Mugen Souls Z Localization Chat

Official Mugen Souls Discussion Forum
MegaManZXAvant
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Re: Mugen Souls Z Localization Chat

Postby MegaManZXAvant » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:44 am

chouchou's peon wrote:I'm glad that we're all being honest and logical about this. How did people even know about the censorship anyways? Did NISA state someone in a Mugen Souls advertisement that content was taken out or did people really find out about Mugen Souls because of the bath scene?

I only found out about Mugen Souls from the PSN Store and the 3 Trailers they have and I was hooked by just them, I was also shown by a friend that PS3 has the largest JRPG lineup.
PSN Friend Requests are very welcome just don't leave it blank or I will reject it.
Hummingbird Facebook Player.me YouTube Twitter

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:57 am

MegaManZXAvant wrote:I only found out about Mugen Souls from the PSN Store and the 3 Trailers they have and I was hooked by just them, I was also shown by a friend that PS3 has the largest JRPG lineup.

Oh nice, I assume there's no influence of any content being cut out on any of those trailers. I actually watched those trailers after I owned the game. I'm not sure if playing the game first made the trailers seem amazing but I thought the OP for Mugen Souls made the game seem pretty dark with lots of action but in actuality, it's the opposite and quite silly. :lol:
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Oroshi'sMayhem
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Oroshi'sMayhem » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:40 pm

Teddie Sage wrote:Censored or not, I'd still get the sequel. I don't need ecchi or fanservice to enjoy games.

Neither do I.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:43 pm

Yeah, Mugen Souls Z is going to be censored no matter what. I wouldn't mind if some other company picked it up though.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:16 pm

Edit:
There may be multiple reasons for censorship, for now we will let these people who worry about politics in videogames to censor games they won't even play. This is something bad but it's been better than the last decade. Niche games coming to the west are getting better and NISA shouldn't be the only company to take these risks, they have games of their parent company to localize and I think releasing Mugen Souls has been a huge step but it's going to take a bit longer to see something major happen.

More people are starting to realize that niche games are actually fun but the problem is that mainstreamers (I count Tales, Ni no Kuni, SMT as mainstream because it has western appeal) expect that all RPGs from Japanese should be like the ones they like
Last edited by chouchou's peon on Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:04 pm

I think this is the problem, no ones is going to bring it over censored after what happened last time. But like you said, no ones going to want to bring it over uncensored. That's the problem.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:51 pm

darkrchaos wrote:I think this is the problem, no ones is going to bring it over censored after what happened last time. But like you said, no ones going to want to bring it over uncensored. That's the problem.
That is most likely true, bringing a game like Mugen Souls Z over is quite risky at the moment so the best thing to do would be not to bring over and make sure it disappears in history but I'd like to see some changes.

What makes Mugen Souls special to me is that it's the only game NISA has localized that more people talk negatively about. It didn't sell well in the first place but so people who are unfamiliar with it join the bandwagon and refuse to buy it because it didn't sell well which is part of western mainstream influence it's quite saddening. I'm not saying everyone should start buying because it might not be your taste and cause more hate but would like people who do enjoy it to speak their words or talk about things that they like or don't like about it.

Why do fans boycott the game anyways? That's not really helping the situation but encouraging companies to not bring over niche titles. If none of the fans boycotted Mugen Souls, would you guys think Mugen Souls Z have a higher chance of coming over?

(I wish more people come participate in this thread)
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:55 pm

They boycotted to oppose censorship. It's one thing to take out content creators and online builders... but if you dare to disturb the fanservice, then the wrath of the internet will descend upon your puny company! :evil:

(Or something like that - they made nowhere near as much of a fuss over the content cut out of Disgaea 4, which had a BIGGER impact on the game)
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:12 pm

Rednal wrote:They boycotted to oppose censorship. It's one thing to take out content creators and online builders... but if you dare to disturb the fanservice, then the wrath of the internet will descend upon your puny company! :evil:

(Or something like that - they made nowhere near as much of a fuss over the content cut out of Disgaea 4, which had a BIGGER impact on the game)

Thanks Rednal, I needed some of that humor :lol:

I hope the internet knows what they are doing. Me and you didn't boycott the game so I don't understand any plus sides of showing no support for a niche game. If this was for a more mainstream game, then yeah, boycotting censorship of fanservice might help the censorship issue because it's going to financially ruin a big company's reputation.

Off topic:
Spoiler:
If this didn't make a big of a commotion as content in Disgaea 4, then I must be over exaggerating things :)

What was the cause of having more important Disgaea 4 content cut out?
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:24 pm

Rednal wrote:They boycotted to oppose censorship. It's one thing to take out content creators and online builders... but if you dare to disturb the fanservice, then the wrath of the internet will descend upon your puny company! :evil:

Teaches people not to upset Otaku with our almighty weapon, the internet

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:26 pm

As I understand it, it's basically the oversight issue. D4's map-maker allowed for maps that could be shared... and freely creating content could have created some, well, adult maps. Sony has this thing about regulating online content, and NISA didn't have the resources to really monitor this sort of thing effectively, so the choice was made to hobble the map creator. It's still usable, but you're not free to make any kind of map you want.

I'm not kidding about hating on changes to fanservice, though. These people FREAKED when they saw their fanservice being edited out. :?

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:33 pm

yep, and I was one of them that freaked out too. Don't like people censoring my games and not when it the best game of all time.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:49 pm

...Until MSZ was announced. :lol: I hope my copy actually ships soon.

greenzsaber
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby greenzsaber » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:02 pm

It would be the surprise of the year if a localization was actually announced. The odds are just too heavily stacked against it based on the overall reception of the first game.
Spoiler:

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:10 pm

Rednal wrote: I hope my copy actually ships soon.

I'm very glad to hear this, now you can join the Mugen Souls Z club. Btw, is this your first imported game?

greenzsaber wrote:It would be the surprise of the year if a localization was actually announced. The odds are just too heavily stacked against it based on the overall reception of the first game.

Luckily I'm not too worried about what happened back then, hakunah matata. There will definitely be no localization if nothing changes. We can't predict the future but we can help create it.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Return to “Mugen Souls”