Mugen Souls Z Localization Chat

Official Mugen Souls Discussion Forum
chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Mugen Souls Z Localization Chat

Postby chouchou's peon » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:06 am

Edmund Burke wrote:"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

This is to discuss the upcoming future of the localization of Mugen Souls Z in a more personal level as a player of the series.

We're not here to talk about what has already happened with the original Mugen Souls but rather discuss realistically about the fate of the series. We can talk about anything, including negative impacts of localizing this.

----------------------
Edit no 1:
Spoiler:
Concerns
Mugen Souls Z is a huge improvement of the original game but no one knows that.
Being distributed to the wrong audience (the opposite of mainstream).

The series is pretty artistic and cute with it's mini characters, bright rainbow colors everywhere and cartoony graphics mixed with hardcore gameplay. That's quite an odd mix but is not yet accepted in the main stream gaming society which is possibly a probable cause.

Edit no 2:
Spoiler:
Our western belief of democracy has caused us to resent from decisions of higher authorities (who authorized this decsion?) as not every decision can please everyone. NISA has done many good things for us such as localizing games that no other company would try or even be capable of (thanks Rednal for supporting this) but taking away some small part of the game that they were forced to do is not something to complain about.

I saw someone blaming Barack Obama on the Mugen Souls censorship but I bet he approves that. In America we are given more rights than most other countries, when people say they want gun control and they add gun control, people still complain.

Edit no 3:
Spoiler:
Not really a problem but this is the first of it's kind of the series. Mainstream-wise (so this might no apply to niche) not that many people plays the first game of a line up when it was brand new until one of the future sequels gets recognition.

Not that many people even know the artist of Mugen Souls maybe because they haven't played Agarest Wars but Katsuyuki Hirano has been IF's main artist for a while...

Edit no 4:
Spoiler:
The western gaming society is more social than it's eastern counterpart and a stronger group mentality. Potential customers who boycotted the game because of censorship has caused others to follow making negativity spread like a virus.

Edit no 5: "The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
Edit no 6:
Spoiler:
The group who are pro Mugen Souls are very quiet about their thoughts and most don't do anything about supporting the game. It's understandable that people are afraid of being the odd man out so they keep their mouth shut. That's why I'm talking about it here instead of general chat, nobody is going to ridicule anyone for liking Mugen Souls on this subforum.

It would be a great idea for supporters to all gather at one point and speak their mind without being called "weird". I appreciate everyone who's been helping out the situation but it's unfortunate that the mainstream society puts us at a massive disadvantage.

Edit no 7: September 27, 2013
Spoiler:
Even now, there are signs that people are having low hopes for localization. Is this a good thing for western release for the game? I have a feeling that if more people shared their hopes for localization as positive, it would encourage companies to release a game.

Evidence of the power of hope:
Ironically the original Mugen Souls which NISA fans were hyped for, long before my time. I'll be showing my hope for Mugen Souls Z.
Last edited by chouchou's peon on Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:11 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

MegaManZXAvant
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Re: Mugen Souls Z Localization Chat

Postby MegaManZXAvant » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:32 pm

I'm unlikely going to import it now as I want to get Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory for my birthday which is technically cheaper Mugen Souls Z JP $67.90 - Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory NA $49.99 New.

This "might" change if they manage to release it in NA before my birthday but for now Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory is my choice.

More then likely if and when they release Mugen Souls Z in NA the price will be around $49.99 or cheaper, no way to know what price they might set for it at this time.

What was Mugen Souls NA release price?
PSN Friend Requests are very welcome just don't leave it blank or I will reject it.
Hummingbird Facebook Player.me YouTube Twitter

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:01 pm

MegaManZXAvant wrote:I'm unlikely going to import it now as I want to get Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory for my birthday which is technically cheaper Mugen Souls Z JP $67.90 - Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory NA $49.99 New.

This "might" change if they manage to release it in NA before my birthday but for now Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory is my choice.

More then likely if and when they release Mugen Souls Z in NA the price will be around $49.99 or cheaper, no way to know what price they might set for it at this time.

What was Mugen Souls NA release price?

That's no problem, no need to import the game since you're already getting Neptunia Victory.

I made this forum thread as a free for all discussion to discuss sensitive topics from its peons (Mugen Souls fans). I'm interested in hearing anything about the game's success. I'll assume that the game won't get localized and I'm now totally fine with that.

Edit: I'm not sure what the release price is but I know that the LE is cheap like $100. I prefer buying brand new games of niche titles because gives NISA some support which means more new products.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:19 pm

I played Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory, hated it. Just tons of overly hard bosses and grinding, but that me.

I been grinding on Mugen Souls Z at 3000 points. My characters are getting really strong, Moe up to 30. I like how faster and smoother this one feels compared to the old one. Also I love going to the pose gallery and making my characters do overly adorable poses.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:27 am

darkrchaos wrote:Also I love going to the pose gallery and making my characters do overly adorable poses.

I absolutely love doing that in Mugen Souls Z, changing your character's costumes are a lot more fun in this one because there are a lot more choices. Glad you are staying on topic.

By the way, you wouldn't mind if the game doesn't get localized right? I've definitely had more fun with Mugen Souls Z than Mugen Souls but the majority of western game society is all about following what's mainstream.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:14 am

Because of the huge fuss on the internet over the removal of a small fanservice part of the game... yeah, it didn't sell as well as it probably could have. ^^;
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

MegaManZXAvant
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby MegaManZXAvant » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:59 am

Rednal wrote:Because of the huge fuss on the internet over the removal of a small fanservice part of the game... yeah, it didn't sell as well as it probably could have. ^^;

That probably would of only made Mugen Souls get an M rating I mean it should imo have an M rating now but no clue how it got a T rating instead just look at the ratings on it: Mild Blood (Ryuto Geyser anyone?), Partial Nudity & Sexual Themes. Those 3 alone should of gotten it an M rating I don't even think them leaving the bathing mini-game in would get it an AO rating only an M.

I love the game either way but I hope NIS America learned a lessen from that to either leave that alone in Mugen Souls Z or not to bring it to NA at all.
PSN Friend Requests are very welcome just don't leave it blank or I will reject it.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:02 am

NISA's staff, who are quite experienced in this area, disagreed. Were they right? We don't know. But that was what they thought would happen.

That said, without interactive bits, anime-style nudity has been consistently rated "Teen" by the ESRB. I'm not really that surprised it got the rating it did, because most of the game is actually fairly tame... somewhat ecchi, yeah, but no worse than that.

MegaManZXAvant
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby MegaManZXAvant » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:09 am

True it is pretty tame in regard to ecchi I don't even know where they are getting partial nudity from myself as none of the CGs have any sort of nudity they are all covered up by something sure they are not wearing any cloths but soap bubbles to shampuru's are used to cover up those areas.
The player is welcome to use their own imagination during those scenes.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:13 am

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway, back to MSZ. I was watching a video of the prologue, and Syrma's... pretty spacey. XD

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:40 am

Though the "mainstream" western focus less on character and more on action, I think this game had a bit of both. A small amount of their fans heard about Mugen Souls Z because of the bath game, I think that's a huge distraction to other important aspects such as the gameplay. If Mugen Souls Z never had the bath game, people would start looking more at it.

By looking at the items on the Comic Market, it seems like the Mugen Souls booth on the Comic Market, it seems like there are some items I really want. I prefer the Purple Heart mousepad they had last time.

NSFW
Spoiler:
I really want the pillow-case they are selling at the comic market so bad!!!! http://www.compileheart.com/fair_event/c84/

Rednal wrote:Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway, back to MSZ. I was watching a video of the prologue, and Syrma's... pretty spacey. XD

Yup, she's also likes to sleep and take rests like a ditz. Very gullible, friendly and obedient.

What do you think about an adult video game company localizing this? We might hopefully see some "stuff" if it does.
Last edited by chouchou's peon on Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:43 am

Not happening. If NISA couldn't release it unedited, then I don't think anyone else could, either.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:25 am

Rednal wrote:...

Not happening. If NISA couldn't release it unedited, then I don't think anyone else could, either.

That's true, but it's not like I wanted to see an unedited or anything (don't mean to be bipolar). I'm glad that several people here understand the role of censorship and not blame NISA for anything. It's a shame that non supporters for Mugen Souls only care about something so irrelevant to the plot or gameplay but get believed more than the ones who played the game and loved it.

Blackchaosdragon wrote:Okay back on topic when mugen souls first came out i thought it was pretty much gonna be a stand alone game
but of course i proved wrong, i thought compa really only focused on argerest and Neptune and not really other of they're titles.
Anyhow Did nisa not turn out a profit from the first mugen souls? i mean that could be the small factor to it but... im too sure

Seems like the original Mugen Souls was a hit in Japan that they've decided to make a sequel :mrgreen:

Mugen Souls is probably one of their more liked series (in Japan) seeing that they're selling out Mugen Souls goods at the comic market.

If it were true that Mugen Souls didn't give NISA profit, it'll be a lot easier for them to do better (not saying good, just better than last time). Whatever happened in the past can't be changed but the future can be created.

Past failures are future opportunities for improvement (reason for this thread).
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:57 am

Blackchaosdragon wrote:Wow, You sure know your mugen triva!
Hmm well there's little else i can say on this topic, everything ive already hoped for has been added to the sequel, well if i think of something i'll add it here.

I love Mugen Souls so I know a lot about it. One of my favorite things I've noticed about the game is that Chou-Chou and Belleria have the same poses during their dialogue except for that Belleria has a book with one hand because of the scene where
Spoiler:
Belleria was trying to mimic Chou-Chou in tree world.

Another strange thing I find about the game is that people think that the main character designers are from Nippon Ichi but only two characters are:
1: Selfina (designed by Harada Takehito famous for Disgaea)
2: Marina (designed by Ryoji famous for La Pucelle/ Rhapsody and older NISA titles)
The main character designers are artists for IF.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:26 am

Blackchaosdragon wrote:You really are an expert on the field of mugen indeed
I never did notice that perhaps i ought to check that out later.
Hmmm selfina She's the mugen field guide right its unfortunate she plays a minor role
I know you can create her but i .... really didnt use peons that often just main's for me.
& as for marina ... oh yeah now i noticed.... she's kinda like priere (design wise) but nothing like cornet.

I love the game so much, a lot of fans don't know much info about the game and it is my job as Lady Chou-Chou's Loyal Peon to share it. I am also working on the Mugen Souls Wikia and Wikipedia because I'm a huge fan of the game. A lot of people who play the game currently think this is a NISA original but that's understandable because most game consumers are not familiar with Compile Heart unless they check out this forum.

By the way, I prefer Harada's designs, Ryoji makes to many fat girls with big boobs, I prefer skinny lolis :lol:
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Return to “Mugen Souls”