TW&THK Discussion Thread - Spoilers -

Official The Witch and the Hundred Knight Discussion Forum
shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: TW&THK Discussion Thread - Spoilers -

Postby shadowmaksim » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:52 pm

Now then, time for my final theory, at least for now.

This time around, it concerns the relations between Torude and the other Metallia that Metallia met in the beginning of Chapter 12.

My theory is that those two are actually, in fact, the same person.

When you start Chapter 12, Metallia tells you about how she met another Metallia...but she just left shortly before you, as Hundred Knight, arrived there.

If you talk to the Lamptrees around at the time (see my previous post above), you find out about a couple things about that Metallia.
- She sleeps a lot due to having a weak constitution.
- Her name isn't actually Metallia, but she instead goes by a different name.
- She actually knew about the Metallia we know from one of her dreams.
- The lamptrees refer to her as "Witch Master".

Torude, as the game reveals, is actually a Metallia from another dimension which matches point 2.

Every time you meet her, she always seems to know about what's going on and had some sort of foresight to everything. This can actually make sense if you go under the assumption that she foresaw everything that happened in her dreams in according to point 3.

I didn't note it but if you talk to one of the citizens at the castle, one of them mentions to go to the Witch Masters for any help that you may need. From this, we can infer that Witch Masters are simply witches who have a renown amount of skill and reputation to have earned that title. Torude, working for the kingdom, must be publicly known and and is probably included in the statement.

Now then, if we go and look at point 4, the lamptrees call the other Metallia "Witch Master" as well. It could go 2 ways from here. The first is that she is just a witch and their master so they are simply calling her that. The other is that she is a master witch and "Witch Master" was her title. From this, we can infer that, despite a weak constitution, she is no slouch in terms of magical power and/or knowledge. If it's the later, it means both Torude and the other Metallia would be known to have the same title.

The next part required me to actually do a little bit of outside research. If you ever look at Torude's portrait, you will notice that she has something hanging from her witch's hat.
Spoiler:

That is a Mandragora, otherwise known as a Mandrake.

Now then, why might this be important? Well, after looking it up, I found this article. In it, it talks about the various medicinal effects that Mandrakes have. And one of them is this:
They used it for procuring rest and sleep in continued pain, also in melancholy, convulsions, rheumatic pains and scrofulous tumours.

The other Metallia was described to have a weak constitution and slept a lot. And here is a plant carried around by Torude that is suppose to help put one to sleep when they are under pain. From this, we can assume that Torude might also have a weak constitution herself and uses Mandrakes so that she can peacefully sleep. Thus matching point 1 as well.

Torude seems to match near everything that the Lamptrees describe to be their master, in one way or another. This leads me to believe that the other Metallia and Torude are actually the same person.

Byzantian-Fandango
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Byzantian-Fandango » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:03 pm

I personally saw this as being fact. The way Metallia talks to Torude at the end of Chapter 12, when she directly asks her why she uses a different name, suggests they encountered each other when Metallia first arrived, and she probably had time to discuss her plans with Torude while the Hundred Knight was stuck in the Subdimensional Void.

In terms of a witch being powerful regardless of her physical frailty, a prime comparison is Dulche. She looks like a 9-year-old, yet she fought Niike by Uruka's side AND SURVIVED. With nothing more than a strange little cough (which could just as easily be contributed to her smoking habit). Nezaria herself is an example of a weak-looking little thing that is actually quite mighty. They could all have the title of Witch Master attributed to them. Indeed, this realm seems to make a habit of having its really powerful people look deceptively easy.

I'm fairly certain I've also seen those Mandrakes laying around Metallia's house in the background... That was how I made the connection myself.
Amethytus Library's Latest Entry: *2015/09/27 - Trouble Witches: Nest of Disruption*

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:27 am

I wasn't under the impression that there was even debate to be had about Metallia and Torude being one and the same? :?

I was pretty certain the game flat out told you. But either way, the mandragora thing was an interesting thing I hadn't noticed before.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:46 pm

I was talking about the other Metallia. The one mentioned at the start of Chapter 12 who you never actually meet.

Essentially, I'm juggling between 3 Metallias.
- Our Metallia
- Torude
- And the other Metallia from the beginning of Chapter 12

The game does tell you that Torude is a Metallia from another dimension. But there's no mention of the other Metallia that I'm referring to. Just that she and the Metallia we know talked and then she left shortly before Hundred Knight arrived at the swamp. Other then from the lamptrees, there isn't any other mention of her.
Last edited by shadowmaksim on Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Byzantian-Fandango
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Byzantian-Fandango » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:24 pm

Wouldn't say dense. Perhaps over-analyzing just a tad, but honestly, I didn't notice immediately either, so it's possible it's just more obvious to some people than others.
Amethytus Library's Latest Entry: *2015/09/27 - Trouble Witches: Nest of Disruption*

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:23 am

shadowmaksim wrote:I was talking about the other Metallia. The one mentioned at the start of Chapter 12 who you never actually meet.

Essentially, I'm juggling between 3 Metallias.
- Our Metallia
- Torude
- And the other Metallia from the beginning of Chapter 12

The game does tell you that Torude is a Metallia from another dimension. But there's no mention of the other Metallia that I'm referring to. Just that she and the Metallia we know talked and then she left shortly before Hundred Knight arrived at the swamp. Other then from the lamptrees, there isn't any other mention of her.

Now I'm worried that I'm just be incredibly dense and failing to notice something really obvious.

it says there that she's incredibly unskilled. it was pretty implied that Torude was pretty skilled.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:26 pm

Apologies for the late reply vampko. I somehow missed the notification that there was another comment.

Anyway, it was Metallia who said that the other her was unskilled. Honestly, I chucked that up to Metallia being Metallia. I mean, she even looked down on all of the Walpurgis witches and some of them are considered to be some of the best witches there are if I'm recalling correctly. It wouldn't surprise me if that was the case here as well.

Return to “The Witch and the Hundred Knight”