Talk about the proposed edits to Mugen Souls US here

Official Mugen Souls Discussion Forum
Tokiko
Geo Master
Geo Master

Re: Talk about the proposed edits to Mugen Souls US here

Postby Tokiko » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:34 am

Rednal wrote:You mean Neptunia Victory? The game that's coming out relatively soon, which we've all been discussing for ages in the Neptunia subforum? Featuring new characters such as Iris Heart and Yellow Heart, as will as baby and kid versions of some other characters due to dimension hopping/time traveling/whatever the heck is going on in that game? :lol: Well, I don't *think* there's anything that bad in there, so...

Wait .... That ..... That exists? My god! Glorious Day! ...... I really should check certain forums more often ..... But so unmotivated

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:45 am

*Stares at your sig*

I'll bet.

That aside, I was a bit sad to notice something on the website. I guess voice personalities for characters will only happen with the Japanese audio? XD; With as many characters as this game has, I'm guessing they more-or-less used up their VA budget...
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

vertical09
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vertical09 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:32 am

Rednal wrote:*Stares at your sig*

I'll bet.

That aside, I was a bit sad to notice something on the website. I guess voice personalities for characters will only happen with the Japanese audio? XD; With as many characters as this game has, I'm guessing they more-or-less used up their VA budget...

I'm surprised they voiced as much as they did (I heard somewhere that they voiced about 90% of the game IIRC)
But 7 different VA's for each personality would be overkill =P

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:44 am

Okay. For the record, I'm not saying they NEEDED 8 different VAs. I'm saying they needed more than ONE.

In Japanese, Chou-Chou has 4 different seiyuus. Two personalities each, I believe. I would've liked something close to that.

I am seriously incapable of believing that one girl can do 8 totally distinct voices without sounding either the same or sounding really forced and awkward. I just don't think that's possible, Prove me wrong, NISA... Prove me wrong. I dare you.
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

BDSMKane
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby BDSMKane » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:49 am

ZekeFreek wrote:

Okay. For the record, I'm not saying they NEEDED 8 different VAs. I'm saying they needed more than ONE.

In Japanese, Chou-Chou has 4 different seiyuus. Two personalities each, I believe. I would've liked something close to that.

I am seriously incapable of believing that one girl can do 8 totally distinct voices without sounding either the same or sounding really forced and awkward. I just don't think that's possible, Prove me wrong, NISA... Prove me wrong. I dare you.

I have to agree with Zeke on this one, but I am interested to see how it plays out.
BDSMKane wrote:A defective product was released by NIS America on March 25, 2014.....and any support for that product is(by all appearances) non-existent. That's the core issue, and it reeks of poor business ethics.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:51 am

Chou-Chou IS the same. A certainly similarity isn't necessarily bad for a character who just changes her body. XD Now, if different party members sounded alike, that'd be different... but I'm certainly not going to judge the VA's work as good or bad until I've actually had the opportunity to evaluate it properly.

@Vertical: 90% of the Main Story, 50% of the game (apparently).

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:57 am

Rednal wrote:Chou-Chou IS the same. A certainly similarity isn't necessarily bad for a character who just changes her body. XD Now, if different party members sounded alike, that'd be different... but I'm certainly not going to judge the VA's work as good or bad until I've actually had the opportunity to evaluate it properly.

@Vertical: 90% of the Main Story, 50% of the game (apparently).

and 9999% fun.
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

BDSMKane
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby BDSMKane » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:57 am

Rednal wrote:Chou-Chou IS the same. A certainly similarity isn't necessarily bad for a character who just changes her body and personality. XD Now, if different party members sounded alike, that'd be different... but I'm certainly not going to judge the VA's work as good or bad until I've actually had the opportunity to evaluate it properly.

You forgot something in there, I fixed it for you.

I'm not saying it is going to be good or bad, I haven't even had a chance to hear the trailer yet due to lack of working audio. I just have my doubts of a single individual being able to provide eight different vocal characteristics. However I'm really looking forward to hearing how it is done.
BDSMKane wrote:A defective product was released by NIS America on March 25, 2014.....and any support for that product is(by all appearances) non-existent. That's the core issue, and it reeks of poor business ethics.

vertical09
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vertical09 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:01 am

Even if they change bodies, they still have their own traits and character to them, would be weird to see them all sounding close to the same.
But yeah, we'll just have to wait and see, it's not too far off anyway :P

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:27 am

A change in body/personality necessarily wouldn't change your vocal chords though, unless you got fatter as well...so meh, if she has some range, all's good

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:30 am

I think the characters should at least sound somewhat different, considering their personalities. Sadist's tone, for example, probably isn't the best way to do Hyper. If they're distinct, but resemble each other, I think that's fine.

vertical09
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vertical09 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:36 am

Darcnova wrote:A change in body/personality necessarily wouldn't change your vocal chords though, unless you got fatter as well...so meh, if she has some range, all's good

Neptune's voice always sounded completely different to me, and that's kind of the same concept here.
But yeah, as long as they don't sound exactly the same i'm ok with it ,some resemblance is perfectly fine.

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:14 pm

vertical09 wrote:
Darcnova wrote:A change in body/personality necessarily wouldn't change your vocal chords though, unless you got fatter as well...so meh, if she has some range, all's good

Neptune's voice always sounded completely different to me, and that's kind of the same concept here.
But yeah, as long as they don't sound exactly the same i'm ok with it ,some resemblance is perfectly fine.

She actually lost fat from switching between the two though (to the point where they comment on it...a lot), but I digress

Though I have a feeling that they would have went for another VA if the current VA didn't have a good enough range, though in all seriousness, even 2 people doing 4 voices each would be a bit expensive

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:31 pm

Darcnova wrote:
vertical09 wrote:

She actually lost fat from switching between the two though (to the point where they comment on it...a lot), but I digress

Though I have a feeling that they would have went for another VA if the current VA didn't have a good enough range, though in all seriousness, even 2 people doing 4 voices each would be a bit expensive

But... She was never fat to begin with!

BDSMKane
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby BDSMKane » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:35 pm

ZekeFreek wrote:
Darcnova wrote:
vertical09 wrote:

But... She was never fat to begin with!

Yeah, I never really thought those comments were serious. I just thought they were trying to be mean and pick on Neptune because she eats a lot of sweets. In fact I don't remember any scenes saying that she looked -slimmer- in HDD form, just scenes calling her fat in human form.

Return to “Mugen Souls”