The "Official" Voice Actor Speculation Thread

Official Mugen Souls Discussion Forum
Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

The "Official" Voice Actor Speculation Thread

Postby Darcnova » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:40 pm

Making this thread for the fun of guessing which character will/should be voiced by what VA...though I'll start making a list with the guesses through updates since you guys most likely know the characters better than I :lol: I'll start us off

Lute(?) - Johnny Yong Bosch, or Spike Spencer
Soar - Shiloh Strong

Remember that this is pure speculation, though I might edit the character's VAs in once we get English videos

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Re: The "Official" Voice Actor Speculation Thread

Postby Houk » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:56 pm

Actually, we've decided to shake things up a little this time and just have all the characters voiced by folks from our office. Not because of time or budget or anything, but, well... A lot of us have always wanted the chance to act, and we figured this project would be the perfect opportunity.

Also, instead of keeping the original Japanese track, we will re-dub that using the same people from the office (playing different roles to keep things interesting, of course), and in the cases where the staff member/actor doesn't speak Japanese, they'll just say whatever it is they think the original actor sounds like they're saying. It's gonna be a real hoot!

LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:12 pm

Houk wrote:Actually, we've decided to shake things up a little this time and just have all the characters voiced by folks from our office. Not because of time or budget or anything, but, well... A lot of us have always wanted the chance to act, and we figured this project would be the perfect opportunity.

Also, instead of keeping the original Japanese track, we will re-dub that using the same people from the office (playing different roles to keep things interesting, of course), and in the cases where the staff member/actor doesn't speak Japanese, they'll just say whatever it is they think the original actor sounds like they're saying. It's gonna be a real hoot!

Nice try buddy, but you're two days late.

MountainFresh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby MountainFresh » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:11 am

LAMV wrote:
Houk wrote:Actually, we've decided to shake things up a little this time and just have all the characters voiced by folks from our office. Not because of time or budget or anything, but, well... A lot of us have always wanted the chance to act, and we figured this project would be the perfect opportunity.

Eh, it was the weekend. Give him a chance at least.

MountainFresh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby MountainFresh » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:12 am

Just the thought of it. That would sound terrible.

Kidding. But not about the thought of it.

LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:01 am

MountainFresh wrote:
LAMV wrote:

Eh, it was the weekend. Give him a chance at least.

Oh, I wasn't mad or anything.

But I wonder how such a dub *would* have been like...

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:49 am

:lol: that would be hilarious, but I'm sure you guys wouldn't take the risk of it becoming the next Chaos Wars (you played that, right Houk?)

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:58 am

That would have been amazing as like a super special unlockable ;)
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:00 am

Now, now. I expect the folks at the office would at least be trying. Chaos Wars didn't even have that.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:32 am

Rednal wrote:Now, now. I expect the folks at the office would at least be trying. Chaos Wars didn't even have that.

True, true...dang Houk, derailing my thread :lol:

Solice
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Solice » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:34 am

Darcnova wrote::lol: that would be hilarious, but I'm sure you guys wouldn't take the risk of it becoming the next Chaos Wars (you played that, right Houk?)

...for those who haven't, here it is. Be warned. I like dubs, but this... is... far beyond being able to stomach.

[Stream (Offline):] [Youtube]
Join the Unofficial NISA Chat! [IRC | Teamspeak]

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:45 am

Rednal wrote:Now, now. I expect the folks at the office would at least be trying. Chaos Wars didn't even have that.

I really would like to hear it, to be honest.

One day, you guys should have a fun little 'fan dub' session where you guys try dubbing over the lines of some of your more famous characters. It would be a really neat extra to include one day ~
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Solice
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Solice » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:49 am

vampko wrote:

One day, you guys should have a fun little 'fan dub' session where you guys try dubbing over the lines of some of your more famous characters. It would be a really neat extra to include one day ~

That would be neat, if it didn't break the contract agreements with the voice actors and license originators.

[Stream (Offline):] [Youtube]
Join the Unofficial NISA Chat! [IRC | Teamspeak]

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:52 am

Solice wrote:
vampko wrote:

That would be neat, if it didn't break the contract agreements with the voice actors and license originators.

Of course that would factor in. I'm just saying, if possible, I really think it would be neat.
Spoiler:

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:45 am

vampko wrote:

Houk did once say they were almost tempted to record one of their script-reading sessions one day... :P
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

Return to “Mugen Souls”