i'm just about to start this game

Postby perrandy » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:19 pm

any tips or advice from experienced players? :lol:

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Re: i'm just about to start this game

Postby chouchou's peon » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:51 pm

Hello Master perrandy, I remember you from General Chat and from the Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory page with the same thread name (I think).

1.) Most of the people who enjoy this game have a different mentality than the average gamer because it is challenging and very hard to start off. The game is pretty confusing, I suggest doing some research on the game before starting it off unless you've already done that.

Here are some really good reviews of the game and they cover both good and negative aspects of the game but if the small gripes don't bother you, then you should enjoy this game but you don't have to watch them.

Shinkara's Review
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUk26nqdIqc

Review Zone HD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GZI0ELK3Lk

2.) Another good suggestion before starting off with the game is figuring out which Chou-Chou form is the cutest in your opinion.

3.) When in trouble, pop up a gamefaqs guide, greenzsabers guide or ask away on this subforum. We'll be glad to answer your questions as we have with other peoples' :)
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:47 pm

If you're having difficulty with an opponent in the main story, go into the Mugen Field. You will, within a few runs, completely shoot past your needed level and absolutely crush everything in your path.

If you need money, go into the Mugen Field and enter Fever Time (getting the large crystal to "Peon" when an enemy is Frenzied is a fairly reliable method) and bounce enemies into the glowing orbs that'll appear in the air. Higher TCS = Higher Combo = More monies. This is an absurdly easy way of getting loads of cash for powering up your weapons.

There's a lot of free DLC. Get it. For items, equip them, but do NOT raise their level until you've maxed out their grade. Get Grade through exiting the Mugen Field without getting killed.

And read the tutorials. o wo They exist for a reason.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

MegaManZXAvant
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby MegaManZXAvant » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:35 pm

Either I am highly skilled when it comes to games or I understand them quite easily, I pretty much had no issues playing Mugen Souls and I understood the games system quite fast as I do in most games.

Which means I never needed help via guides til much, much later.
PSN Friend Requests are very welcome just don't leave it blank or I will reject it.
Hummingbird Facebook Player.me YouTube Twitter

perrandy
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby perrandy » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:55 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:Hello Master perrandy, I remember you from General Chat and from the Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory page with the same thread name (I think).

1.) Most of the people who enjoy this game have a different mentality than the average gamer because it is challenging and very hard to start off. The game is pretty confusing, I suggest doing some research on the game before starting it off unless you've already done that.

Here are some really good reviews of the game and they cover both good and negative aspects of the game but if the small gripes don't bother you, then you should enjoy this game but you don't have to watch them.

Shinkara's Review
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUk26nqdIqc

Review Zone HD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GZI0ELK3Lk

2.) Another good suggestion before starting off with the game is figuring out which Chou-Chou form is the cutest in your opinion.

3.) When in trouble, pop up a gamefaqs guide, greenzsabers guide or ask away on this subforum. We'll be glad to answer your questions as we have with other peoples' :)
master perrandy? :lol: for a sec i thought i was in one of those bdsm boards that exists in the darkest s part of the interwebz :lol:
i will take all the advice in to acct.thanks for the update on the free dlc,rednal :)

i will tell you guys if i liked the game or not :P

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:06 pm

Just keep in mind that my tips will pretty much completely break the balance of the main plot for you... but only *start* to prepare you for the postgame. ^^ But then, it's also kind of fun to be able to move through the plot at your own pace, without feeling like you have to stop and grind between story segments...
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:07 pm

Rednal wrote:Just keep in mind that my tips will pretty much completely break the balance of the main plot for you... but only *start* to prepare you for the postgame. ^^ But then, it's also kind of fun to be able to move through the plot at your own pace, without feeling like you have to stop and grind between story segments...

I think Rednal's way is the most enjoyable style of play, I prefer my challenges to stay post game or in the Mugen Field.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

perrandy
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby perrandy » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:29 pm

just played the game a little bit and i will say that the game is just not for me.that is all

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:03 pm

That's cool, I do think the beginning of the game is very horrible. Everybody here who has played Mugen Souls and liked it can agree we had a horrible experience starting out with the game.

Most of the people who say they don't like the game usually say it at the beginning of the game and I'm no exception. This game really tests your creativity level so people who master the game's actual features end up smarter or are already geniuses. This game is all about the concept of "infinity", the number that fuels creativity and possibility, there are no limits.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:43 pm

What part of the beginning was horrible?

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:11 pm

darkrchaos wrote:What part of the beginning was horrible?

I was only mentioning about my experience as a first time player, right now I think the game's a blast. Just getting used to the concept of the game in general is tough near the beginning. They really tried to make this game difficult but it's the first of it's series, they've learned a lot from criticisms like us and created Mugen Souls Z which is my favorite game. The moe boards ask for clues and you have to search for them yourselves. Mugen Souls Z is less stressful to play for a beginner but a Mugen Souls veteran would also likely enjoy it.

I think there are way too many tutorials in the beginning of the original Mugen Souls and they flush players with too much information, it would be better to learn about the games concept and mechanics before playing it. The first 2 battles in the game are tutorial battles and I only understand the game's mechanics because I watch other people's LPs or ask questions on the board. Once you get the hang of things, this game can be a really awesome game. It's not for everyone but if you can persevere and have the discipline to continue on and learn about the game, this game will get more fun. I see this game as an educational game in the form of a cutesy RPG.

Luckily Mugen Souls Z lets you pick "no" to skip tutorials and they can be viewed at your leisure (I learned a lot by viewing them there).

Almost everyone who says they don't like Mugen Souls, quits early on because there is more to this game that meets the eye but people just stop before that.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

MegaManZXAvant
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby MegaManZXAvant » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:10 pm

perrandy wrote:Just played the game a little bit and I will say that the game is just not for me, that is all.

You need to play more then "just a little bit" to get the feel of the game the first two chapters are basically a tutorial meant to teach you how to play, the game starts to pick up at chapter 3+. You get a score of 0 for zero effort in trying it.

The beginning of the game was easy to learn I never had any issues whatsoever.
PSN Friend Requests are very welcome just don't leave it blank or I will reject it.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:48 pm

perrandy wrote:just played the game a little bit

I'd love to hear your experiences with Mugen Souls, how far did you get in the game?
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

perrandy
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby perrandy » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:06 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:

I'd love to hear your experiences with Mugen Souls, how far did you get in the game?
just before the first spaceship fight :roll:

MegaManZXAvant
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby MegaManZXAvant » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:14 pm

perrandy wrote:
chouchou's peon wrote:

just before the first airship fight :roll:

You should keep going after that the story does not pick up til around chapter 3+. If you was never going to give it a full play through then you should never of bought the game.

Return to “Mugen Souls”