Peon Hint Advice?

Official Mugen Souls Discussion Forum
sesho
Vassal
Vassal

Peon Hint Advice?

Postby sesho » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:14 pm

I am looking at a peon hint that says "Try hiding your embarassment" and I was wondering which Chou-Chou form best matches that. I keep on thinking its the masochist form but it hasn't worked so far. Any advice?

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Peon Hint Advice?

Postby Rednal » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:36 pm

Try Bipolar.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

sesho
Vassal
Vassal

Postby sesho » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:54 pm

Got it! Thanks!

LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:40 am

And this is why they should have kept the name Tsundere. It would have been instantly easy to figure out for any anime fan. As it is, only those who knew what the original name was would know.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:33 am

I dunno about that. Anybody who actually paid any attention to her at all during the different personalities' introduction would probably have keyed into her being tsundere. Some of the hints can be a little less than immediately obvious, which I think is fine. XD

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:51 am

Well, it took me a while to program 'Bipolar' as 'Aloof' when trying to moe kill. Once I did get that into my head, then moe kills became MUCH easier. Like I really don't mind that they called Tsundere Bipolar, but the fact that they changed 'Aloof' to 'Bipolar' is just odd and confusing.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

CelticRedemption
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby CelticRedemption » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:27 am

vampko wrote:Well, it took me a while to program 'Bipolar' as 'Aloof' when trying to moe kill. Once I did get that into my head, then moe kills became MUCH easier. Like I really don't mind that they called Tsundere Bipolar, but the fact that they changed 'Aloof' to 'Bipolar' is just odd and confusing.

Aloof isn't really a better option as that's not quite what tsundere is either. And what do you mean "changed" the game was in Japanese before they localized it, I doubt the Japanese game used the word "aloof", however even if they did, that doesn't have to mean they were correct in naming it that either, as they're Japanese, and not English.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
[20:25] <Solice> hey, sailor tenshi... blow or squirt?
[20:26] <Kana> ....what

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:30 am

Well, tsundere are kind of standoffish while still tsun, so... XD

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:41 am

CelticRedemption wrote:
vampko wrote:Well, it took me a while to program 'Bipolar' as 'Aloof' when trying to moe kill. Once I did get that into my head, then moe kills became MUCH easier. Like I really don't mind that they called Tsundere Bipolar, but the fact that they changed 'Aloof' to 'Bipolar' is just odd and confusing.

Aloof isn't really a better option as that's not quite what tsundere is either. And what do you mean "changed" the game was in Japanese before they localized it, I doubt the Japanese game used the word "aloof", however even if they did, that doesn't have to mean they were correct in naming it that either, as they're Japanese, and not English.

....I'm talking about how when you're attempting a Moe Kill, you have different options like 'glare', 'crybaby', etc. One of them is 'Bipolar'. In the Japanese version this was translated as 'Aloof'.
Either way, I really think they should have just stayed with Tsundere. Bipolar just feels completely wrong on what the personality is like, and in a way it might cause some people to be indignant since something that is considered a serious medical condition was used to describe a quirky personality trait.
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:53 am

Oh, that phrase was called Aloof? Damn, that explains A LOT. I mean, almost every quote from the "Bipolar" option didn't sound tsundere at all so I was wondering what the heck...

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:57 am

Another way to put it is "tsun". Which IS kind of an aloof personality.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:05 am

Rednal wrote:Another way to put it is "tsun". Which IS kind of an aloof personality.

Yes, but they went with 'bipolar'. Which made zero sense.
LAMV wrote:

Oh, that phrase was called Aloof? Damn, that explains A LOT. I mean, almost every quote from the "Bipolar" option didn't sound tsundere at all so I was wondering what the heck...

I was very grateful when I read that 'Bipolar' was actually 'Aloof' in the japanese one. It REALLY helped to make the moe kills MUCH easier.
Spoiler:

LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:08 am

^ Not too sure how it would make it easier though since I don't know which moods would most appeal to the Aloof.

Anyway I wonder if they'll still do the persona thing in the sequel. I hope NISA keeps the name Tsundere this time.

CelticRedemption
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby CelticRedemption » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:55 pm

vampko wrote:
Rednal wrote:Another way to put it is "tsun". Which IS kind of an aloof personality.

Yes, but they went with 'bipolar'. Which made zero sense.
LAMV wrote:

I was very grateful when I read that 'Bipolar' was actually 'Aloof' in the japanese one. It REALLY helped to make the moe kills MUCH easier.

I'm still not sure what exactly you're saying, are you saying they used the english word "aloof" during the moe kill parts? or do you just mean they used tsuntsun for that in japanese?
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
[20:25] <Solice> hey, sailor tenshi... blow or squirt?
[20:26] <Kana> ....what

Return to “Mugen Souls”