Mugen Souls veterans, how accurate is this?

Official Mugen Souls Discussion Forum
Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Mugen Souls veterans, how accurate is this?

Postby Rednal » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:41 pm

Well, Pokemon is actually pretty mainstream, right? o wo Pokemon's fanbase isn't just a whole bunch of people otaku for things that come out of Japan; they play plenty of other games, including popular Western ones. A gratuitously low score for a long-running, well-established, highly-rated franchise would stick out like a sore thumb and sow seeds of doubt in people's minds about them... much more so than doing the same for little franchises. They might be able to point out certain obvious complaints (like how the games haven't *really* changed all that much over the years), but you're not too likely to see an abnormally low score there. Like most sites, their goal is to attract viewers; near as I can tell, they want to be popular among their intended audience, which probably involves having someone to mock. If they treated JRPG's and stuff pretty well, their fans (who are often told that these games aren't very good) might thus suspect them.

Point being, I think they're pandering to their audience. = w= Also, they have different viewpoints. If someone really thinks of, say, Neptune and Plutia as 12-13, a certain early bathing scene in Victory could be very weird for them. Those who view them as older probably won't be nearly as bothered... and let's face it, many anime art styles do tend to make characters look childish.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:45 pm

Gonna point it out again, the Disgaea games get pretty good scores from IGN, but by the logic that they're biased against mostly anything Japanese except what is extremely popular, you'd think that those games would also get lower scores.
Thanks to TwilightStar for the sig! :D
Trophy card
Spoiler:

Beedlebud
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Beedlebud » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:45 pm

Rednal wrote:Well, Pokemon is actually pretty mainstream, right? o wo Pokemon's fanbase isn't just a whole bunch of people otaku for things that come out of Japan; they play plenty of other games, including popular Western ones. A gratuitously low score for a long-running, well-established, highly-rated franchise would stick out like a sore thumb and sow seeds of doubt in people's minds about them... much more so than doing the same for little franchises. They might be able to point out certain obvious complaints (like how the games haven't *really* changed all that much over the years), but you're not too likely to see an abnormally low score there. Like most sites, their goal is to attract viewers; near as I can tell, they want to be popular among their intended audience, which probably involves having someone to mock. If they treated JRPG's and stuff pretty well, their fans (who are often told that these games aren't very good) might thus suspect them.

Point being, I think they're pandering to their audience. = w= Also, they have different viewpoints. If someone really thinks of, say, Neptune and Plutia as 12-13, a certain early bathing scene in Victory could be very weird for them. Those who view them as older probably won't be nearly as bothered... and let's face it, many anime art styles do tend to make characters look childish.

Now this is an interesting view. Point taken.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:57 pm

I could go on, but... that's pretty much what my feelings boil down to. :lol:

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:14 am

Professional critics lack creativity, they don't like seeing any different and follow things by the benchmark. Critics do not play games like we do, they criticize them based off of a set of standards from the first hour of the game.

IGN reviews are not accurate to me when it comes to Compile Heart, check out some positive user reviews on the web and compare.

*** IGN rated Tales of Xillia 9.5/10 somehow, maybe because it followed the benchmark of traditional RPGs they were used to (action/ violence based story, no constant comedy, no cross cultural reference of moe, main character as a savior)?
Last edited by chouchou's peon on Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:23 pm

I beat it and got true ending. Been working on getting all the jobs. I even stop playing HDN V and went back to Mugen Souls. To me this is the best JRPG out there :D

armageddon12
Vassal
Vassal

Postby armageddon12 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:19 am

IGN is mad cause they can't get to the true ending. :lol:
If only the anime could go as far as the books did...

OverlordG
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby OverlordG » Mon May 20, 2013 8:19 pm

Now that the game is coming to PSN May 21st, 2013, I'll finally get to play it. I do not like ordering online but buying PSN cards is less dangerous to my credit card. It's slightly more expensive but not as dangerous.
Blog: http://yurination.wordpress.com/

Twitter: @YuriAmbassador

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Mon May 20, 2013 8:25 pm

If you're uncomfortable with Sony having your financial data, you can delete it from their system after your order. ^^

OverlordG
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby OverlordG » Mon May 20, 2013 8:30 pm

Rednal wrote:If you're uncomfortable with Sony having your financial data, you can delete it from their system after your order. ^^

Nah, I'm sticking to the "heart of the cards" for now. Besides, I'm impatient when it comes to mail ordering. Lord knows I annoyed my friend quite a bit after he helped order both Neptunia 1 and Mk2 and had to wait 2 months for them to arrive.
Blog: http://yurination.wordpress.com/

Twitter: @YuriAmbassador

Oroshi'sMayhem
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Oroshi'sMayhem » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:04 pm

Deleted
Last edited by Oroshi'sMayhem on Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:20 pm

Deleted
Last edited by chouchou's peon on Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:31 pm

Oroshi'sMayhem wrote:IGN are nothing but a pack of moral-nazis. The United States needs to apologize for bringing IGN into existence. Don't listen to them, keep calm, and play Mugen Souls.

Edit to post: This link to a video that I made is very funny but also exposes IGN and the ESRB's Moraltardism:
Spoiler:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLxCJF_kk-Y

I'm sorry, but I watched that for about half a minute before I became too stupefied to continue on. It's one thing to say that these people aren't doing their jobs correctly, but making stupid shit like this makes you just as mature as the people you're attacking.
Trophy card
Spoiler:

Oroshi'sMayhem
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Oroshi'sMayhem » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:35 pm

Wdog-999 wrote:
Oroshi'sMayhem wrote:IGN are nothing but a pack of moral-nazis. The United States needs to apologize for bringing IGN into existence. Don't listen to them, keep calm, and play Mugen Souls.

Edit to post: This link to a video that I made is very funny but also exposes IGN and the ESRB's Moraltardism:
Spoiler:

I'm sorry, but I watched that for about half a minute before I became too stupefied to continue on. It's one thing to say that these people aren't doing their jobs correctly, but making stupid shit like this makes you just as mature as the people you're attacking.

I'll admit it's immature, but it's so swell! I'll try to do better next time, though.

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:37 pm

Oroshi'sMayhem wrote:
Wdog-999 wrote:

Spoiler:

I'll admit it's immature, but it's so swell! I'll try to do better next time, though.

I'll give you a tip: instead of making fun of the targets, explain rationally how they fucked up. And by rationally, I mean without calling them names every few sentences.

Just watched a bit of your other video on how "dumbass fantards" flagged your video called "I Fap to Kotori Itsuka from Date A Live" and honestly, I don't even think you have rational explanation down pat considering you spend the entire video mocking them, not to mention that you made a video in response to it in the first place! Shit happens. Get over it instead of making a video of you acting like an idiot in response for five fucking minutes. I really hope you grew out of that shit soon afterwards.
Trophy card
Spoiler:

Return to “Mugen Souls”