Custom Character thread (character kit inside!)

Official Legasista Discussion Forum
Ellipsis
Geo Master
Geo Master

Re: Custom Character thread (character kit inside!)

Postby Ellipsis » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:40 am

Lendrick wrote:If someone were to start up a wiki, we could link the files from there.

That would probably still be frowned upon though...

zatrox
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby zatrox » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:27 am

Ellipsis wrote:
Lendrick wrote:If someone were to start up a wiki, we could link the files from there.

I think the main concern is distributing them in the official forum, so nah, a small wiki would be a great place for sharing.
四百二儒十燃やせ
[21:15:19] <zatrox> what the fuck is wrong with you, vampko
[21:15:23] <CirnoThe9> EVERYTHING

Muramasa
Peon
Peon

Postby Muramasa » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:57 am

hi, it's a problem if i post my work here ?
I have finished a new version of "Black Gold Saw".

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ViGEnQr9bj4/UDfK1O189RI/AAAAAAAAACc/CA3NZTBZ5YU/s1600/Screenshot.png

New face, weapons ( Dager, Sword, Bow ).

@ Rednal, Thanks a lot ! :oops:

Ps: Sorry for that, credit go for Huke (ryoheihuke) for BRS, Goodsmile co for the inspirated Nendoroid of "Black Gold Saw" and Nis America for Legasista for my fan creation of "Black Gold Saw".
Last edited by Muramasa on Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Houk » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:52 am

zatrox wrote:
Ellipsis wrote:

I think the main concern is distributing them in the official forum, so nah, a small wiki would be a great place for sharing.

No, the concern is having them posted publicly anywhere. Download the latest Character Creation Kit (with the translated legal info) for more details.

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Houk » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:54 am

Ellipsis wrote:
Houk wrote:So after translating the Character Creator Kit, we found that there's some legal stuff that NIS-J wants us to observe. Essentially, we can keep this thread open and you can request character sheets and everything, but we can't post any direct links to sheets, and all sharing will have to be done via PM/e-mail.

Basically, as legal protection for a variety of reasons, we can't have publicly available sheets out there. So if you've posted some thus far, please remove the links and if you want to share them, just let people know they can PM you for the info. I'll be putting this in the first post as well.

I made the nessecary changes, I have a couple questions though.
Firstly, Should I take down the .zip links for the NIS-J distributed edits or can those stay?
Second, Could Takehito's edit of Pleinair stay, since it was made by the owner of the character and distributed freely by him on his blog?
Thirdly, Can we post links to edits for original characters, but just not ones owned by others due to copyrights?

For question one: anything created or distributed by NIS-J themselves (anything on their website or in official releases/announcements) is fine.
For question two: if it was done by the character's owner (i.e. the person/company who can claim copyright ownership of the character) it's fine.
For question three: as long as it is clearly original, it's fine. But any resemblance noticed by me or anyone else would be grounds for removal.

Lendrick
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Lendrick » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:09 pm

For question one: anything created or distributed by NIS-J themselves (anything on their website or in official releases/announcements) is fine.
For question two: if it was done by the character's owner (i.e. the person/company who can claim copyright ownership of the character) it's fine.
For question three: as long as it is clearly original, it's fine. But any resemblance noticed by me or anyone else would be grounds for removal.

So, given the above, would it be okay to make a set of generic elements (hair, eyes, bodies, etc, that are clearly not from a single specific character) that can be easily re-colored and assembled in a paint program, and/or a web application that combines and recolors these generic elements for you?
Last edited by Lendrick on Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Houk » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:12 pm

Lendrick wrote:

So, given the above, would it be okay to make a set of generic elements (hair, eyes, bodies, etc) that can be easily re-colored and assembled in a paint program, and/or a web application that combines and recolors these generic elements for you?

I don't see why not. As long as none of the individual elements can be obviously tied to copyrighted characters, and the characters created with it and shared don't bear a resemblance to copyrighted characters, it should be fine.

Lendrick
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Lendrick » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:23 pm

I'll just leave this screenshot here:

http://i.imgur.com/awmCU.jpg

nftyw
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby nftyw » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:40 am

scrangos
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby scrangos » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:29 am

Harayada's blog post with Plenair is here

http://blog.livedoor.jp/haradaya_blog/a ... l#comments

Could someone PM me the compilation pack with fan made stuff?

Edit: Got it, Thanks!
Last edited by scrangos on Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

ivanchu77
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby ivanchu77 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:30 am

Can someone please send me a PM with the JP pack containing the fan edits?

Thanks in advance ;)

Edit: Already got the pack, thanks guys :D
Last edited by ivanchu77 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Firekat
Peon
Peon

Postby Firekat » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:13 am

ivanchu77 wrote:Can someone please send me a PM with the JP pack containing the fan edits?

Thanks in advance ;)

Same :). And any other info about fan sites that have edits =^_^=

PrinnyLink
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby PrinnyLink » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:57 am

i mad some my self but i dont exalty do them for just any body cause well it takes times so sorry but u can smiple goog it

shimrion
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby shimrion » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:43 pm

Rednal wrote:...Why didn't NIS release a sheet for

Spoiler:
Karina

?

Unless that character can be unlocked some other way...?

Spoiler:
don't know if you've found out yet, but after beating the story it adds Ms. Dungeon and Karina sprites to the default sprite choices when you make a character, along with all the other story character sprites.

Taihuo
Peon
Peon

Postby Taihuo » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:55 pm

I really like this game, but I had a question about character creation.I'm not very good with sprite drawing, and I was trying to use a picture from my digital camera, but the instructions aren't very clear. Do you have to take a picture of sprites or something to get the camera image to work in game?

Just to try it out I used a small stuffed animal and took all the pictures for the template and put them in the proper squares, but it didn't work. I made sure they all fit in the boxes and the lines, but it keeps on saying corrupted date when I try to import it. Any tips?

Return to “Legasista”