier to understand for beginners of the game

That's right, I'm a gorilla fused with Godzilla. It's not that bad working on a wiki. I don't know how to make things link to other articles and that's why nothing is clickable on Sunday World XD.

Blackchaosdragon wrote:... does anyone have any pictures of bell?
stock ones i cant seem to find any

I haven't been working on the wiki since I've recently been busy taking snapshots of ingame dialogue pictures and cleaning the out backgrounds. I can start working on Bell next when I get home :)
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:55 pm

I like how you were obedient and went to inform the boss that you were working on the wikia. I think I should go do that as well...
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:25 pm

I didn't say hello to the leader of the wiki when I joined it lol.

Yesterday I just fixed Dees' profile. They labeled her as a Human and an Occupation: Demon Lord.

I changed her to Android and Humanoid Weapon and commented about her weight lol.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:37 pm

That's right, I was a noob and didn't see the most the boss of the wikia made so I just edited right away.

Editing Graceful in the Mugen Field section, nice. This wikia doing pretty well now but I do have a couple questions about the wikia.

How come the JP version of the Mugen Souls wiki is like a strategy guide but this one is more of a regular wiki?
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

greenzsaber
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby greenzsaber » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:22 am

There's also a lack of people playing the game and contributing. Just look at how many on here are playing the sequel and not the first one. As far as I'm concerned, all the necessary info was pretty much touched on months ago and can be found elsewhere, so I don't think making something in the league of the JP wiki would be of much help. It would be quite a task for a few people to do that anyways. Hell, it was already such a pain for me to write up all that stuff on the game since almost nobody was at the endgame, meaning all endgame content had to be verified alone.
Spoiler:

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:54 pm

Blackchaosdragon wrote:Its not that people cant make it like the JP one... but and other site like Gamefaqs cater to the information thats needed immediately shampuru data and stuff so .... in other word you could say is just that people want the info faster and readily available than waiting for it to be added to a wikia also it depends where most people are gonna look up. well thats my take on it anyway.

But Damn no edits made today... well i got the info i'll add it tomorow :|

Good point, there's no need to make multiple places for strategies for the game. I guess Japanese people don't have things like Gamefaqs so they made a wiki-style strategy guide.

No need to work hard on the wiki, we all have our own lives to live.

greenzsaber wrote:There's also a lack of people playing the game and contributing. Just look at how many on here are playing the sequel and not the first one. As far as I'm concerned, all the necessary info was pretty much touched on months ago and can be found elsewhere, so I don't think making something in the league of the JP wiki would be of much help. It would be quite a task for a few people to do that anyways. Hell, it was already such a pain for me to write up all that stuff on the game since almost nobody was at the endgame, meaning all endgame content had to be verified alone.

No worries greenzsaber, I've read the entire guide on PSN Trophies. I think out of all the people who played Mugen Souls recently on this forum, I'm the only one who has done the post ending multiple times and visited the Sun Goddess. All I have left is Shampuru farming which only takes time.

I do use the Shampuru guide and the Vegabond and Metallic Lady trick as well, got up to 400%.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:41 pm

The Mugen Souls Z page to the Mugen Souls wikia has been added by a random wikia contributor. It looks like sharing the wiki at is proving it's worth. I wish they add some more sections to the page, I'd be glad to fill it up with info.

I can see why writing a wiki for Mugen Souls is hard, for one, the franchise only has one game in the series localized game. If they get some more things in the franchise localized such as a television animation, comics or more games in the series, I'm sure giving info about the game would be easier. The Mugen Souls series is not as straightforward as it seems and most people do not understand the lore of the game. Even after completing the story, there is still a lot left to do and many things unexplained.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:01 pm

Blackchaosdragon wrote:Also what unexplained is how demon lords and hero's came into being i assume chou chou never needed to have them in her original planet before it split to seven i can venture a few guesses but thats it.

Sounds like a good idea for a fan fiction, I'd like to make a Mugen Souls fan game anyways. Dang IF and Compa always giving their main characters with amnesia :(
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:18 pm

Blackchaosdragon wrote:It only took 500 years but looks like i finished ... yay

Finished up some fanfics? Nice edits to the wiki btw.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Return to “Mugen Souls”