Finally Ordered Mugen Souls!

Official Mugen Souls Discussion Forum
Shadow
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Finally Ordered Mugen Souls!

Postby Shadow » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:43 pm

I finally got around to ordering Mugen Souls! (should arrive tomorrow)

I'd been looking forward to this one, just hadn't had the time or funds to grab it. At least it's coming now and I can get my crazy on in that game alongside Disgaea D2. :)

I'll look forward to coming back here and giving my thoughts on the game. In the meantime, anything I should know about before jumping in?
Now Playing: Disgaea 5! - PAL Region

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Re: Finally Ordered Mugen Souls!

Postby darkrchaos » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:23 pm

Did you play the first one? It easy to know what to do in the second one if you played the first one. Menu and everything are pretty much the same.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:45 am

darkrchaos wrote:Did you play the first one? It easy to know what to do in the second one if you played the first one. Menu and everything are pretty much the same.

I'm assuming this is about the original Mugen Souls.

Heck yeah, it's almost time to get my copy of Disgaea D2 which is pretty darn soon.

Well that aside Mugen Souls is a pretty odd game and the average person cannot pick up and play. I love the game because it has cute characters and an interesting concept that's pretty off the wall. I know it's weird in mainstream western gaming belief to find the characters the most charming part of the game but it really does make the game more enjoyable.

The game is meant for smart people with curiosity and a tolerance to succeed in addition to being interested in the story and characters. What do you know about the game before playing it? I think it's good to do some research and watch an entire lets play of the game before picking this up. The game is much more enjoyable after you understand it but we're here to help out.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Shadow
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Shadow » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:19 am

Yeah, it's the first one. I may import the Z title later but I'm not big on importing games with no story subs as I'm a stickler for story, even if it is just crazy. :P

I've watched a few videos and seen some reviews but all I really know is it'll be a challenge and I love those sorts of games.

I'm a big Disgaea fan too, so Mugen Souls being a strategy style game is right up my alley. I like to consider myself a pretty smart gamer when it comes to RPG's cause it's the only genre I really play nowadays and have been gaming for 23 years.

It's just arrived, so I'm about to jump in head first. I've heard that the first few chapters are boring / slow so I'll be aiming to get past them if they are as bad as people say.

I'll be back at some point with my thoughts. If I have any issues, I'll be sure to jump on here and ask for help. :)

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:41 pm

I though the first few chapters were epic and really funny. I guess there people with different tastes

Shadow
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Shadow » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:23 pm

darkrchaos wrote:I though the first few chapters were epic and really funny. I guess there people with different tastes

I just prepared myself for the possibility of them being lackluster. A lot of stuff I've read have people saying that the first 3 chapers are either boring or slow.

When I got to Sun World, I noticed that the game is rather choppy and sometimes takes a long time to load. The camera movement feels sluggish and it seems to be running at 18 fps when moving around. I had expected better than this as they've had a lot of time to work on it with Neptunia, etc. I'd even go as far as saying it runs worse than the first Neptunia.

I installed the Data Install but that hasn't really helped matters. I'll live with it but I'm just surprised at how un-optimized it is. (even for Compile Heart)

Speaking on Mugen Souls though... back to gaming! :D

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:11 pm

I thought it was extremely hard to get the hang of the game in the first 3 Chapters specifically because hey give tutorials after almost every 2 or 3 events. The original Mugen Souls is fun for me when you get extremely OP, I still haven't gotten a platinum on this yet even though I've played this game before Mugen Souls Z.

Finding the Master Points to turn continents into peons is annoying at the beginning but you will get use to them later on and understand where they are located. I used gamefaqs when playing Mugen Souls but I have listening to the story but the battles won't be fun until you figure out how to become OP.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

MegaManZXAvant
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby MegaManZXAvant » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:04 pm

Shadow wrote:Yeah, it's the first one. I may import the Z title later but I'm not big on importing games with no story subs as I'm a stickler for story, even if it is just crazy. :P

I've watched a few videos and seen some reviews but all I really know is it'll be a challenge and I love those sorts of games.

I'm a big Disgaea fan too, so Mugen Souls being a strategy style game is right up my alley. I like to consider myself a pretty smart gamer when it comes to RPG's cause it's the only genre I really play nowadays and have been gaming for 23 years.

It's just arrived, so I'm about to jump in head first. I've heard that the first few chapters are boring / slow so I'll be aiming to get past them if they are as bad as people say.

I'll be back at some point with my thoughts. If I have any issues, I'll be sure to jump on here and ask for help. :)

I have Mugen Souls Z now it arrived today and I am currently playing it.
PSN Friend Requests are very welcome just don't leave it blank or I will reject it.
Hummingbird Facebook Player.me YouTube Twitter

Return to “Mugen Souls”