Thinking of getting this game

Official Mugen Souls Discussion Forum
Dubbo
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Thinking of getting this game

Postby Dubbo » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:40 am

Can I please get people's opinion of how decent is the story? I enjoyed disgaea but I did not like trinity universe or cross edge. And does the combat get better and more complicated? I know this game got unfavorable reviews but I don't really take their scores seriously because I know the reviewers don't enjoy niche rpgs.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Thinking of getting this game

Postby Rednal » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:07 am

Flawed but fun. The game has a couple of problems (slow loading times, though not as bad as Skyrim on PS3 in my experience, and the framerates could be better), but the game also has an amazing amount of depth and strategy. Most of the stuff you can do in combat doesn't really become important until the postgame, where you basically *have* to abuse the system for all it's worth in order to level up in a decent timeframe. The story is pretty good, there's a lot of jokes, the characters are likable... if you generally enjoy niche JRPGs, well, I'd say that this is definitely one of the better ones to come out in quite awhile, even taking its occasional flaws into account.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:01 pm

I loved it! It like Disgaea where it last a very long time, but with Hyperdimension Neptunia game style. There a lot of complex game features but there not forced so if you don't really understand them it not going to ruin the game. Weapon upgrades and Peon fusion make powering up easier and fun, then just simply leveling up to level 5000. You can make your own costume peons, there not many cloths in the beginning but you can earn a lot. My guys are over 1,000 and I still don't have all the cloths.

I really loved the story. It a moe comedy kinda like a mature version of Hyperdimension with some really funny bath scenes.

Dubbo
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Dubbo » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:46 pm

Cool sounds like this might be fun, will give it a try thanks!

Return to “Mugen Souls”