Forums Empty V_V'

Postby Mugen Souls Hero » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:11 pm

Where is everybody?

Teddie Sage
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Re: Forums Empty V_V'

Postby Teddie Sage » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:25 pm

This game isn't that popular, thanks to the boycott. Should be used to it by now.

MegaManZXAvant
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby MegaManZXAvant » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:36 pm

Teddie Sage wrote:This game isn't that popular, thanks to the boycott. Should be used to it by now.

NIS America is mostly to blame for that though, if they had not altered the NA release from the original Japanese version (as in left the bath mini-game intact) it would of no doubt sold a lot more copies and it would of been a lot more popular but at the same time all the shitty reviews out there (IGN, Trendy Gamers etc.) don't help either.

Mugen Souls in Japan is popular though.
PSN Friend Requests are very welcome just don't leave it blank or I will reject it.
Hummingbird Facebook Player.me YouTube Twitter

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:41 pm

So sad since it just a great game, and worse no one will ever get to play Mugen SOuls Z :cry:

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:46 pm

Subforums for specific games generally are not that active, the Neptunia one being a rare exception, but Neptunia is an exception in many ways.
MegaManZXAvant wrote:
Teddie Sage wrote:This game isn't that popular, thanks to the boycott. Should be used to it by now.

NIS America is mostly to blame for that though, if they had not altered the NA release from the original Japanese version (as in left the bath mini-game intact) it would of no doubt sold a lot more copies and it would of been a lot more popular but at the same time all the shitty reviews out there (IGN, Trendy Gamers etc.) don't help either.

If they had not altered it, it wouldn't have been released in America. Simple as that.
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

MegaManZXAvant
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby MegaManZXAvant » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:10 pm

Ringwraith wrote:Subforums for specific games generally are not that active, the Neptunia one being a rare exception, but Neptunia is an exception in many ways.
MegaManZXAvant wrote:

If they had not altered it, it wouldn't have been released in America. Simple as that.

No one knows that, they never submitted the game to the ESRB with the bath mini-game intact so there is no way to tell what rating Mugen Souls would of received (they feared it getting an AO rating) if they left it intact. I would say it would of received no higher then an M rating on the other hand it should of received an M rating right now to begin with, no clue how they got a T rating on it.

The fact of the matter is they never attempted to submit the game with the bath mini-game intact to the ESRB and that is what got them into trouble with Mugen Souls.

The Japanese version is Cero D which means its already got an M rating over there.
PSN Friend Requests are very welcome just don't leave it blank or I will reject it.

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:15 pm

I understood why they did it for the first one, but after it got T they can't use that excuse again lol

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:26 pm

MegaManZXAvant wrote:
Ringwraith wrote:Subforums for specific games generally are not that active, the Neptunia one being a rare exception, but Neptunia is an exception in many ways.
MegaManZXAvant wrote:

No one knows that, they never submitted the game to the ESRB with the bath mini-game intact so there is no way to tell what rating Mugen Souls would of received (they feared it getting an AO rating) if they left it intact. I would say it would of received no higher then an M rating on the other hand it should of received an M rating right now to begin with, no clue how they got a T rating on it.

The fact of the matter is they never attempted to submit the game with the bath mini-game intact to the ESRB and that is what got them into trouble with Mugen Souls.

The Japanese version is Cero D which means its already got an M rating over there.

The Japanese rating is not equatable, as different cultural values.
Also, seeing how much NISA dislike cutting things, I am fairly sure they checked what they could or couldn't put in before making the decision. You don't need to submit to the ESRB to find this out, when submitting is costly, and can really hold it up if you need to change things, which could very easily be crippling financially for them.
Not to mention the submission process for the ESRB involves sending them a collection of the 'worst' stuff in the game, which often means these things lack context and such. It's just not an ideal system.

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:28 pm

I use it a lot in Mugen Souls Z to boost my stat but I always skip the mini-game because I just don't have time. It pretty cool. The new bath mini-game is way more fun since there stuff you can give them.

kanade2
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby kanade2 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:45 pm

Ringwraith wrote:
MegaManZXAvant wrote:
MegaManZXAvant wrote:

The Japanese rating is not equatable, as different cultural values.
Also, seeing how much NISA dislike cutting things, I am fairly sure they checked what they could or couldn't put in before making the decision. You don't need to submit to the ESRB to find this out, when submitting is costly, and can really hold it up if you need to change things, which could very easily be crippling financially for them.
Not to mention the submission process for the ESRB involves sending them a collection of the 'worst' stuff in the game, which often means these things lack context and such. It's just not an ideal system.

NISA still failed to convince their consumers of that in the end hence the boycotting,and consumers losing trust in them. Statements like " In addition, as a company, we did not want NISA to release or be known for content that could be seen as sexualizing or objectifying children in this way." crippled their argument because it allows consumers to question if they removed the content because they solely didn't support it in the first place,why they bothered to pick up a game that they didn't fully support,and why NISA would even care about their image when they already release games with risque fan service that sometimes involves loli type characters.

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:55 pm

kanade2 wrote:NISA still failed to convince their consumers of that in the end hence the boycotting,and consumers losing trust in them. Statements like " In addition, as a company, we did not want NISA to release or be known for content that could be seen as sexualizing or objectifying children in this way." crippled their argument because it allows consumers to question if they removed the content because they solely didn't support it in the first place,why they bothered to pick up a game that they didn't fully support,and why NISA would even care about their image when they already release games with risque fan service that sometimes involves loli type characters.

It's a little different when it's 'interactive'.
Regardless, I think not playing a game because of such a silly feature that really doesn't add anything to the game isn't there anymore might be missing the point of the game.
You can disagree with the decision, but I think arguing that it never had to happen to be released is pushing it a bit.

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:25 pm

That why when I got the game I complained a lot about the censorship, that way I can play the game yet I let them know how upset I was with it being censored.

kanade2
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby kanade2 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:33 pm

Ringwraith wrote:
kanade2 wrote:NISA still failed to convince their consumers of that in the end hence the boycotting,and consumers losing trust in them. Statements like " In addition, as a company, we did not want NISA to release or be known for content that could be seen as sexualizing or objectifying children in this way." crippled their argument because it allows consumers to question if they removed the content because they solely didn't support it in the first place,why they bothered to pick up a game that they didn't fully support,and why NISA would even care about their image when they already release games with risque fan service that sometimes involves loli type characters.

It's a little different when it's 'interactive'.
Regardless, I think not playing a game because of such a silly feature that really doesn't add anything to the game isn't there anymore might be missing the point of the game.
You can disagree with the decision, but I think arguing that it never had to happen to be released is pushing it a bit.

The statement " It's a little different when it's 'interactive'." was already debated in that locked topic of horrors. At this point it doesn't matter if someone came up with 1 million arguments for NISA's action with MS as the end result isn't going to change.

People are very opinionated when it comes to censorship so they will make a fuss even if what was censored isn't anything that important to start with. Just goes to show how much people value freedom of speech,and expression at least in the west.

Doesn't matter if it's pushing a bit as people want to make a point to NISA,or any game company for that matter that they won't tolerate censorship unless it can be proven without a doubt that it's needed.

MegaManZXAvant
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby MegaManZXAvant » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:04 pm

We can probably guarantee Mugen Souls Z to never see an NA release because the same that happened with Mugen Souls would just repeat itself.

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:46 pm

MegaManZXAvant wrote:We can probably guarantee Mugen Souls Z to never see an NA release because the same that happened with Mugen Souls would just repeat itself.

I was under the impression it didn't do that badly.
Though knowing how things work, it would probably be too iffy to cross unchanged again.

Though no-one ever wants to cut stuff for no reason, especially considering how people react to these things (even to comparatively more minor things, or just something like 'daring' to not include Japanese voice tracks or such) being allowed classification is probably a fairly good reason, and considering the ESRB can be erratic with ratings as it (some of their decisions can be... questionable), attempting to test the boundary is probably not a good thing for anyone.

Return to “Mugen Souls”