Custom Character thread (character kit inside!)

Official Legasista Discussion Forum
Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Re: Custom Character thread (character kit inside!)

Postby Houk » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:32 pm

So after translating the Character Creator Kit, we found that there's some legal stuff that NIS-J wants us to observe. Essentially, we can keep this thread open and you can request character sheets and everything, but we can't post any direct links to sheets, and all sharing will have to be done via PM/e-mail.

Basically, as legal protection for a variety of reasons, we can't have publicly available sheets out there. So if you've posted some thus far, please remove the links and if you want to share them, just let people know they can PM you for the info. I'll be putting this in the first post as well.

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:34 pm

Houk wrote:So after translating the Character Creator Kit, we found that there's some legal stuff that NIS-J wants us to observe. Essentially, we can keep this thread open and you can request character sheets and everything, but we can't post any direct links to sheets, and all sharing will have to be done via PM/e-mail.

Basically, as legal protection for a variety of reasons, we can't have publicly available sheets out there. So if you've posted some thus far, please remove the links and if you want to share them, just let people know they can PM you for the info. I'll be putting this in the first post as well.

Does that include the ones from NIS-J's website?

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:19 pm

So, no downloads... but can we keep a non-URL list of which character sheets exist?
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

Teddie Sage
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Teddie Sage » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:24 pm

Yo Houk! Got a question, is it normal that when I create character that we can't hear their "voices" at all? I did two characters, and tried to test their voices, none were heard. It is something patchable?

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Houk » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:35 pm

Darcnova wrote:
Houk wrote:So after translating the Character Creator Kit, we found that there's some legal stuff that NIS-J wants us to observe. Essentially, we can keep this thread open and you can request character sheets and everything, but we can't post any direct links to sheets, and all sharing will have to be done via PM/e-mail.

Does that include the ones from NIS-J's website?

Anything officially available from NIS-J is fine, it's just a limitation for unofficial user-generated content.

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Houk » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:36 pm

Rednal wrote:So, no downloads... but can we keep a non-URL list of which character sheets exist?

As long as there are no links, yeah that's fine. (This means no direct linking to the files themselves as well as no linking to a website hosting said files.)

Muramasa
Peon
Peon

Postby Muramasa » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:31 pm

Hi, my custom character Black Gold Saw finished soon, what do you think about her ? (sorry for my english french inside).
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-54oxGTEFcQ8/UDa3_1kKDSI/AAAAAAAAACI/yLSwrDS9EBY/s1600/Screenshot+(1).png

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:45 pm

Looks like you've done a very nice job. ^^ Looks quite professional! Though... you might want to do the portrait, too. XD

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:12 pm

That's incredibly inconvenient :D

(I can't think of a way to do user sharing and created content any wronger, it's just about the worst possible rule you could ever have for this sort of thing.)
Houk wrote:THE HYPOTHETICAL CENSORSHIP OF BABIES!

Spoiler:

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Houk » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:44 pm

neonie wrote:

That's incredibly inconvenient :D

(I can't think of a way to do user sharing and created content any wronger, it's just about the worst possible rule you could ever have for this sort of thing.)

Regardless, it is what it is. I imagine it's to protect the company from any potential copyright-infringing characters that are distributed publicly, which they might be legally responsible for.

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:02 pm

Shougenai daro.
Houk wrote:THE HYPOTHETICAL CENSORSHIP OF BABIES!

Spoiler:

Lendrick
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Lendrick » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:58 pm

I made one of Green Heart (Vert) from Hyperdimension Neptunia:

[redacted]

I've uploaded all of my intermediate files as well, here:

[redacted]

Note that you'll need Photoshop or GIMP to read the .psd files included. Feel free to use the intermediate files for anything (or alter the final product). The intermediate files include a more curvacious body, which might be useful for some characters.

I saw the no direct links rule, but I'm hoping that an exception can be made in this case since NIS has rights to this particular character. If not, mods, you know what to do. :)

HOUK EDIT: Unfortunately, while we have published the Neptunia games over here, since Compile Heart isn't part of/owned by NIS-J / NISA, we don't have blanket rights to use of their characters. Sorry :(

LENDRICK EDIT: No problem, sorry about that. If anyone is interested, please PM me and I'll send them the links.

LENDRICK EDIT 2: I'm guessing screenshots are okay? http://i.imgur.com/UMHA6.jpg
Last edited by Lendrick on Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:46 pm

...Why didn't NIS release a sheet for

Spoiler:
Karina

?

Unless that character can be unlocked some other way...?

Ellipsis
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Ellipsis » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:48 am

I made the nessecary changes, I have a couple questions though.
Firstly, Should I take down the .zip links for the NIS-J distributed edits or can those stay?
Second, Could Takehito's edit of Pleinair stay, since it was made by the owner of the character and distributed freely by him on his blog?
Thirdly, Can we post links to edits for original characters, but just not ones owned by others due to copyrights?

Lendrick
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Lendrick » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:17 am

If someone were to start up a wiki, we could link the files from there.

Return to “Legasista”