Which should I get?

Official Mugen Souls Discussion Forum
chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Re: Which should I get?

Postby chouchou's peon » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:47 am

I'm uploading the JP playthrough I did yesterday on Youtube but it's going to take another 15 hours until it's finished: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jouLZV1aKC0&feature=youtu.be

How far in the game are you exactly?

Edit: Wow, that was a pain to get the video working. Next time I'll keep things under 15 mins. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jouLZV1aKC0
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

MegaManZXAvant
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby MegaManZXAvant » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:07 am

I do plan on getting HDN, MK2 & V in some point in time but at the moment I can't afford them.
I just love JRPG's.

I got Mugen Souls @ eBay for $27.99 tax free & free shipping, I've had it for about a week now (it arrived June 18th do to a missent by the post office) and I am just loving this game.
PSN Friend Requests are very welcome just don't leave it blank or I will reject it.
Hummingbird Facebook Player.me YouTube Twitter

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:12 pm

I highly recommend them, if you like Mugen Souls, you should also like the Neptunia series since that's where the origin of Mugen Souls' battle system started.

Good part about Neptunia V is that you can get revenge on the Shampuru.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

MegaManZXAvant
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby MegaManZXAvant » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:27 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:I highly recommend them, if you like Mugen Souls, you should also like the Neptunia series since that's where the origin of Mugen Souls' battle system started.

Good part about Neptunia V is that you can get revenge on the Shampuru.

Ugh getting any of the HDN games on eBay, Amazon or play-asia is out of the question as they cost too much, I was lucky with Mugen Souls it seems or the HDN games are just that much more poplar for them to cost a lot more online.

At Game Stop HDN costs $34.99 Used (weirdly New costs $29.99 but there are no New within 100 miles of me.), HDN MK2 costs $27.99 Used & HDN V costs $39.99 Used. :cry:
PSN Friend Requests are very welcome just don't leave it blank or I will reject it.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:18 pm

...Have you tried the PSN yet? Or a smaller retailer?
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

MegaManZXAvant
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby MegaManZXAvant » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:32 pm

Rednal wrote:...Have you tried the PSN yet? Or a smaller retailer?

No I have not checked the PSN Store to see if it is available for digital download but I would have to buy PSN Cards to be able to do so which I don't have the money for at the moment and won't have any for a few months since I got my PS3.

Best Buy & Walmart are not an option because they don't carry them.

I might just sell off some of my PS2 games to eBay to get some cash for those 3 games.

Just noticed the HDN games are published & Developed by Tecmo Koei and not by NIS America.

Both HDN & HDN V are disc only while HDN MK2 is $29.99 for digital copy via PSN Store.

greenzsaber
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby greenzsaber » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:33 pm

You can always wait for NISA to restock. HDN is quite popular so I'd be surprised if they didn't restock at some point. Besides, Mugen Souls will last you a long time so may as well play that while you wait 8-)
Spoiler:

MegaManZXAvant
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby MegaManZXAvant » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:07 pm

greenzsaber wrote:You can always wait for NISA to restock. HDN is quite popular so I'd be surprised if they didn't restock at some point. Besides, Mugen Souls will last you a long time so may as well play that while you wait 8-)

So I take it the HDN games are made by NIS America? I wonder if Game Stop has the wrong Publisher & Developer down for them, HDN @ Game Stop has Tecmo Koei down as the Publisher & Developer for the HDN series although the artwork on the box does show NIS America on the bottom right corner.

I'm currently on Chapter 8 of Mugen Souls on my first play through & I know I still have a lot left to do.
I've unlocked 24/51 Trophies so far.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:28 am

Chapter 8 is pretty good for only having the game for one week. This game takes a while to learn but it looks like you've gotten most of it down, there's a lot of cool stuff this game has to offer.

I have some evil Altis plans in store for Mugen Souls.
Spoiler:
I first want to start my evil plot by defacing the Mugen Souls Wikipedia page with actual information about the game rather than facts about reviewers' opinions being the main part of the article.

Next destination would be to flood the wikia game page with spoilers!!!

There are reviewers out there who say this game is an excellent game.

greenzsaber wrote:Mugen Souls will last you a long time so may as well play that while you wait 8-)
Looks like God speaks, total hours wasted 402 hours.

Edit: Heck yeah, I just added GCREST as a co-producer on the Mugen Souls Wikipedia article.
Last edited by chouchou's peon on Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

greenzsaber
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby greenzsaber » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:32 am

For some reason Gamestop pretty much lists TK as the publisher for ALL NISA published games, so don't put too much stock into it. Sites like GameFAQs give much more accurate information about this. Or you can just look through this forum and see what games have their own subforum. If a game has one, then NISA is definitely publishing it.
Spoiler:

MegaManZXAvant
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby MegaManZXAvant » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:38 am

chouchou's peon wrote:Chapter 8 is pretty good for only having the game for one week. This game takes a while to learn but it looks like you've gotten most of it down, there's a lot of cool stuff this game has to offer.

I have some evil Altis plans in store for Mugen Souls.
Spoiler:
I first want to start my evil plot by defacing the Mugen Souls Wikipedia page with actual information about the game rather than facts about reviewers' opinions being the main part of the article.

Next destination would be to flood the wikia game page with spoilers!!!

There are reviewers out there who say this game is an excellent game.

greenzsaber wrote:Mugen Souls will last you a long time so may as well play that while you wait 8-)
Looks like God speaks, total hours wasted 402 hours.

Edit: Heck yeah, I just added GCREST as a co-producer on the Mugen Souls Wikipedia article.

I am pretty good with most games it hardly ever takes me very long to understand how to play them (I'm not that young as it might appear I am 31 years old) I do however use game walkthrough via GameFAQ (if they have one that is which is not always the case) this is the one I use GameFAQs: Mugen Souls (PS3) FAQ/Walkthrough by Dark_Cecil lol I am using greenzsaber's walkthrough guide.

Last time I checked my save file I have over 60 hours of game play so far.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:09 pm

Gamefaqs is a nice walkthrough, what I used was the JP Mugen Souls wiki to find the master points since they have pictures http://wikiwiki.jp/mugen_souls/ in addition to greenzsaber's beastly guide as well for some shortcuts that are probably necessary.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

MegaManZXAvant
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby MegaManZXAvant » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:56 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:GameFAQs is a nice walkthrough, what I used was the JP Mugen Souls wiki to find the master points since they have pictures http://wikiwiki.jp/mugen_souls/ in addition to greenzsaber's beastly guide as well for some shortcuts that are probably necessary.

I can't read Japanese so that website is of no use to me.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:25 pm

Maps like these are pretty amazing for New Game speed runs.

Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

MegaManZXAvant
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby MegaManZXAvant » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:36 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:Maps like these are pretty amazing for New Game speed runs.

No doubt about that, could you post more of those maps and name them so I know which world they go to?

I'm currently watching anime via Crunchyroll on PS3.

Return to “Mugen Souls”