Mugen Souls Z Localization Chat

Official Mugen Souls Discussion Forum
MegaManZXAvant
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Re: Mugen Souls Z Localization Chat

Postby MegaManZXAvant » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:00 am

I went ahead and imported Mugen Souls Z from Play-Asia and it has already been shipped out as of last Monday and will take 5-14 days to arrive or 4-5 weeks. I'm hoping its 5-14 days which means I could see it getting here by this Saturday or later.
PSN Friend Requests are very welcome just don't leave it blank or I will reject it.
Hummingbird Facebook Player.me YouTube Twitter

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:18 pm

Welcome to the forums jAKUMA, looks like we've gotten another platinumer, so that's 3 people on this forum.

I still think the game has a chance to get localized but we don't know what's going to happen. Mugen Souls Z has received very high praise from it's fans in Japan.

Nice to meet you!

Off Topic
Spoiler:
One thing I hope is that the people who read this forum are people who care about the game. That's the reason why I don't chat on General Chat (there's a Mugen Souls Z thread over there as well), less focused over there.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:16 pm

Blackchaosdragon wrote:And we hope to get many many more right?
well.....providing everyone can withstand the grind.

It definitely takes some effort to get to that part, I'm very interested in the progression of getting a platinum because it looks like a good amount of time is doing the Seven Worlds Redux.

Blackchaosdragon wrote:I have to ask but, do you mean review sites or fan groups or both?

I've only heard from the consumers opinion but luckily they matter more to me because they also share the same interests as me.

I think people who can appreciate "niche" games have better problem solving and adaptation skills than those who are picky about their game genres and base things off of a benchmark.
Last edited by chouchou's peon on Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:35 pm

I'm picky about games but more in the fun area, I don't care how hard it is as long as it fun and I'm enjoying it. The Mugen Souls series has a few things I dislike but the tons of custimiztion and everything else being perfect make it still epic.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:58 pm

Off Topic
Spoiler:
Most of our time will be spent on Scarlet Weather Rhapsody (Touhou Hisouten)? That's what the acronym SWR reminded me of at first lol.

I made this thread mainly to make people feel better about what's going on in our heads about localization. This series helped NISA gain a small amount of fans with unique ways of thinking such as myself. Be an individual and forget about what others say, do what you think is right.

Putting that all aside here's my next concern:
I wonder why so many people don't have hope when talking about game localizations? Mugen Souls Z seems pretty probably to get a localization "if" there was a lot more hope for it. The kind of thinking people have been expressing on these few posts will discourage localization as it shows the lack of faith they have in Game Companies. Was there an actual law somewhere that says it can't be localized?

If people want to see the game localized, how about not making it sound risky for whoever's doing it? If it doesn't get localized, after believing, then oh well. At least after they unauthorized the decision, I can say that I didn't feel hopeless for the game company.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:37 pm

I hope by the end of the year NISA gives us a answer if it will be coming over or not :(

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:14 pm

By the way, what's with the sad face, lacking some hope for localization?
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

MegaManZXAvant
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby MegaManZXAvant » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:51 pm

Even if they do release it in NA I probably won't even buy it since I will have the Japanese version way before then.
PSN Friend Requests are very welcome just don't leave it blank or I will reject it.
Hummingbird Facebook Player.me YouTube Twitter

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:57 pm

I'm not sure what the sad face is for lol, may for the not at the end lol.

I will pick it up even if I got my PS4. I want to know the story in english, too many moments in this game that I must know what they are saying lol. Plus DLCS.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:23 pm

MegaManZXAvant wrote:Even if they do release it in NA I probably won't even buy it since I will have the Japanese version way before then.

That's really helpful in letting companies know when considering localizing this but it's a given that me, darkrchaos, Rednal, Aika and many others are going to purchase a localized version even if we already own the original JP version.

darkrchaos wrote:I'm not sure what the sad face is for lol, may for the not at the end lol.

I will pick it up even if I got my PS4. I want to know the story in english, too many moments in this game that I must know what they are saying lol. Plus DLCS.

Oh, so that's what the sad face is for but no worries about whether it gets localized or not. It should be beneficial to us either way. It will mean that we own a game that not that many people has played and can talk about it while everyone else only who hasn't imported it only has the original Mugen Souls to talk about which is unfortunate because even people who enjoyed the original Mugen Souls can notice that Mugen Souls Z is huge improvement.

Getting a platinum in Mugen Souls Z is easy, I honestly wouldn't mind getting it again. A good thing about getting an English release is that we can have people who hasn't played the original Mugen Souls give Mugen Souls Z a try. The fast paced gameplay (must be due to blast processing) and cute character models is where I think Mugen Souls Z shines. Even people who hasn't even played Mugen Souls such as NEET_GAMER and vertical09, support the localization of Mugen Souls Z.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:51 pm

I really won't say the game is "easy" well any RPG is easy with enough grinding, but I would say easier then the first one.

kanade2
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby kanade2 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:16 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:Off Topic
Spoiler:
Most of our time will be spent on Scarlet Weather Rhapsody (Touhou Hisouten)? That's what the acronym SWR reminded me of at first lol.

I made this thread mainly to make people feel better about what's going on in our heads about localization. This series helped NISA gain a small amount of fans with unique ways of thinking such as myself. Be an individual and forget about what others say, do what you think is right.

Putting that all aside here's my next concern:
I wonder why so many people don't have hope when talking about game localizations? Mugen Souls Z seems pretty probably to get a localization "if" there was a lot more hope for it. The kind of thinking people have been expressing on these few posts will discourage localization as it shows the lack of faith they have in Game Companies. Was there an actual law somewhere that says it can't be localized?

If people want to see the game localized, how about not making it sound risky for whoever's doing it? If it doesn't get localized, after believing, then oh well. At least after they unauthorized the decision, I can say that I didn't feel hopeless for the game company.

When people factor in the backlash with the first game,how small the fan base is in the west , and how much time is passing without any word of a localization , it's kinda hard for people to hold onto their faith,and hope for the game being localized at all.

When people have seen the result of the censorship,and how critics have acted negatively towards the game it's hard for people to just say that this game is a safe bet to localize in any way. Even yourself are guilty of making the localization sound risky for any localization company with comments like " That is most likely true, bringing a game like Mugen Souls Z over is quite risky at the moment so the best thing to do would be not to bring over and make sure it disappears in history but I'd like to see some changes." right after saying " on page 3 of this topic .

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:13 am

Hello Kanade, thank you for supporting me and welcome to the thread of hope.

Seems like we're fed up with everybody always talking about the original Mugen Souls and bringing back about what has already happened. I'd like to look for solutions instead of the problem. I hate it when people keep clinging onto the past, especially when it's bad and it can't be changed. People are pretty prejudice towards brands/ names and will not give another chance just because they rely on their animal-like instincts.

That would be great if all the drama that I wasn't there to see about the original Mugen Souls be disappeared in history, that's my main goal. Looks like there were some people misunderstanding what I wrote because I said that because I'm tired of hearing what has happened in the past or the first game, the first post ever to this thread states that. I really don't like it when people keep talking about the original Mugen Souls so I don't want them to localize Mugen Souls Z until people forget about forget about it.

I made this thread so I can see suggestions based off players who enjoyed the game and will accept the censorship and more importantly help out NISA and the niche gaming community. Let's make people comfortable if they are worried about this getting localized, it's a win-win situation whether or not it happens or not but the most important thing is that we're doing this to make a different in the far future (maybe 10 years).

I'm being stricter about the "no talking about problems that has already happened or things that can't be changed" rule now, AKA, no talking about censorship and sales of the "original" Mugen Souls.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

kanade2
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby kanade2 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:44 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:Hello Kanade, thank you for supporting me and welcome to the thread of hope.
Seems like we're fed up with everybody always talking about the original Mugen Souls and bringing back about what has already happened. I'd like to look for solutions instead of the problem. I hate it when people keep clinging onto the past, especially when it's bad and it can't be changed. People are pretty prejudice towards brands/ names and will not give another chance just because they rely on their animal-like instincts.

You're mistaken here as I'm not supporting you in any way. My only purpose here is to answer some of the questions with the harsh reality of the truth regardless if people want to hear it,or not.
chouchou's peon wrote:
That would be great if all the drama that I wasn't there to see about the original Mugen Souls be disappeared in history, that's my main goal. Looks like there were some people misunderstanding what I wrote because I said that because I'm tired of hearing what has happened in the past or the first game, the first post ever to this thread states that. I really don't like it when people keep talking about the original Mugen Souls so I don't want them to localize Mugen Souls Z until people forget about forget about it.

At this point you're just wasting your time with that goal as you have no clear path to accomplish it. You haven't even realized some of the irony behind this very topic,and even some of your very own posts. If you take the time to reread most of your posts you will figure out what I mean...
chouchou's peon wrote:

I made this thread so I can see suggestions based off players who enjoyed the game and will accept the censorship and more importantly help out NISA and the niche gaming community. Let's make people comfortable if they are worried about this getting localized, it's a win-win situation whether or not it happens or not but the most important thing is that we're doing this to make a different in the far future (maybe 10 years).

I'm being stricter about the "no talking about problems that has already happened or things that can't be changed" rule now, AKA, no talking about censorship and sales of the "original" Mugen Souls.

You will have better luck with that on your Google fan site as you're not a employee of NISA thus no one has to listen to your rules,and this is NISA's official Mugen Souls forum in which the discussion is going to polarize itself more around the first game more than the second in most cases.

1.I'm kinda confused on what you mean by " Being distributed to the wrong audience" as far as I know Mugen Souls was marketed,and sold towards the right audience which is that niche Otaku crowd of people out there.

For the most part the main stream people just consider this another shovel ware loli game like HDN .

2. NISA failed to prove that some higher power would force,or forced them to remove the content in the first place. Statements like " we don't support this content in the first place",and " we never submitted the cut content" were used against them by people who opposed the censorship,and ended up being the final nails in the coffin.

Given we have more rights than most places,we don't want those rights being taken away in any form which is why people will fight tooth,and nail on issues like censorship,or gun control.

4. Negativity would still be spread regardless of censorship,or boycotting as the main stream crowd,and critics would still pan MS. Even HDN which is successful in the niche crowd still gets panned by the bigger audience on a regular basis.

6. Supporters put themselves at a disadvantage when they go into hiding to express a opinion over standing up against the ridicule in a civil non threatening manner.

7. It would be a small bad thing for the western release of Z which may not matter at all if the localization companies are busy looking at things like sale numbers,legal things ,and how the overall consumers reacted to the decisions that were made with the first game.

Just don't expect the same hype the first game had before people knew about it being censored to occur again.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:56 pm

kanade2 wrote:You're mistaken here as I'm not supporting you in any way. My only purpose here is to answer some of the questions with the harsh reality of the truth regardless if people want to hear it,or not.

Oh sweet thanks for trying to help me out, that was one of the things I was trying to do to help people out. The purpose of this is to let people know that whether or not it gets localized it's good which was what I said on the first post.

It seems like you're a bit confused about what I'm saying which is why you think there's irony behind this topic but it's extremely difficult to explain in words unless you know my personality but it'll be pretty difficult to get to know me at this point. That's alright though because nobody here understands what I'm saying and this post gets off topic (on topic in their view) a lot.

Anyways, thank you very much for the tip, Kanade this was made loooong before the Google+ page was made so I can go try this out right now. Sorry about that NISA, how come Houk didn't close this thread yet ^^;
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Return to “Mugen Souls”