Mugen Souls is getting a new game.

Official Mugen Souls Discussion Forum
LordLaharlsVassal
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Re: Mugen Souls is getting a new game.

Postby LordLaharlsVassal » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:25 am

I heard some rumors that the game have not done so well her, I hope it is not true though of course, I hate to think of NISA doing not so well.
Disgaea Light Novels and Artbooks Localization supporter!
Learn more: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... gaeaNovels

My deviantart: http://maharl.deviantart.com/

greenzsaber
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby greenzsaber » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:36 am

vampko wrote:The Free DLC brings in that

All it does is add extra battles that should've been in the game to begin with. There's no matter that increases shamps gained from battle afaik.

vampko wrote:Did you even need the cap to go higher? Stuff didn't seem all that expensive really. Mugen Points are another thing entirely though.

Stuff isn't expensive, yes, but it's so easy to reach the money cap that I just stopped caring about getting money altogether

vampko wrote:So make it so that more of the trophies require 200+ hours?

Well, I wouldn't actually mind, but it has to be something less monotonous than farm 1,000,000 shamps that are only available from certain enemies in small quantities
LordLaharlsVassal wrote:I heard some rumors that the game have not done so well her, I hope it is not true though of course, I hate to think of NISA doing not so well.

Most likely because of the whole censorship debacle. Perhaps if nothing was censored you'd see more sales here.
Spoiler:

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:42 am

greenzsaber wrote:All it does is add extra battles that should've been in the game to begin with. There's no matter that increases shamps gained from battle afaik.

You're forgetting all the Clothing/accessory DLCs. Those add in items that can be broken into the matter you want. And they get added into the shop too.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

greenzsaber
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby greenzsaber » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:52 am

But even so, I don't see any matter that increases the shampuru you collect at the end of battle. The DLC doesn't introduce any new matter as far as I'm aware.
Spoiler:

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:08 am

Ah, whoops you're right. I saw it saying 'Peon Points +10' and just kinda auto-associated it. Sorry ^_^;
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Zdood
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby Zdood » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:37 pm

Well, I'm enjoying the game so far, so a sequel's fine in my book. ^^

Some of you guys already said some of the things I'd like improved, but as for other things...

- IIRC from Zeke's review, the character development could use a bit of work, expecially later on due to the massive amount of characters in your party; so, more balanced char distribution.
- Make the bathing (or whatever they choose to go with) minigame less polarizing. Personally, it doesn't bother me, but I'd rather we not have to get into massive censorship debates if it gets localized.
- Sandy. I want more of her. ^^ I just really like her. On that note, much like Loliko(n) said, more yuri. :mrgreen:

...and I might think of more later.

All hail Chou-Chou~ ^^
Kneel before me! :twisted:
Yeah, like that.

Neptunia fanfic: Hyperdimensional Adventures

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:47 pm

The best game I have ever played is getting a second game. I can't wait :D

I would pre-order it now if I knew how, even thought it not even made yet lol

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:17 pm

Some things i really should not have forgot:
- Make breaking crystals plausible. 30 HP is just not gonna happen unless you SERIOUSLY go out of your way. There were so many interesting effects on the crystals, but they really never happen.
- Or, make it so that moe killing crystals counts as a 'break'.
- Don't go all reboot/alternate universe on us. We want to see more of these characters, so actually flesh them out instead of going the Neptunia route of wiping the slate every game.
Spoiler:

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:28 pm

I hope for in the next one they let you change cloths color. there so many cloths that are perfect but not the exact color I want. Like the school outfit I bought. I wish it was in blue it be perfect for K-on

Teddie Sage
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Teddie Sage » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:43 am

My only request is that they bring back the old cast and proceed with their stories instead of always focusing on Chou-Chou. This time around, it's her Peons that should shine.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:36 am

Nah, Chou Chou should continue shining. But I really need to get the True End so I can figure out how it could continue. Cause the normal end doesn't leave much room at all.
Spoiler:

Zdood
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby Zdood » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:58 pm

CC can feel free to keep shining as long as the other chars get a lil' love, too. Definitely gotta agree on the 'no alternate universe' thing, though... seriously, Neptunia's characterization (among other things) is a massive clusterfuck 'cause of it.

...Vamp, are you sure Moe Killing crystals doesn't count as Breaking them? 'Cause I'm pretty sure that when I Moe Kill crystals in the Mugen Field, their Break effects activate (case in point: when I Moe Kill crystals with a 'Stage Clear' Break effect, well, the stage is automatically cleared)... might just be a Mugen Field thing, I guess... :?

...Speaking of crystals, it'd be rather nice if crystals like 'HP Damage' and 'SP Damage' wouldn't spawn close enough to sucker punch you as soon as a fight starts. Which they seem to have an annoying habit of doing, at least for me...
Kneel before me! :twisted:
Yeah, like that.

Neptunia fanfic: Hyperdimensional Adventures

greenzsaber
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby greenzsaber » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:19 pm

Move locked is the worst crystal effect. Enemy insta-kill at least you can fix with high AGI, and HP/SP damage is fixable with SP/HP auto restore.
Spoiler:

Nazou
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Nazou » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:04 pm

Well I barely just finished my first playthrough so maybe with the true ending and further delving in the mugen field will improve this, but I found that chou-chou's other personalities are underused. I mean, they have so much potential and then in the main story they are only used to perform specific moe kills, and in the mugen field the appear occasionally for some comedic gold.
なぞう

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:04 pm

Eggy shows up a lot in cutscenes, but I found that I almost never used her in battle. ^^ Her other forms are generally more prominent in combat, so I think it balances well. Though I would like to see more scenes in the future... XD
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

Return to “Mugen Souls”