Talk about the proposed edits to Mugen Souls US here

Official Mugen Souls Discussion Forum
ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Talk about the proposed edits to Mugen Souls US here

Postby ZekeFreek » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:04 pm

Houk wrote:Okay, folks. As we approach 2500 posts and nearly a month and a half of open discussion, I've decided to compile what I see as the major issues into one Q&A. This has been posted in the first post of this thread. I'm going to leave the thread open for a while longer to let people read through it. If you think something wasn't covered that should be, pose your question here. Once I feel like we've seen all the new questions we're gonna see, I'll update the OP with answers to the questions I feel need answering, and will be shutting the thread down. The game is out of debug and preparing for final release, and I think we've covered everything we can cover here.

If anyone still wants to discuss general censorship, we have a thread for that. If anyone still thinks their voice hasn't been heard and they want to let us know what they think once this is closed, we have a support e-mail and I check my inbox regularly. If anyone wants a free pizza roll, contact me at my personal Web Zone.

Was that a Plinkett reference? Houk, you really are a geek, lol.
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

SpeedPunk
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby SpeedPunk » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:09 pm

Just wondering but has NISA sent a Email or a prinny Bomb Stating that this game will have edits in the game?

I think it will be nice to get one with all the info about it. Not everybody use's the fourms to get around to know.

Like for example, Your a first time buyer on the NISA store but it has no notice saying the game was edited/censor on it. I think it would be nice for people to know what their getting.
NISA - Censoring games cuz they can...

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:11 pm

SpeedPunk wrote:Just wondering but has NISA sent a Email or a prinny Bomb Stating that this game will have edits in the game?

I think it will be nice to get one with all the info about it. Not everybody use's the fourms to get around to know.

Like for example, Your a first time buyer on the NISA store but it has no notice saying the game was edited/censor on it. I think it would be nice for people to know what their getting.

If they aren't paying attention to the forums or haven't been reading up on the situation, My guess is that they don't care about edits to bein with.
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:14 pm

SpeedPunk wrote:Just wondering but has NISA sent a Email or a prinny Bomb Stating that this game will have edits in the game?

No sense advertising negative PR.
Houk wrote:THE HYPOTHETICAL CENSORSHIP OF BABIES!

Spoiler:

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:21 am

I just hope the game doesn't do too bad just because of it being censored. I hate that it had to be censored but it still a really epic game. I feel bad for NIS. They were forced to censor it to release it in the West and everyone got mad at them.

kardonius
Vassal
Vassal

Postby kardonius » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:48 am

It wasn't on the Prinny Bomb itself, but in the one they announced the game, Prinny Bomb #222, they linked the press release that stated that it would be edited due to sensitive content.
That's where I first found out about the edits myself.

If a person were interested in the game before it was announced in the first place they would probably have seen that already, but it would still be nice to have it on the store description. Not necessarily a good marketing move, but nice nonetheless.

ArmyofDarkness
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby ArmyofDarkness » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:47 pm

Basically what this thread has taught people is, everything about this was either moral or money/resources. In fact everything I dislike about NISA is tied to how poor they are. So NISA, please stop being poor someday. I dream of the day where all your games have complete dubs, and you have in house resources. It will be nice.

Hopefully events like this won't happen again. Just goes to show, sometimes you think you're doing the right thing, others won't always agree.

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:52 pm

ArmyofDarkness wrote:Basically what this thread has taught people is, everything about this was either moral or money/resources. In fact everything I dislike about NISA is tied to how poor they are. So NISA, please stop being poor someday. I dream of the day where all your games have complete dubs, and you have in house resources. It will be nice.

Hopefully events like this won't happen again. Just goes to show, sometimes you think you're doing the right thing, others won't always agree.

haha I know. We need to make NIS even more famous so they won't be so poor. I will not stop until NIS is more Famous then Call of Duty

Tokiko
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Tokiko » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:16 pm

vampko wrote:
ZekeFreek wrote:Take the script. Translate it. Then re-write it in English using most of the general ideas involved and really make sure it makes sense in English.

Hell, given that the two languages have completely different sentence structures, re-writing it is pretty much required.

Direct translations would not bother me at all :lol:
I've gotten so used to Japanese structure that
"Neptune Series fans' familiar to maker personification Comp and IF."
Doesn't sound odd at all to me xD

All I can think of when I hear direct translation anymore is (and boy am I dating myself for knowing this but)
-Pulled from Rhapsody PS1 release version
"Welcome to Snowdrop. The land of Snow. Please enjoy all the snow! (Note: this is what happens when you do a direct translation -The Staff)"

And ya I really wish NIS had more notoriety, especially when it speaks volumes about them knowing that more than half my PS3 and a good chunk of my PS2 games are all NIS games...... And I want more! MORE I SAY!

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:26 pm

(Note: this is what happens when you do a direct translation -The Staff)"

Wait, did you write that?

SpeedPunk
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby SpeedPunk » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:44 pm

kardonius wrote:

It wasn't on the Prinny Bomb itself, but in the one they announced the game, Prinny Bomb #222, they linked the press release that stated that it would be edited due to sensitive content.
That's where I first found out about the edits myself.

If a person were interested in the game before it was announced in the first place they would probably have seen that already, but it would still be nice to have it on the store description. Not necessarily a good marketing move, but nice nonetheless.

Yeah Just Like how Play-Asia Has Their's

Notice: Due to the sensitive nature of some content, NIS America has decided to edit certain aspects of this title for its North American release!
NISA - Censoring games cuz they can...

knightnightmare
Majin
Majin

Postby knightnightmare » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:43 am

darkrchaos wrote:I just hope the game doesn't do too bad just because of it being censored. I hate that it had to be censored but it still a really epic game. I feel bad for NIS. They were forced to censor it to release it in the West and everyone got mad at them.

people got mad but they will still support them cause we still love em but I just hope this doesn't become a habit .
The closer your go towards the light, the darker you shadow becomes.

Tokiko
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Tokiko » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:06 am

ZekeFreek wrote:
(Note: this is what happens when you do a direct translation -The Staff)"

Wait, did you write that?

No it's literally right out of the game haha. It's one of the NPCs in the town called Snowdrop. Throughout the game they do all kinds of wacky 4th wall breaking stuff. Though this is based off the Atlus original for PS1 it may have been changed on the NIS remake for DS.

Though it was one of my favorite things about that game X3

Tokiko
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Tokiko » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:10 am

knightnightmare wrote:
darkrchaos wrote:I just hope the game doesn't do too bad just because of it being censored. I hate that it had to be censored but it still a really epic game. I feel bad for NIS. They were forced to censor it to release it in the West and everyone got mad at them.

people got mad but they will still support them cause we still love em but I just hope this doesn't become a habit .

Well I dont see something like this becoming a habit for them if only because this is just one of those games that looks really good. It just had well ......... Really "sensitive" material in it, and it had to be changed to make it a possible port. And it wasnt even all that much to begin with (relative to the overall gameplay/story/etc. not based on the size of the content removed.). Most NIS games that get ported dont tend to be that .... well ridiculous in nature and I see this being a one shot deal.

Though if there is a HDN Mk3 and see how much its premise gets run with I may soon be eating those words >.>

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:37 am

You mean Neptunia Victory? The game that's coming out relatively soon, which we've all been discussing for ages in the Neptunia subforum? Featuring new characters such as Iris Heart and Yellow Heart, as will as baby and kid versions of some other characters due to dimension hopping/time traveling/whatever the heck is going on in that game? :lol: Well, I don't *think* there's anything that bad in there, so...
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

Return to “Mugen Souls”