Mugen Souls (PS3)

Official Mugen Souls Discussion Forum
Leon Tekashi
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Mugen Souls (PS3)

Postby Leon Tekashi » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:49 am

What about Chou Chou? What can she do in that game?
Spoiler:

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:04 am

Leon Tekashi wrote:What about Chou Chou? What can she do in that game?

Spoiler:
Chou-Chou can do it just like the new MC, makes the process go by in 1/2 the turns.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Leon Tekashi
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Leon Tekashi » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:24 am

Spoiler:
Interesting...I'm interested.
Spoiler:

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:23 pm

After reading about Makai Ichiban Kan~Trillion I came to realize how bad rumors get around the gaming community.

There are still people (usually negative towards Mugen Souls) saying that Mugen Souls is a Disgaea clone when it's clearly not or else Disgaea fans would be like this series, it's for Neptunia and Agarest fans.

I think it's more like Neptunia and Agarest Wars more than a Disgaea game but people still keeping saying this is a Disgaea clone and it's obviously nothing like it, it's not even made by the same company.

Some things it has like Neptunia:
Spoiler:
*4 person battle
*Free movement vs grid movement
*Party switch function
*Same style AAS cutscenes (the ones where the CGs look like they're breathing and lip sync to the voice.)

Some things it has to Agarest:
Spoiler:
*Linked/ Combination attacks
*Have 4 Willpowers/ Conditional Skills
*Really high level cap.
*Landing on certain areas give effects
*Mugen Souls Z only, they allow you to view the enemies status and skills when you unlock it.
*It has combination attacks.
*You can get bonuses for doing high combos.

To tie that Mugen Souls was meant to be Agarest, the True Ending optional bosses from Agarest are bosses on the Max Mugen Point bet. Even official artbook for Mugen Souls has Hirano Katsuyuki (the artist of Agarest Wars) and no credit at all to Harada Takehito.

I hope that people who don't know much about Mugen Souls read this before listening to rumors on Twitter/ Youtube/ Facebook etc that it's a Disgaea clone. It's an original Compile Heart game.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:35 pm

I'm playing through the game again in preparation for MSZ. ^^ Just the plot, really, but I'm glad to see that I'm still laughing.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

Leon Tekashi
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Leon Tekashi » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:44 pm

The story isn't deep but it's alright so far. Not a lot of character development, but it's still a story to laugh at.
Spoiler:

NEET_GAMER
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby NEET_GAMER » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:34 pm

So, I plan on playing Mugen Souls when I wake up in the morning, and I've one question.

What's the percentage of the dub? Is there enough voiced scenes? Or is the entire thing voiceless and only the important scenes being the voiced ones?

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:42 pm

NEET_GAMER wrote:So, I plan on playing Mugen Souls when I wake up in the morning, and I've one question.

What's the percentage of the dub? Is there enough voiced scenes? Or is the entire thing voiceless and only the important scenes being the voiced ones?

I think they did a pretty good job at dubbing Mugen Souls, think Victory was the only game that skipped a lot of dubbing. I think about 95% of the main story is dubbed but not the unimportant events that are short or side events because the JP audio didn't dub them either.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Leon Tekashi
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Leon Tekashi » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:43 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:
NEET_GAMER wrote:So, I plan on playing Mugen Souls when I wake up in the morning, and I've one question.

I think they did a pretty good job at dubbing Mugen Souls, think Victory was the only game that skipped a lot of dubbing. I think about 95% of the main story is dubbed but not the unimportant events that are short or side events because the JP audio didn't dub them either.

Really? Well then, that's a first.
Spoiler:

NEET_GAMER
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby NEET_GAMER » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:45 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:I think they did a pretty good job at dubbing Mugen Souls, think Victory was the only game that skipped a lot of dubbing. I think about 95% of the main story is dubbed but not the unimportant events that are short or side events because the JP audio didn't dub them either.

So it's a bit like the first Neptunia in terms of dubbing huh? I think this'll be excellent news for me when I give it a shot later on.

Cheers for the info. I really appreciate it :D

Leon Tekashi
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Leon Tekashi » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:47 pm

NEET_GAMER wrote:
chouchou's peon wrote:I think they did a pretty good job at dubbing Mugen Souls, think Victory was the only game that skipped a lot of dubbing. I think about 95% of the main story is dubbed but not the unimportant events that are short or side events because the JP audio didn't dub them either.

So it's a bit like the first Neptunia in terms of dubbing huh? I think this'll be excellent news for me when I give it a shot later on.

Cheers for the info. I really appreciate it :D

Just a warning though, if you're going for the true ending on your first playthrough, have fun grinding tediously.
Spoiler:

NEET_GAMER
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby NEET_GAMER » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:48 pm

Leon Tekashi wrote:Just a warning though, if you're going for the true ending on your first playthrough, have fun grinding tediously.

Cheers for the reminder, Leon. But depending on how many endings there are, I'll leave the True Ending for last.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:49 pm

@ccp
I think it's still fair to say that it could be CH's (attempted) answer to Disgaea.

Leon Tekashi wrote:Just a warning though, if you're going for the true ending on your first playthrough, have fun grinding tediously.

Well this just solidified my not getting it! Been on the fence, but that'll do it.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:54 pm

@Seventh, I wish it was Compile Heart's attempt at Disgaea, that would be pretty awesome if Mugen Souls was a 2D SRPG but I actually love the final result of the Mugen Souls series, probably one of my favorite games ever.

NEET_GAMER wrote:

Cheers for the reminder, Leon. But depending on how many endings there are, I'll leave the True Ending for last.

Only two endings, a normal one and a true one, no bad endings in this one but the True Ending takes a long time to get.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Leon Tekashi
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Leon Tekashi » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:56 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:@seventh, I wish it was Compile Heart's attempt to Disgaea, that would be pretty awesome if Mugen Souls was a 2D SRPG but the final result of Mugen Souls and especially Z, really satisfied me!

NEET_GAMER wrote:

Only two endings, a normal one and a true one, no bad endings in this one but the True Ending takes a long time to get.

Like I said, tedious grinding for the shampurus. You have to have your charm level average to about 20%. This is only one of the requirements to get the true ending though. Although, this is the worst part of the game. I'm still working on this myself. x_x
Spoiler:

Return to “Mugen Souls”