Mugen Souls ( need's a good Wiki )

Official Mugen Souls Discussion Forum
chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Re: Mugen Souls ( need's a good Wiki )

Postby chouchou's peon » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:46 pm

Blackchaosdragon wrote:I see so basicly all compa (well current) games are liceanced by preapp huh but since they are getting a special mention just how much are they making out of these? they're still a company so maybe profits are split somewhat?

Seems like, so now I feel like asking them this question. Maybe I shouldn't have asked that.

http://nisamerica.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14140&p=716186#p716186
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:32 pm

Blackchaosdragon wrote:No, no im sure it was fine. We needed to know ;)
Houk did answer it So yeah.... anyways so it was started by nisa former pres huh? that does explain quite a bit but localization company...not a big one but yeah that's the term that hit me.

PREAPP might be why Mugen Souls Z got a physical release but not Arcadia Princess which was an actual NIS game.

On the wiki it self man it looking really good now its still hard to find the characters though :lol:

That's true, it's not really designed for navigation yet.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:10 pm

Blackchaosdragon wrote:Heh i had to find belliera by looking though the recent activity rather than characters .... but i was thinking of adding a bit of a more comical tone but not sure how the wiki community would react.

No worries, a wiki is all about having fun and making edits. As long as it's comprehensible and trusted information but even that's okay, this wiki is not meant to be perfect but we strive for it.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:53 pm

Blackchaosdragon wrote:Yes i agree that wikis arent perfect but a thought just ocurred to me is it really okay to give anyone the power to edit anything non registered people i mean fair enough im not doubting anything but all it could take is 1 troll to wipe everything out no?

Wikia is pretty good with wiki management, in an unlikely event when a troll tries to wipe out everything, there are lots of ways to deal with them, if they aren't logged in, anybody can see their IP address.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:33 pm

Blackchaosdragon wrote:BTW just let me know if im boring you into submission because i think i may be doing so lol :lol: .
We actually covered quite a lot of topic in this wiki thread but i seem to be running thin on ideas on what to go further on ....hmmm

Sure, I'll let you know when I'm bored but I'm not so I'm still good ;)

All 101 Shampuru articles are completed, future individual articles should have something to do with
1.) Equipment
2.) Components
3.) Matter
4.) Peon jobs
5.) Battle skills
6.) Conditional skills
7.) Enemies
8.) Master points
9.) Money master points and what enemies come out.

Still have quite a ways to go.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:56 pm

[quote="Blackchaosdragon]
Cool, Just had to make sure.
... But damn. :o thats quite the list. It may take us a while just to do that.
i may be able to do some of that but the page has to already have been made for those category's
Equips shouldnt be a problem but the materials to make them will be
Matter ..... some a randomized like the overwhelming briefs (when you convert that) or wait its a list right?
enemy's .... not all of them are in the bestiary with makes it a problem
Also battle ships and stuff too like good ol Meteor :lol:
But,,,,
im still no good with any of those wiki tools :lol:[/quote]
That's just my list of fun, I forgot to add Ship battles to the list lol.

Most wikis have 1000's of wiki veterans since they play and work on the wiki at the same time. This is still the beginning of the Mugen Souls wiki lifespan but it should've been made back in 2012 when everyone was playing it, then it would've been completed by now.

No worries about working on the topics I mentioned above, I'll be creating articles for them.

Starting with the 100 point Mugen Point bet on Normal route, taking screenshots of them and writing the stats for every enemy I beat.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:05 am

Blackchaosdragon wrote:Man you're really dedicated! so screens of every one of them? thats is gonna take a while. Dont push you're self too hard CCP, really!
also you sure you dont want to plat first then do that later or is it an end goal?

Yup, taking screenshots of every single one of them, I'm writing as I play the game. I'm mainly doing this because I really like the series and show others what the game is about. Not going to work on the platinum yet until the wiki gets that huge list of things to do finished.

I'm usually not a gamer and was never a wiki user but this was a good opportunity to try out something new as well as do something good for the Japanese gaming community.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:18 am

Blackchaosdragon wrote:Yes im sure a lot of people will be grateful for it when its finished but what do you mean by "usually not" if i may ask?

Usually not a gamer? I was saying that I really didn't play games that much until I played this game. There are a lot of mysterious things about the game such as the "random item" drop, what determines the enemies level in the Mugen Fields, EXP payout compared to character level etc.

Probably won't ever find out because not many people wondered about it but I always had.

I just discovered that when you fight a same enemy but on a higher floor, they drop a higher Shampuru count.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:46 pm

Blackchaosdragon wrote:Oh right sorry if that seemed a bit akward i wasnt to sure what you meant by that.
Oh you mean the technical information and stuff yeah a lot of people would brush that aside or were on the verge of death like me :lol: but yeah you've got me curious about that too a little fever mode does add to that equation... but also that 9999 hit bug theres still no exact info on that either except fever mode

Lot of technical data in the Mugen Field uses advanced formulas mixed in with random generated numbers so most of the things are estimations, rather than set numbers like traditional RPGs. I guess we can say it is random predictability.

I finished recording my runs on the tough and normal routes for A and B bets.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:35 pm

Blackchaosdragon wrote:Man the amount of edits you've done is staggering though i was able to do a little today

till this message came up

Warning: The database has been locked for maintenance, so you will not be able to save your edits right now.

The administrator who locked it offered this explanation: Our main datacenter is down, you are accessing our backup datacenter. We are working to fix the problem

.... well heck,,,,, i just finished a long edit and it never saved cause of a problem *sigh*
oh well guess i'll wait it out

That explains why editing was working slow or not working at all today. Happens to me all the time, I usually copy the source mode of what I was editing and paste it onto a notepad but I've gotten really used to making edits quicker and more efficiently.

You can keep publishing the page after every sentence so it won't be that big of a loss incase stuff like this happens again.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:00 pm

Blackchaosdragon wrote:
chouchou's peon wrote:
Blackchaosdragon wrote:Man the amount of edits you've done is staggering though i was able to do a little today

till this message came up

Warning: The database has been locked for maintenance, so you will not be able to save your edits right now.

The administrator who locked it offered this explanation: Our main datacenter is down, you are accessing our backup datacenter. We are working to fix the problem

.... well heck,,,,, i just finished a long edit and it never saved cause of a problem *sigh*
oh well guess i'll wait it out

That explains why editing was working slow or not working at all today. Happens to me all the time, I usually copy the source mode of what I was editing and paste it onto a notepad but I've gotten really used to making edits quicker and more efficiently.

You can keep publishing the page after every sentence so it won't be that big of a loss incase stuff like this happens again.

Im still rather annoyed lol i wasn't really expecting that too happen but yeah i'll be sure to do that next time... though now i forgot what i wrote to the exact extent so i'll have to guess again this sunday.
by the way do you go by the beautiful undisputed goddess now?

Yup, that's what I go by on the wiki or just "BUG". The Beautiful Undisputed Goddess account was originally shared with other users to take over the Mugen Souls wiki or start a new one because the name would make sense as a wiki admin.

But yeah, I learned how important it is to write everything on Notepad first, and then paste it onto the wiki editor afterwards because it's pretty unstable.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:32 pm

Blackchaosdragon wrote:Right cool ...though i think i'll refrain from saying BUG for obvious reason lol but yeah that makes sense so by all means you are the admin so under your leader ship it has advanced to what it is now
But there's something ive got to ask do we really need a walkthough section? its not really all that hard of a game (story wise)
if we do need it then by all means i'll try and help.

Our wiki allows anyone with good intentions for Mugen Souls to do whatever they want. There is no hierarchy and everyone who uses the wiki is in charge. Having a good community and getting participation from editors is what a good wiki so participation from people like you is what makes this wiki great.

I know a good amount about the series and plan on dedicating all of my free time to wiki so an admin but I'm actually the lowest on the leadership and here to help out the community with the goal of sharing knowledge about the game but I'm still very new to this. The wiki is not the best but it shows a lot of effort from two people, now three, since you're also helping.

I don't think we need a walkthrough section of the wiki, I'll probably get rid of that section later because it won't be a long time until I get to writing articles about that. But like you said, it's too easy to get past the story but I know some people who overthink when they play and get stuck on Sun World.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:09 pm

Your page for Belleria was pretty cool, kind of liked how you showed how powerful Bell-Style Big Bang attack is.

This is probably a bit random but I found out that JP VA's for Welsh/Ram and Sharuru/Rom sang the Fever Mode song for the original Mugen Souls.

Seems like signing is a talent a lot of VAs have, they do vocals as well as doing the voice acting.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:02 pm

Blackchaosdragon wrote:Yeah it is pretty strong but it not the strongest attack in the game i assume. plus as you know the thing with special attacks is that they effectively become obsolete at least to me they did i just peon balled em.
Well i suppose i could cross reference them then find out which one is the most effective and deadliest. at a later date though :lol:

They did? thank you Sharuru and Welsh for giving me plenty of nightmares in overwhelming apocalypse damn masochist crystal. i had to quit each time:lol: that aside it was a good song but the second is probably better right?
Spoiler:
they must get paid a little extra for that kind of stuff but its not uncommon for Va's to sing in both EN and JP i wonder how and English ver would sound?

You hate the Masochist crystals too? Even though I think she's the cutest form it's so hard to not frenzy them.

Here is the entire credits from the first Mugen Souls. You can cntrl+F and search for YUIKAORI, then look for Welsh and Sharuru's JP VAs. They are both the same people.
http://mugen-souls.wikia.com/wiki/Mugen_Souls_credits

Luckily there is no such thing as the Overwhelming Alpaca Lips in Mugen Souls Z and I've heard scary stories about people going through that battle to get Shampurus, you don't even have to farm Charm levels to unlock the battle that gives all tier 15s. There's just one free DLC battle (ironically it's the easiest DLC battle) that has all Tier 15s in one battle.

Anyways, the fever mode song in Mugen Souls Z is sung by Syrma and Chou-Chou VAs.

Edit:
Regarding this from the other thread:
Spoiler:
Blackchaosdragon wrote:But you know that guy [spoiler]put mugen souls z as 1 of 10 hype
oh well i guess its just a difference of opinion and preferences anyway
[/spoiler]
Yup, that's right everyone has different preferences in games but this person is judging he knows nothing about and I can tell that he's not really being fair about it.

Out of all a lot of games I've played, Mugen Souls Z has got to be one of favorites. It has a very versatile battle system and gives the player a lot of different systems for the player to take advantage of. This is something that casual gamers don't like but there are niche gamers and intelligent gamers who understand how to play and take advantages of the fun mechanics the game offers.

There is just so many fun things you can do in this game that you can't do in most RPGs. Making peons is one my favorite things to do in the game. That system has improved a whole lot, I never dressed up my peons in the original game but for Mugen Souls Z, I would make dozens of peons and make each one look different.

I'm really excited extremely hyped for Mugen Souls Z, it's one of the few games that I can stand starting from a brand new file (not NG+) and attempt to get the platinum multiple times which is something I have a hard time doing in the original Mugen Souls. I still haven't platinumed the first game lol.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:24 pm

Blackchaosdragon wrote:I was gonna say ALTIS DONE! but oh well :lol:

The Altis article looks more done than most of the articles of Mugen Souls Z characters. You're way better than Winxfan1 who only makes "one word edits".

There's 35 words on the Supra page in total and Winxfan made 24 edits with only a few 100 bytes each, even small sentence edits are at least 20,000 bytes :/

Look at the contributions from Winxfan1 from the Supra page, he barely does anything and his 500 or so edits are fake 1 one word edits with false information.
http://mugen-souls.wikia.com/wiki/Supra?action=history

No worries, you're doing a far great job at the wiki than this guy! All he really cares about is gaining achievements and doesn't really care about adding useful info.

I will not fix this page yet though, really busy with real life work and Mugen Souls Z KR.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Return to “Mugen Souls”