Peon fusion for higher base stat?

Official Mugen Souls Discussion Forum
chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Peon fusion for higher base stat?

Postby chouchou's peon » Sat May 18, 2013 5:39 pm

I'm about level 3000 and the character's base stats seem pretty low compared to the growth of equipment. Will peon fusions help raise their stats dramatically?

---------------------
I don't think I've introduced myself and my experiences with Mugen Souls but on the first week I got Mugen Souls I played it for about 80 hours I own Mugen Souls Z but I'm going to stop playing it for now until I get 100% trophies on the original. I got 61% of the trophies and my peon ball is 92 km.
Spoiler:
I thought the side story after the true ending was satisfying, got me arse kicked badly at the first Atlis battle and thought my game was broken. There's no voice acting in English at all for the true ending aftermath? At least you get to hear a Pirachu-like voice saying "Shu-Shu-sama! Mite-tene!" a couple hundred times when you switch to JP voices and that became one of my favorite lines in the game.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Peon fusion for higher base stat?

Postby Rednal » Sat May 18, 2013 6:06 pm

Well, compared to what you get from totally hax equipment... you have to do fusions quite a bit, yes. The -best- results come from fusing Level 9999 characters (repeatedly), and... yeah. XD
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sat May 18, 2013 6:26 pm

That's good info, so it's not going to be "easy" for me to raise the base stats. I think real fun to see character stat growth in this game, there's soooooooooooo many ways to upgrade your character's it's overwhelming!
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Sat May 18, 2013 7:05 pm

Yes, yes it is.

The most important thing to keep in mind is the rate at which you increase the power of your skills. Sure, they can get stronger... but the SP costs go up as well. Done wrongly, you could rapidly increase your skills outside of your ability to actually use... or at least use in any meaningful way during long dungeons where you can't actually heal.

^^

So, I'd raise your skills only somewhat... leave most of them fairly low (i.e. less than 1% of your SP, and primarily count the boost from equipment, since you can lose your levels through reincarnating...), but buff up at least one or two skills relatively high (10% to 20% of your SP is a good place to start) to serve as "Boss Killer" techniques where you really want to own the enemy without wasting time.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sat May 18, 2013 8:54 pm

Good thing you mentioned strengthening skill levels, I saw they increasing their levels increase their SP drastically and their damage but not enough to make me only cast it only 4 times on full SP. I powered up Seven's Impact to level 200 and clear (cheapest Mugen point cost), it boosted the damage by maybe 30% but the cost is like 1000x more SP.

It'll save me some Mugen Points to not power the skills anyways because getting enough points to max skills to max might a while. Another question, do you think raising healing skill levels are worth it? I know increasing the revive will allow setting the rezzed characters anywhere you want but what about heals and buffs?
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Sun May 19, 2013 5:19 am

In fairness, your stats grow, like, exponentially when you equip items, so that's probably fairest for balance... XD

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sun May 19, 2013 6:29 am

That's true, I've earned quite a bit doing fever modes. I always try to clear my inventory and turning stuff into matter but I've been doing them by individual item and it takes a while.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Sun May 19, 2013 8:11 am

Yes, yes it does. XD Well, you get used to it.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sun May 19, 2013 8:39 am

Alright, that sounds cool. while i was turning stuff too matter I did see that some of the godly equips turn into matter that gives stat boosts for leveling so I'm going to see if there are any common way to get them.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Sun May 19, 2013 7:44 pm

Peon Fusion helps stats a lot. I had a lvl 1000 character and a lvl 500 character who I peon fused twice and the 500 lvl was stronger.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sun May 19, 2013 8:25 pm

Oh wow, so it really does help a lot. Was a peon-peon fusion or main character-peon? I want fuse a peon with Chou-Chou.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Sun May 19, 2013 10:17 pm

The lvl 1000 was Altis and the the lvl 500 was a peon I was making

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sun May 19, 2013 11:31 pm

Thanks for the info, my peon characters have worse stats compared to the main characters. I'm doing another NG+ to get some Shampuru and will try fusioning tomorrow to see how it turns out.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Mon May 20, 2013 5:05 pm

I did a little experiment today. Seems like in fusing, only one character gets benefits. I found out that if the one getting the benefit is a low level and fuses, their stats get weaker. I fusioned a level 3000 Chou-Chou with a level 1000 Master Paladin and the results were great.

I'm not sure if Chou-Chou is naturally overpowered to begin with but Chou-Chou at level 239 with 1 peon fusioned has 60% overall stat's of a level 2392 Soul with no peon fusions, both had Neglected Sickles equipped without any armor which gives no bonus to them. I would post screenshots but I've got to learn how to do that.

I got more questions about fusioning but I think I should do some research this on my own so people won't think I'm lazy.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Mon May 20, 2013 8:30 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:I did a little experiment today. Seems like in fusing, only one character gets benefits. I found out that if the one getting the benefit is a low level and fuses, their stats get weaker. I fusioned a level 3000 Chou-Chou with a level 1000 Master Paladin and the results were great.

I'm not sure if Chou-Chou is naturally overpowered to begin with but Chou-Chou at level 239 with 1 peon fusioned has 60% overall stat's of a level 2392 Soul with no peon fusions, both had Neglected Sickles equipped without any armor which gives no bonus to them. I would post screenshots but I've got to learn how to do that.

I got more questions about fusioning but I think I should do some research this on my own so people won't think I'm lazy.

The first character you pick gets the boost and everything, the second one goes back to 0 or something. That why all the main characters can't be picked for the second pick. I have 3 Peons that I keep in my sub to peon fuse when I need it so i never weaken my main forces.

Return to “Mugen Souls”