Mugen Souls Interview & Gameplay Footage at E3

Official Mugen Souls Discussion Forum
Chaoschao222
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Re: Mugen Souls Interview & Gameplay Footage at E3

Postby Chaoschao222 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:50 pm

What negative consequences could that possibly bring~?

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:52 pm

Lyner Barfless wrote:I'm a little nervous that the video actually puts my face, name, and title out there for the world to see... :oops:

You're on Facebook >.>

But, it's fine. it's nice to see the faces of NISA every once in a while.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Lyner Barfless
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby Lyner Barfless » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:06 pm

vampko wrote:You're on Facebook >.>

lol it's weird, but like...video bothers me for some reason. And I guess youtube is way more open for like, awful offensive comments? Totally unfounded, but yeah! It was awesome to get so many folks interested in Mugen Souls at E3!
日本だけため Vert: "Oh, my... To think that someone posted a falsehood on an Internet message board!" 日本だけため

RonXSilva
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby RonXSilva » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:11 pm

Lyner Barfless wrote:

lol it's weird, but like...video bothers me for some reason. And I guess youtube is way more open for like, awful offensive comments? Totally unfounded, but yeah! It was awesome to get so many folks interested in Mugen Souls at E3!

Yeah Youtube can be filled bad comments but mostly come from bad ignorant people and when it comes to bad ignorant people who cares what they think. Only people who agree with them are themselves xD

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:44 pm

Only real comment on that video was mine and it was telling them to fix the sound :P
Houk wrote:THE HYPOTHETICAL CENSORSHIP OF BABIES!

Spoiler:

LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:27 pm

I don't think I want to watch any video or interview related to Mugen Souls yet. I'd rather wait till I actually play the game, more exciting that way.

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:56 pm

Lyner Barfless wrote:

Well if it helps, people always try and trash your reasoning on GameFAQs too, but like Youtube, they are better off as being ignored people :lol:

@LAMV - Yeah, that's probably gonna be the only video I watch, aside from anything confirming VAs, and that's all because I like knowing the VAs before hand...mainly to try and see what type of performance I can expect

Lyner Barfless
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby Lyner Barfless » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:00 pm

Darcnova wrote:Well if it helps, people always try and trash your reasoning on GameFAQs too, but like Youtube, they are better off as being ignored people :lol:

*shrug* Nothing new there. I just try to be as honest and open as safely possible. If they don't want to accept my attempts at an insightful look into the process, then that's okay! I just hand out the basketball; they can either play some hoops or deflate it in spite or whatever.

edit: that was a very strange Nep-Nep-esque analogy. Oh Nep-Nep, I miss your silliness.
日本だけため Vert: "Oh, my... To think that someone posted a falsehood on an Internet message board!" 日本だけため

MizuMikomi
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby MizuMikomi » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:15 pm

Lyner Barfless wrote:I just hand out the basketball; they can either play some hoops or deflate it in spite or whatever.

edit: that was a very strange Nep-Nep-esque analogy. Oh Nep-Nep, I miss your silliness.

I honestly imagined Neptune saying that as I read it... ^^;

*Takes a quick glance a Kami Jigen Game Neptune V*

There's definitely more silliness to be had ~

Buuuuuuuut that's for another time, another topic. Lol
Eyeshield wrote:Pore, he is MIZUMikomi. Mizu is water. Water is formless, constantly changing shape, adapting to the surroundings... To succeed in life, one must be formless, like water... :ugeek:

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Eh. I think that companies have a bit of a duty to respond to questions seriously, even if the question is... not fully thought out, let's say? And has been asked before? But even so, I'd rather people ask questions for things that haven't been covered previously, or at least not very well. I mean, as far as I'm concerned, anyone who really wants to see more of a certain genre/series on a particular console should look into ways to demonstrate that it would be a viable, profit-generating venture for the developer. I think most companies will take you relatively seriously if they think they'll make a fair bit of money by doing so (and not jeopardize their current project/schedule/whatever in the process).

As long as we're talking about interviews and gameplay, though, I have a question for you as well, Lyner! o wo Or two questions. Whatever.

I've already seen stuff about Chou-Chou changing her forms in battle; besides the Moe Kill stuff, does this have any effect on gameplay (in terms of available skills, stats, etc.), or is the transformation mainly cosmetic? Also, does Chou-Chou's current personality matter for ship battles?
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

Lyner Barfless
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby Lyner Barfless » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:43 pm

Rednal wrote:Eh. I think that companies have a bit of a duty to respond to questions seriously, even if the question is... not fully thought out, let's say? And has been asked before? But even so, I'd rather people ask questions for things that haven't been covered previously, or at least not very well. I mean, as far as I'm concerned, anyone who really wants to see more of a certain genre/series on a particular console should look into ways to demonstrate that it would be a viable, profit-generating venture for the developer. I think most companies will take you relatively seriously if they think they'll make a fair bit of money by doing so (and not jeopardize their current project/schedule/whatever in the process).

As long as we're talking about interviews and gameplay, though, I have a question for you as well, Lyner! o wo Or two questions. Whatever.

I've already seen stuff about Chou-Chou changing her forms in battle; besides the Moe Kill stuff, does this have any effect on gameplay (in terms of available skills, stats, etc.), or is the transformation mainly cosmetic? Also, does Chou-Chou's current personality matter for ship battles?

It actually has a pretty significant effect. Not just for Chou-Chou, but the entire catalog of enemies and allies.

During E3, I found the easiest way to sum it up was this:
The "personalities" or "moe" in the game are the same as "elements" in most other RPGs. As in, you're not weak to "fire," instead you're weak to "sadists." If you're a "hyper," you'll be weak against "terse" characters, and so on.

It also affects the damage dealt between party members in linked attacks. If the two have the same or neutral "personalities" toward one another, they'll do decent damage. If the two personalities are incompatible, it's not going to reach its potential.

So think of Chou-Chou's forms as a guide to the "elements." Each one is colored kinda like the element they represent, and under the skills menu each one has a little element graphic by it to clue you in.

Her personality does not affect G-Castle battles :)

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:57 pm

Haha wow, that sounds interesting, no wonder it was accidentally called an SRPG for some time...

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:44 pm

I am excited by the prospect of personalty based elemental esq things.
Last edited by neonie on Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Spoiler:

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:46 pm

neonie wrote:I am exited by the prospect of personalty based elemental esq things.

Why are you leaving? Sorry, had to

Anyways, I agree...it seems interesting, and adds an element of strategy to the battles

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:03 am

lol forgot the c. There it is.

Spoiler:

Return to “Mugen Souls”